Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Didnt work with my Canon MX-850 at home, but that even surprised me more was the OCE 22C office printer with snmp and bonjour was not automatically detected and immediately returns with incompatible printer (unlike the delay I encountered with the Canon before it timed out). I'm hoping that it will be a simple patch at some point to enable any compatible network printer, but at the very least please add a print to pdf default printer.
    Have you tried entering the IP address the printer rather than doing an auto detection? If your printer supports PCL 5 it should work fine as the TP is doing the rendering and sending a complete image over to the printer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Have you tried entering the IP address the printer rather than doing an auto detection? If your printer supports PCL 5 it should work fine as the TP is doing the rendering and sending a complete image over to the printer.
    Nothing - IP attached PCL5, HP LaserJet 4050TN - nuttin!

If I put the IP address in alone (no name), I get:
    This printer is currently not
    supported. Please select or
    add another printer

Really - not supported???

If I fill both fields, I get the same thing.

Any thoughts (HP)?

Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Is it really limited to HP printers or does a network connected PCL6 work?
    it doesnt work with my PCL compatible Brother HL-2170W wireless printer.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Iwas NOT able to get it to work with my brother hl-4070CDW which according the the spec page uses PCL6

Wireless Color Laser Printer | Color Printer | Brother HL-4070CDW

My printer is just connecting to my wireless hotspot.
    Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq
    Worked great with my HP Officejet Pro 8500, found my printer automatically and I just hit print.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Interestingly, the TP is happy to setup my Deskjet 895Cxi hanging off a Motorola print server. Nothing ever prints out, mind you. The printer just throws blank pages....

Andrew
    I bought a HP printer just the other day. I was holding off for the touchpad.

It works flawlessly and quickly.

No complaints.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I have a very old HP C7180 and it prints fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    According to the TouchPad spec page on printing, it says all ePrint enabled printers should work, so it's very likely your firmware-updated CP1025nw will work just fine with the built-in printing support. And of course you can also use the ePrint app when that arrives for webOS.
    What exactly is "ePrint"? I have a networked printer that works just fine as a standard unix lpd style print queue. It can handle PostScript and PCL5. I can key in the IP address, but the tablet says that it isn't supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    What exactly is "ePrint"? I have a networked printer that works just fine as a standard unix lpd style print queue. It can handle PostScript and PCL5. I can key in the IP address, but the tablet says that it isn't supported.
    It means that it'll only work with HP printers. ePrint is an HP branding for certain network compatibilities.

Honestly, I suspect they're simply blocking non-HP printers, which is stupid.

If this is to be an enterprise tablet, it needs to print to any printer that it could possibly find on the company network.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Printed to MFC-6310, auto discovered, printed an email and pdf, memo and Quickoffice support should be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Printed to MFC-6310, auto discovered, printed an email and pdf, memo and Quickoffice support should be next.
    How did you manage that? I have a Brother MFC-6490CW and mine comesback as 'not supported'.

-Jeremy
    Connected my hp d110 photo smart and giving it a try as we speak. The power point presentation had some formatting issues, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    how about e-print? is there an app for that on there ?
    ePrint doesn't need an app. Just attach the doc to an email. Done.
    gcstith likes this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    How did you manage that? I have a Brother MFC-6490CW and mine comesback as 'not supported'.

-Jeremy
    Nothing, it's just connected to a router, the TP auto discovered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    I have the CP1518ni and the auto-discover for some reason couldn't find it either, I tried putting in the IP address of the printer directly and surprisingly it worked, so you might want to see if that helps!
    The printer and touchpad have to be on the same network. I had to make sure mine were connected to the same SSID (wireless-n) for autodetect to work.
    It found my CLJ3600n just fine...then complained that it's an unsupported printer when I tried to print to it.

I honestly can't even understand how a TCP/IP PostScript printer (two pretty well defined standards) could be recognized but unsupported.
    Sounds like we need a homebrew patch to allow printing using standard protocols to non HP network Printers.
    hrminer92 and irwinr12 like this.
    Worked beautifully straight out the box for me on CP2025
    dfnklive likes this.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast