Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Yeah there was a huge parade downtown. Too bad I'm going to Clemson :S
    Lol, that's cool too. We have family who live down in Florence and are SC fans. Their good friends are Clemson fans (who have a Tiger golf cart, that I jokingly said "wow, cool Auburn Tigers cart!" )
    I see pandas.
    Jake_M likes this.
    Today I went in to Best Buy to look at the Touchpad, it had it's own table from the rest of the tablets. I started to play around with it (it was awesome!) and I heard a Best Buy employee say that the touchpad over there is really great for business stuff, so I turned around and saw that he was trying to sell a touchpad to someone so I got out of his way immediately and let him try to sell it to him.

The best buy guy was trying really hard to sell one to him. I guess it was just nice to see someone trying to sell a Webos product instead of selling another Ipad.

Anyone else see someone trying to sell a touchpad instead of a Ipad or Tab 10.1?
    Price, that's just wrong! But funny!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Let's try to keep these retail experience reports in one place to make it easy for HP to see how they are doing.

<<threads merged>>
    During lunch today, I went to Best Buy, Office Depot, Sam's Club and Wal-Mart. None of them had any indication that the HP Touchpad was out. No display or anything.

Office Depot was in the process of setting up a new display area for tablets, and I spied a sheet of paper with an excel table type list of tablets, and the HP 16 and 32 were at the top... so that was at least some sign we may get some here soon.
    I just came back from my Best Buy (in College Station, TX). The TouchPad was next to some Android 3.1 tablet (not the Xoom or Galaxy Tab though...those were on a different little table). When I asked about it (I didn't actually know where to look at first), the BB employee pointed me right to it, and said, "If you're not looking for an iPad, then this tablet is definitely the one to get!"

The TouchPad was really smooth. I wasn't there for too long (only ~15 minutes, so perhaps more time might lead to unfortunate discoveries), but I was really impressed with it all.

It's going to be difficult trying to avoid going back there and buying it, but I really can't afford to splurge now.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I went to Best Buy this afternoon, and did not see an HP specific display and could not find the TouchPad. A salesperson asked if I wanted help and I asked if they had any TouchPads. They had one on display, next to two Android tablets. The salesperson asked why I would want to look at a TouchPad. He was not interested in trying to sell me.

The TouchPad's keyboard was very slow. You type a key and there was a distinct delay before the letter showed up on the screen. Youtube worked fine, but Hulu was choppy. Overall the device was sluggish and disappointing.
    Went to BB this afternoon. There was a table with 2 working TP, Veer and one BB employee. Employee was helpfull, at least knew how to restart TP when it crashed. Second TP was slow, but OK. Still, I will buy one only after OTA, still to piggy and slow.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    My Best Buy experience was fantastic. The employees were raving about how awesome the HP training was. I guess HP also had some event where they got to watch Transformers 3 and had raffle prizes of some sort. They were as excited as I am about the product. Also, they have a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee on tablets and computers. So if it doesn't work out for me, I can always take it back.
    Run, A. You won't return it! B. Nice to hear some where trained.
    - Jeff
    HK, this isn't slow and hasn't crashed once since 10 am. Only thing that sucks is I will have to sleep at some point! (32 GB version)
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Bought my TouchPad at a Best Buy in Brooklyn, NY this afternoon. When i got to the store the touchpad was on display on its own little island but there was absolutely no signage on the island. It was centrally located in the computer section but it was still hard to find at first glance amongst all the other islands of tablets since it was the only one that had no signs.

After finding it and playing with it for a couple minutes a rep approached me and asked if he could help me and I told him I wanted the 32 gig model. I followed him to his desk where he conferred with another rep. When they were done talking he said it would take a while as they hadn't been unpacked yet and were locked up in the back. The other rep then turns to me and says that while it is up to me as the consumer, I shouldn't buy the TouchPad. He then goes on to say it is too heavy, it is very buggy, the os is crap and that people have been returning them. He then told me I should buy an Ipad since they cost the same and it is much better. I told him me and an apple is never gonna happen and I'll just wait for the touchpad.

Nice sales pitch huh? I didn't feel like getting into it with him but that was all crap. It was 2pm on launch day and they have people returning them? If so many people had to return them they must have bought them first so how is it they were still not unpacked and locked up in the back. It took the other rep a good 10-15 minutes to get me mine so they must have been stored away pretty well.

Still got it and having some fun with it already.

PS -I also wanted the dock and the keyboard but they weren't available yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    HK, this isn't slow and hasn't crashed once since 10 am. Only thing that sucks is I will have to sleep at some point! (32 GB version)
    I am wondering if there build difference. I was able to crush one, but not the other. It just became slower. Did you try changing icons in Launcher?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Just returned from a visit to my local BB. They have 32gb in stock. The display was next to all the other pads, esp the ipad.
    TP felt certainly heavier than the ipad2.
    Played around with it and liked the WebOS and how it works so fluidly. Card views were awesome. Then went to the app store and was very sad seeing the pathetic offerings.
    Screen and sound seem awesome.
    Then went over to the ipad and with the help of my daughter to help navigate a clunky OS was able to find app store and Boy! there are apps out there for it. was looking for medical apps and there are a gazillion for it.
    I still prefer the WebOS. What am i gonna do? No body is supporting it from a medical standpoint. will they come??
    Have one ordered from Costco and am hoping I dont have to return it.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Just returned from a visit to my local BB. They have 32gb in stock. The display was next to all the other pads, esp the ipad.
    TP felt certainly heavier than the ipad2.
    Played around with it and liked the WebOS and how it works so fluidly. Card views were awesome. Then went to the app store and was very sad seeing the pathetic offerings.
    Screen and sound seem awesome.
    Then went over to the ipad and with the help of my daughter to help navigate a clunky OS was able to find app store and Boy! there are apps out there for it. was looking for medical apps and there are a gazillion for it.
    I still prefer the WebOS. What am i gonna do? No body is supporting it from a medical standpoint. will they come??
    Have one ordered from Costco and am hoping I dont have to return it.
    Actually that's wrong. Lexicomp juts announced that they're coming to the Touchpad.

June News & Notes - Enhanced Apps to Improve Patient Care and Safety

Lexicomp apps soon to be released for the TouchPad

When HP releases their new TouchPad tablet, Lexicomp's drug monograph and interaction databases will be available from day one. We've been working with HP to ensure that our apps will be up and running as soon as the new tablets are available. And as more HP WebOS devices are released later this year, our products will work just as well on those! If you're looking to get HP's new TouchPad, then make Lexicomp the first app you download.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Do you mean moving icons, or going deeper and actually changing one?
    - Jeff
    zbrok, this is crazy. Really why the hate? Is this So far advanced that people can't conceive of it being better than Apple? Is there someone paying them to not sell webOS? Not trying to be a conspirasist but wow, this just blows my mind!!!
    - Jeff
    Went to walmart a hour ago. Found the ultimate tech junkie/anti iPad employee lol.

Their Touchpad wasn't up because he said it kept rebooting. But he said I'll go get it out from the back for you. He kept trying to get it to boot up for me but it was taking forever to charge.

Sadly they had zero touchpads for sale and said he wouldn't get any for a week or two. This is a large store in salt lake city too.

Was good to talk to someone not apple bias and willing to help out.
    best buy on shelbyville rd

I walked in kind let down to hear about all the negative feed back on this forum. in the computer section front and center was a U shaped area that was brightly lite with touchpads all around it,two per section. there was even a hp rep there to assist in sales and interacting with the customer. the experience was great and i could not find much wrong with the pad minus no rear facing camera and no camera app. the weight is ok but does seem a little heavy. non the less they was all connected to the internet and i could not find a hiccup one.
    Similar problem, went to BB early this afternoon and all was good. The sales guy was kind of helpful, but seemed like he didn't really care too much ($7/hour service and support). Asked him if they had and 32gb in stock for sale and he said we'll check, took the barcode slip over the the register, and surprising came back with some sarcasm that they were out of 32gb units with them "Flying off the shelf."

I kinda smiled and said will "now you have sold one."

Display wise, the Touchpad was mounted backwards from the center isle. Instead of it being in the line of traffic in Gainesville, FL they mounted it on the backside of the display and they only have one demo unit. The iPad and Galaxy Tab both get same floor space and position facing the center isle and the TouchPad take an effort to check things out on the other side.

I think my Best Buy in Gainesville, FL doesn't much like HP, the TouchPad, or the Veer since I've referenced in previous forum threads problems there as well. Wish I knew someone at HP who could make a stop and find out what my store is and isn't doing. Sorli...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast