Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now that some people own a TouchPad in the USA, does somebody tried to pair their Palm Pre- (1.4.5) with the TouchPad to see if you can receive the sms?? And what was the results?
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    my Veer is not working correctly with it.... It may be a kink they need to iron out.
    I'm not sure about 1.4.5 but I can't get it to work on 2.0. I keep getting an "unable to connect" error, even though I'm connected and can use the features in the phone app.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    It was reported that it worked for other users on 1.4.5. There was a different thread about this.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Im willing to wait for the feature to work. Its basically a luxury not a necessity, but you would think they would have had it working correctly at launch.
    Voice works with my Sprint Pre-, but not SMS.
    I talked with HP chat and they said the feature isn't ready yet. As some have said, just a luxury, not worried.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I was able to get calls working. I'm trying the SMS now...
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I dont see it as a luxury, I see it as an advertised feature that is not working. We can make excuses cause we really like the OS but come on, enough is enough. Its like they want to fail. I know that sounds crazy but I just dont get it.
    You have got to remember that this was never advertised to work with the original Pre ...
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    You have got to remember that this was never advertised to work with the original Pre ...
    But it doesn't work with the Veer either. It's definitely disappointing but I guess I wasn't expecting it to work so I'm not let down.
    I am so glad this isn't just me. When pairing does everyone have the exclamation mark that doesn't let you view the error?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    with the pre2 and up it should work as well... but sms im not sure if u need 2.2 for that or if 2.0 already has it
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    phone calls dont work well. The person who calls you hears a horrible echo. Hope they fix it
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    @stu, try keeping the pre n mute or stepping further away from it.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    voice works fine, but no SMS on AT&T Pre plus 1.4.5...
    Looks like another donation for webOS Internals when this gets fixed...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    My Pre classic is working great for voice. Haven't gotten an SMS yet. Will report back once I know.
    SMS isn't working with my unlocked Pre 2 and the voice portion works sporadically at best. Hopefully it will be corrected in the immediate OTA update.
    2.1 Sprint pre - working great with voice calls and no sms support yet. probably will come out with an update to address the issue.
    Its seems the sms feature doesn't work w the legacy devices?

I have a verizon pre2 and sms doesn't work either

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast