Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #1  
    does anyone know how I can stop the touchpads web browser from jumping from left to right when I scroll we pages? It makes for a jittery web experience on this tablet unless you scroll your finger perfectly vertical.
    Don't think there's a way to do that unfortunately. I do agree with you though. Seems more finicky than the browser on the Pre. The Pre browser allowed for some leeway when scrolling vertically to prevent the browser from going all over the place. Doesn't seem to be the case on the TouchPad. Best solution for now is to just use tiny flicks to scroll. Animation seems more fluid this way and accidental horizontal scrolling, in my experience, seems less common.
  3.    #3  
    that's sad. I waited all this time for the touchpad and a stupid glitch is going to make me return it. I can not get used to the screen shaking when I scroll....none of the other tablets do this.
    I hope this is fixed, it is evident in apps as well and makes scrolling unpleasant .
    Don't seem to have the problem when i scroll "correctly". But when I drag my finger on a slight diagonal it does move the page as such.

"Seems more like a feature then a problem".

"BUT it is totally user preference if you ask me".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    the big screen supposedly will mostly eliminate the requirement for left-right panning. It should be fixed.
    Definitely gets annoying
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by usaaztek View Post
    that's sad. I waited all this time for the touchpad and a stupid glitch is going to make me return it. I can not get used to the screen shaking when I scroll....none of the other tablets do this.
    LOL.... You would return the TouchPad for this? Wow...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    IAmAPhoenix and nemo like this.
  9.    #9  
    yes...its annoying. Do you guys think hp will fix this or should I send it back before the 14 days are up? What a waste of my time...i waited 4 months for this?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    LOL.... You would return the TouchPad for this? Wow...
    Yes, its horrible IMO.
    Agreed... HP has heard the feedback and hopefully they'll lock that movement up.
    I haven't noticed this at all. This is hardly a bug. Its just an animation that you don't like. Its not really "broken" so no i don't think HP will "fix" it. but if enough people complain, they may tweak it or add a preference. as it stands, i doubt it's very high on their list...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I haven't noticed this at all. This is hardly a bug. Its just an animation that you don't like. Its not really "broken" so no i don't think HP will "fix" it. but if enough people complain, they may tweak it or add a preference. as it stands, i doubt it's very high on their list...
    Have you used Any other tablet? None of them do this (iOS, android, bb) How do you scroll without the screen shifting? I would assume most people hold it with 2 hands and use their thumb to scroll the page. The natural motion of your thumb has a curve, therefore causing the screen to shift horizontally and then bounce back.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    its not that annoying
    GreatCaesar likes this.
    *cough* preware I'm sure will come to the rescue *cough* (remember, we are a community of modders - don't return it, patch it (soon).
    FetusSoup likes this.
    I think I know what you're referring to but I can't test it cuz I do not yet own a touchpad. But if I remember correctly this is one of the patents that Apple owns besides the way to unlock a touch screen device and the bounce effect when scrolling all the way to the top or bottom. Correctly me if im wrong but I believe that on ios, you lock the vertical scrolling feature and won't be able to scroll any other direction if done correctly. The same is true for scrolling horizontally. If you however scroll in a diagonal direction, you're free to scroll in any direction. I can't remember if this was true for my palm pre plus but its definitely present on a windows phone 7 that im using now. Maybe its a matter of how you're scrolling/interacting/touching the screen? Are you flicking up and down or are you gliding/sliding you're finger?
    It doesn't appear as a problem for me,actually I like this effect. Webos is webos, doesn't have to do as other tablets do.
    shanpalm61 and GreatCaesar like this.
    Have you used Any other tablet? None of them do this (iOS, android, bb) How do you scroll without the screen shifting? I would assume most people hold it with 2 hands and use their thumb to scroll the page. The natural motion of your thumb has a curve, therefore causing the screen to shift horizontally and then bounce back.
    I have used other tablets and mobile devices. quite a bit actually. Despite that fact I didn't notice this issue on my Touchpad. Actually, the scrolling function seems to go exactly where i want it to. Maybe my thumb motion is straighter than most... I dunno.

edit: now you pointed it out see it, but only when looking for it. The browser snaps into place so quickly... I just dont see what the problem is. I mean, with each swipe, the browser shifts a few pixels, MAX. And I actually enjoy the responsiveness. To each his own I guess.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 07/02/2011 at 07:40 AM.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Webos browser has free scrolling, ipad doesn't. That's not a bug, just the expected behaviour of a free scroller with bouncing animations on scroll limits.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Newness Developments apps:

Returning a device because of this? Really, take a breath.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Newness Developments apps:

shanpalm61 and nemo like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast