Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I went to Walmart this morning and to no avail(see attachments)

Went to Best Buy and I went into the mobile section and I saw the HP Veer. Good god the phone is so small. I've seen side by side pictures between the Pre and Veer but the Veer is so much smaller. It was really cool. No live demo just a sticker of the operating system on the screen.

Saw displays for the Xoom and Galaxy Tab(the iPad was in it's own area) and I asked a guy if they had the HP Touchpad. He awkwardly responded without even looking at me "Oh yeah we have them but they're not here yet" I was a little confused so I was just like "Oh...yeah I was interested in it" and he responded "Yeah sorry man" and walked away. So I just kind of walked out. I really wanted to play with one but whatever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 07/01/2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I'm a jerk
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    sounds like the guy is a dumb ****

really.. what an *****
    Your snarky attitude about the people in your area keeps me from caring about your 'hardship'.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Your snarky attitude about the people in your area keeps me from caring about your 'hardship'.
    I don't have the most pleasant time down here when finding someone to discuss technology with is what I was getting at.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I went to Walmart this morning and to no avail(see attachments)

Went to Best Buy and I went into the mobile section and I saw the HP Veer. Good god the phone is so small. I've seen side by side pictures between the Pre and Veer but the Veer is so much smaller. It was really cool. No live demo just a sticker of the operating system on the screen.

Saw displays for the Xoom and Galaxy Tab(the iPad was in it's own area) and I asked a guy if they had the HP Touchpad. He awkwardly responded without even looking at me "Oh yeah we have them but they're not here yet" I was a little confused so I was just like "Oh...yeah I was interested in it" and he responded "Yeah sorry man" and walked away. So I just kind of walked out. I really wanted to play with one but whatever.
    not sure what you wanted him to do. Sit and have a random conversation about you about "how you're interested?" There isn't much he can do to help you after he tell you they aren't in stock yet. Seems you were just looking for someone to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    i laughed
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    not sure what you wanted him to do. Sit and have a random conversation about you about "how you're interested?" There isn't much he can do to help you after he tell you they aren't in stock yet. Seems you were just looking for someone to talk to.

i laughed
    No I was confused because he said that they had them, but they weren't at the display and he spoke as if he wasn't going to sell me one(hence walking away)
    Why is everyone giving him crap? They had them, but just had them hid with no display! I completely hear him! Some of those people who are being snarky to Jakeeeee need to try living here, it sucks!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I asked them to please put them on display and had one pre-ordered, so they had to get my one! <mod delete> BestBuy and their hate towards webOS! Clueless people should bite their tongues!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/01/2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: language
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    No I was confused because he said that they had them, but they weren't at the display and he spoke as if he wasn't going to sell me one(hence walking away)
    i see. I see that you were confused. Still from what you said seemed pretty clear that they didn't have any. But you didn't ask him to clarify the statement. You didn't say, "I'm confused. Do you mean you carry them but they aren't in stock?" you just said. "yeah i'm interested." I'm sure he was like, "well good for you dude." Either way you didn't ask.
    BB told me they had them but weren't putting them out for a couple of weeks. I looked at the guy like he was nuts and said "Launch is today!", that's when he said oh, well let me check. No one should have to hold a sales persons hand to get you to spend $600!
    - Jeff
    popologuy likes this.
    BTW, Jakeeeee, it is awesome! But slow to charge when you can't leave it alone!
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    From what I can tell, this is a "soft release". Meaning that the TPads & accessories are still making their way to stores and will eventually get stocked. HP definitely didn't coordinate/plan this release like Apple does for all of theirs. I'm not judging, simply stating the obvious.

My local Walmart had the TPads this morning but only one accessory. The Best Buy only had the TPad demo but nothing else. The BB store associate wasn't sure when anything would arrive. The TPads there were displayed on a side counter with other items, there was no table out in the open or special display. Walmart had a better presentation than BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    From what I can tell, this is a "soft release".

You've got to be kidding. They had a launch party. People said same about the Veer. This is THE release. There won't be some bigger better one coming later.
    I went to BB this morning and all was good. The sales guy was quite helpful, he seemed like he liked the touchpad, but said he had an ASUS tablet and liked that. He told me they had 22 of the 16gb in stock and I told him I'd take one, then he said he'd go find out where they are. He did bring one back. He also said his manager had won one at training so he had that in store too and let my son and I play with it while he was off finding the one for me to buy.

Anyway, been busy so I still haven't opened it. Due to monetary guilt. I want it, but it may go back in the morning. I was teasing the hubby last night about how maybe I should take my sleeping bag and "get in line" for launch. He thought that was pretty funny. Not much fanfare and no trouble getting one. Maybe though I just lucked out since I live in Minneapolis and Best Buy headquarters are here.
    My BB/Walmart experience was decent, or at least what you'd expect from both places.

I was getting to bug and considering a midnight run to the local Walmart, good thing I stopped in earlier in the day to confirm stock, they had none. The only place in my town that had any was Best Buy. Anyway, the kid that I asked in Electronics said that the HP rep was just there earlier the day, but he didn't know anything about the TouchPads and ask the Wireless department in the front of the store. When I checked up there they didn't even know if they were supposed to be selling it.

Over to Best Buy after that. Like Walmart I told them that I understood that the tablet didn't go on sale til the 1st but was just checking if they were expecting to have any in stock. Sales guy ran around the corner to the cage and told me that they had plenty of both models. He even stuck around for a little "courtesy" chat about the tablet. I don't think that he was trying to sell anything, just asking the questions to make sure that I wasn't looking for "A" tablet instead of "that" tablet. His manager even joked that I should get there early so they didn't sell out (like I wasn't going to anyway, I needed something to play with at work before a holiday weekend).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i see. I see that you were confused. Still from what you said seemed pretty clear that they didn't have any. But you didn't ask him to clarify the statement. You didn't say, "I'm confused. Do you mean you carry them but they aren't in stock?" you just said. "yeah i'm interested." I'm sure he was like, "well good for you dude." Either way you didn't ask.
    I apologize I was unclear. I'm not very good at explaining myself :/. In my approach I was interested and he knew that there were 16 and 32 GB models, but he made no effort to sell them to me.

I called that same Best Buy later and I was on hold for 15 minutes while the lady tried to find out when it'd be up, and she told me a week at the earliest.
    Jakeeeee, are you looking for just a demo, or to buy? And which BB did you go to, the one by Target or the mall? Please dont say Harrison! Hell, I will meet you somewhere in Blythewood tomorrow morning if you want to play with a live unit.
    - Jeff
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Jakeeeee, are you looking for just a demo, or to buy? And which BB did you go to, the one by Target or the mall? Please dont say Harbison!
    Haha check your visitor messages :P
    You guys gotta take it easy on the BBY employees down your way.

They're still recovering from the Gamecocks World Series party!
    I see pandas.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    You guys gotta take it easy on the BBY employees down your way.

They're still recovering from the Gamecocks World Series party!
    Yeah there was a huge parade downtown. Too bad I'm going to Clemson :S
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast