Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsmash View Post
    Hp LaserJet Pro p1102w - brand new wireless out of the box, no go on the touchpad....

Mo.
    Are you sure? Some HP printers don't auto-detect, but will work if you put in the IP address of the printer.
    perhaps anybody with a working printer can contribute here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    If anyone is compiling a list of ones that do work without modding things. I have a HP Deskjet 6980 on my network that picks up and works, no problems.

I'm a bit disappointed that the photo app only let's me select 4x6 and 5x7 for photo sizes.
    Worked great on my old epson all in one printer and my newer hp printer without having to install it.
    I developed a program that is a virtual network printer that can successfully accept print jobs from the TouchPad and print them to the default printer on a computer. Please see the main thread for details: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3155288
    So is there any possible way to print to a printer hooked up to a Mac and not a PC?

I've always been able to print from a laptop to my printer hooked up to my Mac Pro on the same wireless network. I have a HP F300 and it is not wireless. Yeah I could use a wireless printer but I can't afford it right now. My router also does not enable any USB devices so I can't connect it there (And it doesn't make sense based on where it is located).

Really wish I could print from my Touchpad = /
    Quote Originally Posted by bw42 View Post
    If anyone is compiling a list of ones that do work without modding things. I have a HP Deskjet 6980 on my network that picks up and works, no problems.

I'm a bit disappointed that the photo app only let's me select 4x6 and 5x7 for photo sizes.
    According to the HELP app on the TouchPad, the size options are those available on your printer.
    I am, therefore I think
    hkowalczyk likes this.
    So is there any possible way to print to a printer hooked up to a Mac and not a PC?

I've always been able to print from a laptop to my printer hooked up to my Mac Pro on the same wireless network. I have a HP F300 and it is not wireless. Yeah I could use a wireless printer but I can't afford it right now. My router also does not enable any USB devices so I can't connect it there (And it doesn't make sense based on where it is located).

In the future, I think most definitely. *See the "Print to any printer" thread. *It will likely get ported to other platforms. I'm using that method to print to my non-network printer on XP. *I have wasted many sheets of paper in the last two days. :P

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-solution.html

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    In the future, I think most definitely. *See the "Print to any printer" thread. *It will likely get ported to other platforms. I'm using that method to print to my non-network printer on XP. *I have wasted many sheets of paper in the last two days. :P

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-solution.html

Yeah, I am hoping that a solution like that will be available for mac soon. I don't mind tinkering but I don't want to do too much just to get it to work. If anything I'll just save up for awhile and get a decent wireless printer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPotoroo View Post
    Are you sure? Some HP printers don't auto-detect, but will work if you put in the IP address of the printer.
    Yes it will not let me add it, "This printer was automatically discovered and is already available."
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    just picked up HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer thru HP Academy store for $180 after adding the Shop50Now $50 instant coupon code since its on sale (last day of their Labor Day sale pricing). Full 2-sided color laser with fax, scan, and autofeed originally like double the price so I'm hoping this will be a huge plus to my TP printing needs. It got really good reviews so now I just have to wait and see when it gets here! I have a LJ 3055 black only but it wouldn't print and then I realized I probably need to update the firmware and drivers bc there's no reason it shouldn't work with the TP since it has a direct LAN connection in back that's hooked up to the network.

I'm thinking of getting the same printer
    did it work?
    Works great with HP Officejet 6500A. The Touchpad auto-discovered the printer on the network without me having to do a thing.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    This may be stupid question but is there anyway to use Google's Cloud Print function on the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Printing works just fine with my Photosmart wireless printer.

However, I wish there was a way to print in Landscape mode.....
    Quote Originally Posted by theomodsim View Post
    I developed a program that is a virtual network printer that can successfully accept print jobs from the TouchPad and print them to the default printer on a computer. Please see the main thread for details: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3155288
    Hi,
    This worked first try with the instructions above.

I'm running Win7 64-bit Enterprise. I'm connecting to a 10-year old HP PSC2210 All-In-One printer (that has PCL3 capabilities).

Thanks a bunch!!!!
    My TP auto-detects and prints to an HP CN245B all in one with ePrint.Amazing value too at €49.00.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I just bought a new HP 3000 J310 WIFI inkjet and my Tpad says it is not supported. ???

My brother-in-law just got a new HP WIFI Laserjet, same response from his Tpad.

You would think HP printers (at least the modern ones) would be supported via WIFI by a Tpad. This is nuts and reflects badly on HP's rep as a technology leader. And don't give me the excuse that WebOS is Palm not HP.

Any real solutions out there??? Please!!!!
    jgb (Tpad)
    Palm Treo 680, HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bledsoejr View Post

I did a little checking and mac os/x uses net-snmp and cups, same as Linux/BSD/OpenIndiana so I you should be able to get it to work based upon the information in http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3233630 for Linux. I've got some notes in the thread for OpenIndiana.

The procedure is straightforward.
    1. Update your net-snmp configuration file with the appropriate "override" statements.
    2. Add a listening daemon to proxy printer communications from your computer to to a cups printer.

Unfortunately, (1) is different for each release of OS/X (and server vs. desktop) so you need to find information for your particular setup. (2) can be done easily with tcpserver (you'll need to compile it for the mac), some xinetd application, or something similar (possibly even with some applescript magic).
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Well I had a little (very little) success yesterday. The printer WIFI light stayed on (connected to my PC WIFI) when I powered on the printer. But still cannot print from my PC to the Inkjet. I think it is a port problem on the PC print manager that is a bit beyond my experience.

And the Tpad sees the printer (yea!!!) but when I print something, I get the error message "Unable to communicate with the printer at this time - Err 402".

So it is still useless to me, and far too light to be a boat anchor, unlike the first HP LaserJets.
    jgb (Tpad)
    Palm Treo 680, HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by JohanX View Post
    Printing works just fine with my Photosmart wireless printer.
    Same here. Printing works well with my HP Photosmart 5510 on home wifi, and ePrint works nicely too.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast