Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm at work right now, and this is what I had to do to get my TouchPad to connect to our wireless. I did this on my Pre2 also and it worked. I only have a Mac, so I'm not sure how to do it on PC. I think the issue stems from WebOS not knowing how to get the cert from the server when it tries to connect so you have to do it manually.

    1. Login to the 802.1X wireless on your Mac, enter your credentials and accept the automatically generated cert.
    2. Once your connected on your mac open Keychain Access and find eap.auto.configed.certificate and select it.
    3. Go to File->Export Items in menu bar and save the file as a .cer file
    4. Email the file to yourself.
    5. Download the cert file by clicking it in your email. It will launch the certificate app and install it.
    6. Connect to the wireless with your credentials on the TouchPad.

    This worked for me, your milage may vary.
    satterwc likes this.
  2. #2  
    I've been given all the certificates for our private wifi network and installed them on my Touchpad however I still cannot connect; I just don't think the Enterprise WiFi option supports EAP-PEAP or MSCHAP v2
    tsolyankee likes this.
  3. #3  
    Thanks! I had trouble getting on the wireless at my college, turns out I just needed to get the certs from my laptop. For those looking at how to get the certs from a PC this microsoft link helped me Import or export certificates and private keys
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    Thanks! I had trouble getting on the wireless at my college, turns out I just needed to get the certs from my laptop. For those looking at how to get the certs from a PC this microsoft link helped me Import or export certificates and private keys
    I looked at the certificate folder in my PC and there are so many certificates. How do you know which one to pick? I could not find one that resembles my company's name.
  5. #5  
    if you don't mind having to reenter your credentials for things you could delete all the certs, then log back into your network. That way the only certs there will be the ones you need.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I'm at work right now, and this is what I had to do to get my TouchPad to connect to our wireless. I did this on my Pre2 also and it worked. I only have a Mac, so I'm not sure how to do it on PC. I think the issue stems from WebOS not knowing how to get the cert from the server when it tries to connect so you have to do it manually.

    1. Login to the 802.1X wireless on your Mac, enter your credentials and accept the automatically generated cert.
    2. Once your connected on your mac open Keychain Access and find eap.auto.configed.certificate and select it.
    3. Go to File->Export Items in menu bar and save the file as a .cer file
    4. Email the file to yourself.
    5. Download the cert file by clicking it in your email. It will launch the certificate app and install it.
    6. Connect to the wireless with your credentials on the TouchPad.

    This worked for me, your milage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    Thanks! I had trouble getting on the wireless at my college, turns out I just needed to get the certs from my laptop. For those looking at how to get the certs from a PC this microsoft link helped me Import or export certificates and private keys
    These worked for me thanks.
  7. #7  
    Got all the certs. Still unable to connect =(
  8. #8  
    What do you do with the certs?

    I have them, and put them on my TouchPad. What do I need to do with them exactly to connect to my campus wifi?

    EDIT: Nevermind. I got it to trust the certificate. I just put it on my TP, opened it through Internalz Pro (from Preware)
    Last edited by refinery; 09/04/2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: EDIT: Nevermind. I got it to trust the certificate. I just put it on my TP, opened it through Internalz Pro (from Preware).
  9. #9  
    I managed to put the certificate on my touchpad via usb and then installed it, but I still can't even detect my university's wifi! Any ideas?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I'm at work right now, and this is what I had to do to get my TouchPad to connect to our wireless. I did this on my Pre2 also and it worked. I only have a Mac, so I'm not sure how to do it on PC. I think the issue stems from WebOS not knowing how to get the cert from the server when it tries to connect so you have to do it manually.

    ......

    This worked for me, your milage may vary.
    I can confirm that this _doesn't_ work with the eduroam network at my university which has
    a PEAP/MSCHAPv2 setup. Installing the certificates required still doesn't allow a connection with either a Pre3 or a TouchPad.

    A lot of folk seem to have the same problem, e.g.

    forums.hpwebos.com/t5/HP-TouchPad-Software-Hardware/ISSUE-Wifi-and-Enterprise-Networks-No-PEAP-MSCHAPv2-amp-PEAP-GTC/td-p/353706/page/2
    Last edited by professordes; 09/05/2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: More info
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    I can confirm that this _doesn't_ work with the eduroam network at my university which has
    a PEAP/MSCHAPv2 setup. Installing the certificates required still doesn't allow a connection with either a Pre3 or a TouchPad.

    A lot of folk seem to have the same problem, e.g.

    forums.hpwebos.com/t5/HP-TouchPad-Software-Hardware/ISSUE-Wifi-and-Enterprise-Networks-No-PEAP-MSCHAPv2-amp-PEAP-GTC/td-p/353706/page/2
    By any chance are you at Loughborough? I did manage to get it to work by installing the certificate after transferring via USB mode. Doesn't find it in my halls though...maybe router issue there.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zybor View Post
    By any chance are you at Loughborough? I did manage to get it to work by installing the certificate after transferring via USB mode. Doesn't find it in my halls though...maybe router issue there.
    Nope - Heriot-Watt in Edinburgh

    I can get the Linux layer to connect quite happily on a Pre3 using the stuff at

    Advanced Wifi - WebOS Internals

    but I am struggling to get the shiny webOS on top to realize it is connected....
    Last edited by professordes; 09/05/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: too much information
  13. davegarbs's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #13  
    Execute the script immediately after pressing the login button in the GUI. Doing so should trick Luna into thinking the login worked and you'll be connected.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    Execute the script immediately after pressing the login button in the GUI. Doing so should trick Luna into thinking the login worked and you'll be connected.
    Can someone make a step-by-step for noobs on how to do this?
  15. #15  
    Was able to config the cert on my MPB and transfer to touchpad via USB / internalz Pro but stll just hangs out on connecting to wifi network :\ Anyone else have luck / a step by step on how to get this going?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    2. Once your connected on your mac open Keychain Access and find eap.auto.configed.certificate and select it.
    I am clearly being incredibly dim, as I can't find this certificate.

    Is there a trick here? I have nothing in "My Certificates", and searching elsewhere in Keychain Access yields nothing like this (in fact yields nothing with a domain-like presentation like that - everything seems to be in plain English).
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    Execute the script immediately after pressing the login button in the GUI. Doing so should trick Luna into thinking the login worked and you'll be connected.
    I only have about a one in ten success rate doing this via novaterm on a Pre3 and
    zero success with flipping to an xterm, maybe I am particularly slow or the setup here is a bit finicky... I have a TouchPad which I haven't been able to try yet, I'll see if that fares any better.

    I'm not sure the script is working correctly in any case as
    a) I have to run it twice, first run gives a "RECONFIGURE timed out" error, second an OK
    b) I have to run "dhclient eth0" by hand after the wpa associates to get an IP address.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    I only have about a one in ten success rate doing this via novaterm on a Pre3 and
    zero success with flipping to an xterm, maybe I am particularly slow or the setup here is a bit finicky... I have a TouchPad which I haven't been able to try yet, I'll see if that fares any better.

    I'm not sure the script is working correctly in any case as
    a) I have to run it twice, first run gives a "RECONFIGURE timed out" error, second an OK
    b) I have to run "dhclient eth0" by hand after the wpa associates to get an IP address.
    The Pre3 is certainly in a strange state after this, the wifi has three dots (connecting?) and _some_ apps, browser, LinkedIn... think they are connected whereas others, Engadget, Facebook.. think they are not. I've switched off the 3G data so the data is definitely arriving via wifi.
  19. #19  
    Here at Texas A&M we've been experiencing the same issues with our PEAP/MSCHAPv2 setup for close to a year.

    Around Christmas last year CIS, which manages all campus network systems, performed an upgrade that rendered all of our Pre- phones unable to connect to wifi. This even included the head of CIS who has a Pre as well. Ironic.

    We've been trying to figure out what the issue is here in the Division of Research and I've been working with the instructions on the webOS Internals website. Mostly to no avail. I've run into the RECONFIGURE timeout issue.

    If you do an ldd on the wpa_supplicant binary you'll see that HP has linked it to a number of libraries that are specific to webOS. Probably to allow it to signal its current state to the GUI and other OS components.

    On a whim I tried to install an arm binary wpa_supplicant from Debian and after getting all the dependencies in place I was able to get it working. I was able to immediately connect to our wifi network without issue and manually pull an ip. However webOS really didn't see that it was connected. Probably relating to all the other dependencies that were linked in by HP not being in the stock Debian binary.

    What this tells me is that HP has broken the wpa_supplicant binary in some way, they probably didn't even realize they had. So they will now have to recompile a working wpa_supplicant and distribute it (I don't see the patches to wpa_supplicant on their Open Source distro page for 3.0.2).

    I hear from people in CIS here that they have contacted HP and a fix is in the works. So perhaps the end to our nightmare with all of this is finally at an end.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aginresearch View Post
    Here at Texas A&M we've been experiencing the same issues with our PEAP/MSCHAPv2 setup for close to a year.

    ......................

    I hear from people in CIS here that they have contacted HP and a fix is in the works. So perhaps the end to our nightmare with all of this is finally at an end.
    That is very good news

    I can get a semi-connection with the webOS internals advanced wifi method some of the time, bizarrely some apps think they are connected and some don't when it does click and the wifi indicator is stuck on connecting.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions