Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoobieDoo
  1.    #1  
    So I went into best buy today to check out the touchpad. I'll admit I am disappointed by it, but still want to play with it and see it succede so I can eventually get one. However, walking into best buy I found out they have no display and also was talked down majorly by sales rep. The rep expressed how no one there liked it, it was slow, and that I was better off getting something android. She also went on to see their hp rep said it was a rushed product to compete with ipad... Not good if sales reps are turning people away.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Guess it all depends on the situation. My best buy this morning had it all set up, and the rep who got me my reserved copy was talking about how he had played with it and it was really cool and asked if I knew about Touch to Share.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You have to understand that this is personality based. Different store, different staff, you'll get a completely different message. I went into a Best Buy and the woman there was excited about it, said that the rep had trained the store on it and she loved the video conferencing.

Another store and another rep said his HP rep kept them up until 3 in the morning drilling them on details.

Another store and another rep knew nothing about it, didn't know when it was coming or anything.

Another store and the guy there was a big fan of the Galaxy tab because that's what he had and he heard a rumor that HP was dumping webOS when Windows8 comes.

Another store and the girl there said HP was just copying the playbook and the playbook was the better device and does everything the TouchPad does.

ad infinitum.

You are going to get this kind of variation when we're talking about low wage retail sales staff. It's also going to be dependent on management. Some stores have management that is on top of things, reinforcing training, maintaining consistency, and other stores the management is just getting by doing the minimums. Same everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    So I went into best buy today to check out the touchpad. I'll admit I am disappointed by it, but still want to play with it and see it succede so I can eventually get one. However, walking into best buy I found out they have no display and also was talked down majorly by sales rep. The rep expressed how no one there liked it, it was slow, and that I was better off getting something android. She also went on to see their hp rep said it was a rushed product to compete with ipad... Not good if sales reps are turning people away.
    What store and where? Plus what was his name?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    iPad2 >>>>>> TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > Xoom based on my personal testing today. Back to back to back. I felt the Android tablets were jokes.
  6.    #6  
    True. Going to check out another best buy this weekend. I know it needs some improvements, but it's better then android and with some updates and apps its easily competitive
    Check out another BB!

I had a HORRIBLE experience last night at first BB.
    Sales reps didn't know anything (aka "is it Android?"). One display unit was dead and spitting errors; The other was smudgy and mounted at a profile to show the demo vid sideways; The wi fi was not connected; It crashed every 10-15 minutes; web pages would error out; flash did not run at all, etc, etc. Not a good experience at all and I hope a local HP rep comes down on them without mercy.

Today I went up the road and just had a great experience. Beautiful units (someone their knows the power of a wipe); knowledgable helpful staff still doing her job (trying to up sell me on Geek Squad); it all worked great and now my faith in TP is restored again.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    65fastback likes this.