1.    #1  
    Has anybody gotten a SB order? Post response and details.

Did those getting call/email about upgrade get it?

FYI
    Official HP CART prices are now lowered with the Amazon price to compare.

HP Touchstone Charging Dock

1 $79.99 $67.99 $66.66
    HP TouchPad Case

1 $49.99 $42.49 $34.72
    HP Touchpad Wireless Keyboard

1 $69.99 $59.49 $58.33
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    My order is still the same and nothing has shipped. About to call to cancel the order and buy one today @BB.

And the sb site still reflects the new prices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
  3.    #3  
    The site reflects the prices and if you check the actual cart when ordering, they say the price is reduced, they are as posted.

LINK:
    Make the most of it with accessories for HP TouchPad.

If you refer to the 'special' for 16GB orders, I think that was only for pre-orders and will not be reflected on the site.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    It is not uncommon for a company (not Amazon) to post their shipper tracking numbers en mass at the end of the business day, even though the packages have been picked up by the shipper. My guess is, full panic won't set in until 7:00 pm tonight that my Touchpad won't be delivered until Tuesday of next week. This will make my wife happy, as I'll be availabe for all sorts of yard work this weekend instead of incessent tinkering of my Touchpad.

I took a gamble and pre-ordered with HP in hopes that I'd get early, or 7/1 delivery of the Touchpad. I'll be disappointed if my reward for early commitment is delayed delivery.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just called them. Mine has a shipping label attached so I couldn't cancel it. After asking to speak to a supervisor, none were available. Mine is not coming today, so I'm gonna pick it up locally and refuse shipment. I knew this was going to happen, but still ordered it from Hp anyway. My own fault.
    Same here, no shipment email yet and my SB rep told me "no worries it would be shipped today". If I don't get it by tomorrow I am canceling my order and buying one at a store.
    Yeah, no go for my HP pre-order either (ordered on 6/20). Just sent an email to the HP rep requesting it to cancel the order, since it hasn't even shipped.
    its BS. We should have had our orders yesterday like the stores did. My rep said I would get it before the store. I will wait for mine cause my 32gb is for 499. I also bought one at BB YESTERDAY TO play with it then return it
    Just received an email from HP stating that my TouchPad will be shipped July 2nd, delivered July 3rd on Sunday? I know now not to do anymore business with HP SB, the reps are not truthfull, typical sales scum, tells you what they think you want to hear.

Will not be receiving my TouchPas until Tuesday, tried to cancel order but too late because technically it has been shipped.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 07/01/2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: update
  10.    #10  
    I would point out that the stock number for the HP SB TP seems different, UT instead of something I think, but I have no idea what that may mean. I too am disappointed but will accept the 32GB also. You know it is only 6pm EDT and there is always tomorrow.

support WebOs internals!
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    I would point out that the stock number for the HP SB TP seems different, UT instead of something I think, but I have no idea what that may mean. I too am disappointed but will accept the 32GB also. You know it is only 6pm EDT and there is always tomorrow.
    it is so that they can differentiate between TouchPads bought through them and others sold through 3rd party retailer. The TouchPads from HP CAN carry a certain warrenty that TouchPads sold elsewhere cannot.
    I just got an email from HP SB sales saying has been shipped today with tracking #. However, that tracking # does not pull up anything yet but with overnight shipping you usually get it prior to seeing anything from the website.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Well - I just got my "tracking information" for my Touchpad and was unable to find it on the FedEx web site. So - I called Fedex directly.

They found the shipment that was promised as a Saturday 7/2/2011 shipment by Amanda Waldron of HP Small and Medium Business Inside Sales. Now to be fair, Amanda did indeed get the HP computers to change their estimated delivery date from 7/5/2011 to 7/2/2011 so I had every reason to believe that I would receive the device on Saturday. However, having just got off the phone with Fedex - I find that HP shipped the product as 2nd business day after 3pm (7/6/2011).

As you can imagine - I am 100% ticked off. I have already told Fedex to return the package to the shipper and refused the order. I'm notifying Amanda that I am canceling all of my order and have already called my credit card company to ensure that it is well and truly canceled.

At the same time - I still want my Touchpad (HP silly business practices aside). So, I'm going on down to Best Buy and buying my hardware from them.

For the rest of you out there - call Fedex - they can find the package by your zipcode and shipping address. I leave the crying and nashing of teeth to you.
  14.    #14  
    Well, I too got the email about 5 EDT but was not able to do much but pull it up and see I was not getting it today. It says my order date is 6/30 when it was 6/19 but that maybe because of the upgrade to 32GB, thank you very much.

It also says the requested ship date as 6/30 and the quoted delivery date as 7/1 on the Status page with One Day Value Freight UPS NDS. But then on the popup it says Ship Date 7/1 with no delivery date.

But if I check the tracking number, it says by end of day for residential on the 5th and further reveals that it was placed into the system on the 1st at 8 pm from the US and originated from IN. at 9pm so, barring miracles, I must wait wait but I have done a lot of that so it is nice to know it is on its way. My rep steadfastly said it would not ship until today and I would not get it until Tuesday. So it has come to pass.

It is unfortunate that HP itself could not take better care of their direct purchasers, it would not have cost much to do Saturday delivery out of the profit from not a reseller who could absorb overnight. They could have found a way. Push a different button on the packing slip. But it is what it is. I am alive and the TP is coming. The TP is coming, The TP is coming. And I am still excited, maybe more-so listening to the very positive response from the people that understand TP and webOS.

support WebOs internals!
    I am happily posting this response from my new Touchpad that I just picked up at Best Buy. The folks at Best Buy still had stock and so here I am writing from within the new Precentral Touchpad app. I'm sad that I had to cancel my HP DIRECT order but I have learned my lesson and will look at getting my accessories from Amazon where I can trust their shipping promise.

The device rocks and the only thing I am kicking myself for is bothering with the mail order in the first place.
    Well - I just got another e-mail from HP DIRECT today indicating that my accessories have shipped - imagine that. More than that - my representative, Amanda Waldron, had already proactively called me to indicate that I was getting a 15% discount on those accessories. So - TouchPad delivered as promised didn't happen, but the accessories will be here on Tuesday.

I wanted to post this message so that everyone knows that the shipping oops seemed to be just that - an oops or bump in the road. I, like all of the people on this site, have been waiting for what seems to be a long time for my Touchpad and was quite angry when I found out that the Saturday commitment was not being met. But in all fairness, it seems to me that HP was trying to do right by us by ensuring that the entire package - Touchpad and accessories - arrived at the same time. Not what I wanted, but I understand the position.

Lesson learned - HP has their internal shipping policies and believing that anything can be done to change/accelerate those is foolish. I've corrected my expectations and am now returning to the extremely pleasurable task of playing with my new Touchpad