Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi! Did anyone print on the TouchPad yet? What do you think about the printing features, and how did it work for you?

Have tested briefly myself couple of days ago, but that was in a HP demo center so maybe not the best real-life test. But from what I tried and experienced there, it's pretty great.

Please note I work for HP in the printing division (in a non-launch contry); not related to Palm BU in any way, and just wondering abut what people think out of personal / semi-professional interest
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I tried to set up my printer. Unfortunately, it seems to only support HP printers. Mine is a Canon and I got an error message saying it wasn't supported.
    i'm honestly hoping that this is expanded, I dont own an HP printer (have a canon and a epson) so while this looks quite nice its useless to me.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I try my HP Photosmart it works pretty good. It print within seconds I havent try the photos yet I'm out of ink :-(
    Wow, this isn't something I considered. I don't have a HP printer either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I tried to set up my printer. Unfortunately, it seems to only support HP printers. Mine is a Canon and I got an error message saying it wasn't supported.
    And that is only newer HP Printers. My HP Laserjet 4 with Jetdirect TCPIP Network interface has served me for more years, using the same toner cartridge, and still kicking. Sadly, it does work reporting not supported device.

Maybe next time we replace a printer we'll get something compatible. Till then I'll have to forward to my Mac for assistance. Sorli...
    JamesChuang likes this.
    A few months ago I picked up a new cp1025nw HP color laser. The unit itself is fine. It didn't have Eprint. This month it did get a firmware update and now it prints with airprint on the Ipad I have. I hope when I get the TouchPad I can print from it to.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Since I have a wireless HP printer it set up automatically. It's freaking awesome.
    I tried connecting to my 16 year old HP Laserjet 4m over Jetdirect and also got the unsupported message. :-(
    I tried setting it up with my 30 year old hand cranking printer, but alas, no compatibility.
    worked perfect for me...required no installation
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    And that is only newer HP Printers. My HP Laserjet 4 with Jetdirect TCPIP Network interface has served me for more years, using the same toner cartridge, and still kicking. Sadly, it does work reporting not supported device.

Maybe next time we replace a printer we'll get something compatible. Till then I'll have to forward to my Mac for assistance. Sorli...
    I have the CP1518ni and the auto-discover for some reason couldn't find it either, I tried putting in the IP address of the printer directly and surprisingly it worked, so you might want to see if that helps!
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    derwin likes this.
    how about e-print? is there an app for that on there ?
    auto-discovered my cp2025dn. Then I printed out my rebate form :-)
    I've only tried it at the store, and it discovered/printed to an HP printer with no issues whatsoever. My HP printer at home is from 2002, and isn't supported. It's a sweet feature, but I rarely ever print anything out anymore, so it's not something I really care about. A part of me still wishes that I have a supported printer though, if only for the novelty factor and the once every few month printing that I actually do.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I've only tried it at the store, and it discovered/printed to an HP printer with no issues whatsoever. My HP printer at home is from 2002, and isn't supported. It's a sweet feature, but I rarely ever print anything out anymore, so it's not something I really care about. A part of me still wishes that I have a supported printer though, if only for the novelty factor and the once every few month printing that I actually do.
    if ure printer is connected to the network try inputting the iP address manually. Although many older printers arent officially supported they will still work!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is it really limited to HP printers or does a network connected PCL6 work?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I selected print from an email and a pdf. It took about 2 seconds to find my networked non-wifi Officejet Pro K550. It even warned my I was out of paper.
    I did a quick print to my HP c310 eprinter... found it on the network automatically and printed no problem.
    rkruger likes this.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast