Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    There is a profile that is required in order for messaging to work it's called MAP (messaging access profile)
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Older units do not have this profile on the devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Pre- here and everything except the SMS works.

This is the intended way and it seems to work fine for me.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    HP was clear that an OTA update to webOS 2.2 was necessary to allow the TouchPad to use TTS with the Veer. I expect SMS forwarding will also require webOS 2.2.

The Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+ will never get webOS 2.2 through normal channels here in the US. The Pre 2 has not been mentioned as getting webOS 2.2+ as far as I have seen so I doubt SMS forwarding or TTS will ever work with the Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Mine worked for a day Then I turned the Bluetooth off for a private call then back on and no SMS.
    Help Please to get this working again
    I thought about doing a full erase and see if it will work again?
    I Have A pre2 on SPRINT (love this phone)
    i noticed when you look at the settings for the palm pre in bluetooth settings on the Touchpad it has an option for SMS. i think i will be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    HP was clear that an OTA update to webOS 2.2 was necessary to allow the TouchPad to use TTS with the Veer. I expect SMS forwarding will also require webOS 2.2.

The Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+ will never get webOS 2.2 through normal channels here in the US. The Pre 2 has not been mentioned as getting webOS 2.2+ as far as I have seen so I doubt SMS forwarding or TTS will ever work with the Pre 2.
    were not talking about TTS though, just sms forwarding.
    any update on this?
    I'm curious to know if anyone heard anything about getting this to work or figured anything out? I am unable to get my touchpad to integrate with text (sms) messages on my palm pre plus. I think this would be an awesome feature to get working.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I dont see it as a luxury, I see it as an advertised feature that is not working. We can make excuses cause we really like the OS but come on, enough is enough. Its like they want to fail. I know that sounds crazy but I just dont get it.
    I see what ur saying. It's not make or break for me but def. adds to the panache of cool features & doesn't seem like it would be terribly tough to have working from the get go. Plus, if they made it a feature to support sms fwding with iOS & Android I think it's a feature that seems small but many would really come to find so useful it could be a way to build loyalty for people to see as a reason they want to stick with webOS bc it simplifys their life & handling mobile communications? I look fwd to it & hope hp decides to build out more available features of pairing ones Pre or webos phones including the huge number of people stuck on 1.4.5.
    You can pair any webOS phone to the TP and send and receive calls. You may hear an echo because your phone is too close to the touchpad, as this is meant to work when when your phone is not by your side.

SMS forwarding is currently not available for webOS phones to the tablet. This was going to be an OTA for 2x and over devices. I am confident this will be available in the next OTA available for webOS phones and Tablets.

This subject was covered in detail months ago when the Veer was released.
    As others have already said, voice calls work with my sprint pre but no texting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    SMS forwarding is currently not available for webOS phones to the tablet. This was going to be an OTA for 2x and over devices. I am confident this will be available in the next OTA available for webOS phones and Tablets.

This subject was covered in detail months ago when the Veer was released.
    Can you provide a link to that discussion? Is this going to require an OTA update for the Touchpad or will it also require an OTA update for the Palm Pre Plus? If both, then I'm afraid I'll never be able to use this feature as there are no more updates for the Palm Pre Plus. I'm stuck at 1.4.5.

I also won't be getting a Pre 2 as the phone isn't that much different from mine now (have it overclocked).

HP will really need to get moving on their decisions. Phones need updating and if they're going to show everyone that they've not just thrown webos out, they should start licensing and/or building phones soon.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre 1.4.5 no voice or sms working at all, looks to have paired up just fine, but when I try to receive a call, or send or receive an sms nothing.

Edit:
    Last night I got it to use the Touchpad for voice, but no sms.
    Last edited by thelessa; 08/30/2011 at 06:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelessa View Post
    Sprint Pre 1.4.5 no voice or sms working at all, looks to ahve paired up just fine, but when I try to receive a call, or send or receive an sms nothing.
    Calls work for me on my Pre- (1.4.5). I even demo'd it to the HP & Best Buy reps on the day of release. Not a single one of them knew it was possible, much less how to do it. They all thought it was pretty cool, but I see texting as more useful than the phone--nice to have the big keyboard some times.

Text wasn't supposed to occur for us Pre- users, but I wasn't worried because I planned on getting a Pre 3. Argh. Now that the U.S. isn't getting the Pre 3, I sure hope there is a way to include SMS for us on our paired TouchPads.
    Has anyone able to get it to work with the Pre 2 with 2.1? I paired my phone and have the sms option on, yet I can't get it to work. The TouchPad says the phone is connected.
    Have anyone tested this with the Pre3? maybe someone can make a patch made from pre3 if it works.
    my tp and pre plus exchanged messages the first time I paired them. After that, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefabricated View Post
    my tp and pre plus exchanged messages the first time I paired them. After that, nothing.
    You sure it wasn't a Google message (or another messaging account e.g. Skype, AOL etc)? I thought for a second it worked for me when I first got my TP but realized it was just a Google message and I happened to be logged into Google chat on both my Pre and TP. The notification symbol is obviously the same so it might be easy to confuse the two. As mentioned before, the Pre, Pre + and Pre 2 all lack the required Bluetooth profile to perform the SMS forwarding.

I only mention it because everyone that says it's worked with a phone that it shouldn't; all mention that it happened when they first got their Touchpad.

On a side note, I've tried installing the SMS Forwarding patch on my Pre and forwarded the texts to my Google Voice number, which in turn is setup to forward to my email address. Somewhere along this forwarding chain it's failing. Maybe someone else might wanna give that a try and see how that works for them. Obviously this isn't an actual SMS as displayed on the TP, but you'd still be notified of it.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by prefabricated View Post
    I think your palm profile restores them from backup, mine did it too? I don't have any other messaging, and I can confirm they were all the same messages as those on the phone.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Voice works fine, I can make calls and receive them on the touchpad with my Pre-. SMS I haven't gotten to work yet though. It gives me the option to send as SMS but just errors out every time I try.

-Jared
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast