Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I didn't have to do any of this to connect. I went to WiFi preferences and used my username and password to connect without any issues.

College network is 802.1x EAP TTLS
    Yup - the problem appears to be specifically with PEAP-MSCHAPv2 configured networks
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yea, that's what we use at work.

I did as this says, and I now do not get the certificate error but I get a 'Association failed' Unable to connect try again.

Any ideas? Any way to get more logs/information on what that means?

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by professordes View Post
    Yup - the problem appears to be specifically with PEAP-MSCHAPv2 configured networks
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem here at our corporate network. PEAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication; using MS IAS on Cisco AP's. Self signed cert - was able to transfer it to the touchpad, install it but it still will not work; same error message "Server Certificate Required" | "You need a security certificate to join this network".

Quite annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkboca View Post
    Yea, that's what we use at work.

I did as this says, and I now do not get the certificate error but I get a 'Association failed' Unable to connect try again.

Any ideas? Any way to get more logs/information on what that means?

Thanks,

Jeff
    There's a known issue with the touchpad's wpa_supplicant when trying to handshake with certain networks. I had a problem where I could connect to my work's wifi (PEAP-MSCHAPv2) just once after installing the cert, and it failed to associate every single time after that.

I managed to fix it and posted a solution here
    Last edited by lnbot; 09/20/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: PEAP-MSCHAPv2
    Are there any 'patches' that fix this, rather then using the OPs way?
    Quote Originally Posted by lnbot View Post
    There's a known issue with the touchpad's wpa_supplicant when trying to handshake with certain networks. I had a problem where I could connect to my work's wifi (PEAP-MSCHAPv2) just once after installing the cert, and it failed to associate every single time after that.

I managed to fix it and posted a solution here
    I managed to get Inbots solution working and posted in his thread how I did it.
    It didn't take to long not knowing any commands or how to use a hex editor for 20 years.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    OP's method works on the Swansea University Eduroam. I also used this guide: [SOLVED] touchpad 802.11X enterprise+certificate wifi connectivity - xda-developers

Thanks!
    I used that method, imported my certificates, and successfully connected to my university net, but after I restarted the touchpad it will no longer connect. The certificates are still there, but now it won't accept my password. Network is WPA2-Enterprise AES, network authentication type is SecureW2: SecureW2 EAP-TLS
    Quote Originally Posted by crusse View Post
    I used that method, imported my certificates, and successfully connected to my university net, but after I restarted the touchpad it will no longer connect. The certificates are still there, but now it won't accept my password. Network is WPA2-Enterprise AES, network authentication type is SecureW2: SecureW2 EAP-TLS
    hey, I my university uses secureW2 and I have a PC, do you know how and which certificates to get?

My university configuration:
    EAP method: TTLS
    Phase 2 authentication: PAP
    CA certificate: Leave on N/A
    Client certificate: Leave on N/A
    Private key password: Access Account Password
    Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Anonymous Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Wireless password: Access Account Password.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman43 View Post
    hey, I my university uses secureW2 and I have a PC, do you know how and which certificates to get?

My university configuration:
    EAP method: TTLS
    Phase 2 authentication: PAP
    CA certificate: Leave on N/A
    Client certificate: Leave on N/A
    Private key password: Access Account Password
    Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Anonymous Identity: Access Account ID (Ex. abc123)
    Wireless password: Access Account Password.
    I followed the steps here [SOLVED] touchpad 802.11X enterprise+certificate wifi connectivity - xda-developers. The certificates I copied were UTN-USERFirst-Hardware and AddTrust External CA Root, which were both in the folder for Third Party Root Certification Authorities on the windows cert manager. No idea if those work for all SecureW2 or not
    I followed the steps here [SOLVED] touchpad 802.11X enterprise+certificate wifi connectivity - xda-developers. The certificates I copied were UTN-USERFirst-Hardware and AddTrust External CA Root, which were both in the folder for Third Party Root Certification Authorities on the windows cert manager. No idea if those work for all SecureW2 or not
    Just exported every single certificate on my windows 7 (about 90 certificates one by one MANUALLY) and installed them on the stupid touchpad manually one by one. Then I try to connect and it asks me for user name and password and I entered my info and got an error connecting of coarse.
    Sorry can't help more. Did you get the log-in before you added the certs? Before I added them it wouldn't even connect and get me to that point....so maybe you are making progress?
    Sorry can't help more. Did you get the log-in before you added the certs? Before I added them it wouldn't even connect and get me to that point....so maybe you are making progress?
    Its fine, waiting for a patch or app to fix this and if all fails > android. How could they leave out all the wifi settings.
    how exactly can you tell if your system is a "peap"? i attend uc berkeley and there have been many reports of people with touchpads unable to connect to wifi (including myself). here is more info about our wireless program: AirBears | UC Berkeley IST ironic since we are using hp tech. any help would be appreciated.
    I'd like to bump this.

I also attend UCB, and not being able to connect to the wifi is annoying to say the least. I've sent an email to the techies, and am awaiting a reply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenarch View Post
    how exactly can you tell if your system is a "peap"? i attend uc berkeley and there have been many reports of people with touchpads unable to connect to wifi (including myself). here is more info about our wireless program: AirBears | UC Berkeley IST ironic since we are using hp tech. any help would be appreciated.
    You can do this now in 3.0.4, and you can choose to bypass server certificate verification too if you don't want to install CA cert from IT.
    The 3.04 update appears to fix problems with PEAP-MSCHAPv2 (specifically connecting to eduroam) on my TouchPad .

The enterprise wifi settings have been tweaked. There are options to ignore certificate verification and to choose protocols. Choosing PEAP and ignoring certificates got me connected after a few attempts.
    Last edited by professordes; 10/20/2011 at 09:47 AM.
    Where are all these wifi options?
    Hi everyone,

I updated to the 3.0.4 update yesterday on my TouchPad and I can confirm that the enterprise support is much more robust and explicit - there are pull downs for mschapv2 and ttls and a few other configurations.

I am very happy that the WebOS team rolled this out - this is a HUGE thing for me to be able to use this at my work. I love my touchpad and not being able to work at, y'know, work really sucked.

enjoy!
    --
    Rudra
    follow me on twitter - twitter.com/rudra_banerji
    Agreed, this is great, 3.0.4 started working on my work wifi network (after unchecking the option to "Verify server certificate" )
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast