Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    awesome news! thanks for the heads-up guys! My university's WI-FI now works after the 3.0.4 update.
    Same here. Now if only they can make it possible to connect to adhoc wifi...then the TP can be tethered and used everywhere with my phone's 3G.
    I am still having no success logging into my university's wifi system.

It uses a captive portal. So I can connect to the wifi, and then I can also get to the login page for the university. I can enter my credentials and click submit, but the page loads, and nothing happens.
    If I enter a wrong username or password, then the page comes back with the message, "incorrect username/password." So there is some communication going on between the server and the touchpad, but for some reason, the touchpad cannot go pas the authentication page.

Any ideas?

I read on one of the hpwebos forums that it might be a problem with http redirect commands. Is there a potentially simple fix to this?

Slingster, I intially set up my touchpad on my dad's phone's wifi network. So it can be done.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Still no go here unfortunately

We must be using some particularly obnoxious setup. WPA Enterprise (not even WPA2) using 802.1x/EAP(PEAP) without certificates. As far as I can see it _should_ be supported but connection fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudramakesmovie View Post
    Hi everyone,

I updated to the 3.0.4 update yesterday on my TouchPad and I can confirm that the enterprise support is much more robust and explicit - there are pull downs for mschapv2 and ttls and a few other configurations.

I am very happy that the WebOS team rolled this out - this is a HUGE thing for me to be able to use this at my work. I love my touchpad and not being able to work at, y'know, work really sucked.

enjoy!
    I can connect to my universities wifi now which uses peap and mschapv2!
    I don't think the Berkeley setup uses any sort of enterprise authentication. The network itself is open, there is a problem with the captive portal after connecting.

So it seems like a different issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aznfold View Post
    I don't think the Berkeley setup uses any sort of enterprise authentication. The network itself is open, there is a problem with the captive portal after connecting.

So it seems like a different issue.
    Hey fellow Cal student! I noticed my touchpad will also still not connect to AirBears even after the update. I found this thread from another forum: did anyone buy the $99 HP touchpad? - College Confidential and the last entry mentions a bypass, which I tried today but it didn't work for me. Have you had any further success with this issue?
    Hey everyone!

Was wondering if anyone has the same problem I have with Wifi.

I can logg into my university's network as well as eduroam by changing the wifi settings to PEAP and unclicking the server-certificate-option.

But apparently my TP doesn't remember those settings... When i turn off or want to reconnect, it tries to establish the connection with the default settings and fails. So I manuallly have to change the settings and enter my username/pw every time I want to logg into the network at uni, which is quite annoying...

Is there a wa to get the TP to remember the settings for those networks?

Thanks for your help :-)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilvia View Post

Is there a way to get the TP to remember the settings for those networks?
    Same problem here. It should be trivial for the TP to remember these settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    It should be trivial for the TP to remember these settings.

Exactly what I thought.... Still haven't found a solution though =(
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilvia View Post
    Exactly what I thought.... Still haven't found a solution though =(
    I updated to 3.0.5 this weekend. I am going to test it at my university on Monday and will report back.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    3.0.5 changed nothing for me. The TP still does not remember the connection's credentials while my Nokia X7 has not problem after I set it up manually!!

Any suggestions?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123