Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

Now that you all (hopefully) have a HP TouchPad. Let's keep track of bugs and issues we are seeing. I have used the info from the Veer bug list that berdinkerdickle created (with some minor updates).

Tips for recording a great bug

1. Identify
    Proper identification of a bug is the most important thing when it comes to reporting a bug. If something happens only once is it really a bug? It’s also important to be able to know the different between expected behavior and unexpected behavior, sometimes things we perceive are bugs are not bugs at all, however when it doubt assume it’s a bug.
    2. Isolate
    Take all other factors out of the equation. Although preware is likely not the issue, it’s best to ensure a bug continues to appear with no software that could interfere
    3. Describe
    Others rely on what you say is a bug to attempt to replicate, and verify that it is a bug. Be descriptive, make sure you list enough information for someone else to come behind you and know exactly what you are talking about.
    4. Replicate
    So you found a bug and you have isolated, now it’s time to replicate. It’s important to replicate the bug so you can document exact steps it takes to reproduce the bug. This is key for further testing.
    5. Verify
    Once you have replicated that is a bug verify, post it in the forums and let others attempt to make sure they see what you see, as others post bugs you can do the same.

Other key tips when filing your bug

1. Make your bug the first thing people see. The first line of your post should be the bug you have experienced.
    2. Don’t write a wall of text. If there is a giant wall of text most people are just going to pass it by. Bullet list if possible.
    3. Make sense and use proper grammar. That’s not to say that we should all be 100 percent perfect English, but someone coming behind you shouldn’t have a hard time reading what you wrote.
    4. Document, document, document. While avoiding number 2 you want to document as much information as you can
    5. Include a screen shot if possible.

Questions to answer

The following questions are questions you can easily answer that are going to help discern as much as possible what the bug is.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    2. Do you receive any error messages?
    3. What are the expected results?
    4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    8. When did the symptom first appear?
    9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    . Manufacturer :
    a. Model Number:
    b. Version / Revision:
    c. Year:
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

***Further communication with HP would likely be through the private message feature in Precentral unless otherwise noted.
    Last edited by concept2; 07/01/2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: update
    fwinst, kkhanmd and Stevesrjr86 like this.
    I can't add my yahoo mail to email for some reason or another.

I can get to add the account, click sign in, it'll sign in, the account will appear under the default gmail account for a second, then disappear.

I attempted 3 times, did a restart and got the same effect.

HP can contact me
    Last edited by l8whalefr8; 07/01/2011 at 11:16 AM.
    WarHorn79 likes this.
    Good idea. I'll sticky this thread and ask that members abide by these rules in this thread:

Please Note:

This thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

We're going to keep it clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to confirmed bugs.

Keep your replies to either confirm a posted 'bug' by another member, or to list a possible new bug.

Please follow the criteria laid out in post #1 in both confirmations and posting of possible new bugs.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

P|C Staff,
    bevcraw (blatant ripoff from berd)
    My TP will not call voicemail. It doesnt know the number LOL. Also, how do we do screenshots?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    My TP will not call voicemail. It doesnt know the number LOL. Also, how do we do screenshots?
    Hold down the minimze card button and press the power/standby button.
    when adding a Skype account you cant hit the enter key after typing the password to move forward, you have to tap the sign in button to move forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Hold down the minimze card button and press the power/standby button.
    Sweeeet thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by l8whalefr8 View Post

I can get to add the account, click sign in, it'll sign in, the account will appear under the default gmail account for a second, then disappear.

HP can contact me
    I am also having this problem, but after seeing this post, I remember back to how everyone had trouble setting up yahoo mail on other webOS phones, so it may just be the same issue.

Edit:
    The way to fix this on the webOS phones was to:
    Go to Email app
    Go to "Preferences & Accounts"
    Click "Add Account"
    Click "Email Account"
    Click "Manual Setup"
    Change the settings to:

Incoming Mail Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Enter username and password
    Change encryption to SSL
    Change port # to 993

Outgoing Mail Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Click "On" for "Use Authentication"
    Type username and password again
    Change encryption to SSL
    Change port # to 465

However, if I recall, the other problem was that there's a bug with yahoo imap and wifi, so it won't sync over wifi. So for now, it looks like we're out of luck until this is fixed.
    Last edited by bhughes719; 07/01/2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: More info

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Cards that are minimized seem to still play sounds. For example I opened up Angry Birds and then minimized it and opened another app and the AB theme music was still playing.

I haven't tried to replicate this with a native TouchPad app yet though so I don't know if it just does it with the old apps or everything.
    Webos2/Mojo apps always launch in portrait mode, even when you are in landscape mode.

Not sure why they do this - the simulator only takes up part of the screen, right? So it should work in both landscape and portrait.

Or I'm missing something...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by l8whalefr8 View Post

HP can contact me
    Are you adding Yahoo through the email account or are you using the Accounts application and have you tried using the other (e.g. using email account, try using Accounts app).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Are you adding Yahoo through the email account or are you using the Accounts application and have you tried using the other (e.g. using email account, try using Accounts app).
    Ive tried through both with no luck either time.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    I can not get SMS to work with the PrPrPr&#$275$;-, $the$ $phone$ $portion$ $works$ $fine$. $Pairing$ $shows$ $an$ $exclamation$ $mark$. $I$ $tap$ $it$ $and$ $it$ $says$ $I$ $can$ $view$ $the$ $error$, $but$ $nothing$ $happens$ $when$ $I$ $try$. $Pr$&#$275$; $is$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$, $wondering$ $if$ $I$ $should$ $metadoctor$ $to$ $2$.$1$.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    my tp screen totally got washed out randomly. was using facebook and then the colors changed. not sure what happened but super frustrating. on the ph with hp now but i am considering exchanging it. everything has almost a yellow tint to it. driving me insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I can not get SMS to work with the PrPrPr&#$275$;-, $the$ $phone$ $portion$ $works$ $fine$. $Pairing$ $shows$ $an$ $exclamation$ $mark$. $I$ $tap$ $it$ $and$ $it$ $says$ $I$ $can$ $view$ $the$ $error$, $but$ $nothing$ $happens$ $when$ $I$ $try$. $Pr$&#$275$; $is$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$, $wondering$ $if$ $I$ $should$ $metadoctor$ $to$ $2$.$1$.
    im having the same issue with the veer. Ii can see my sms but I cannot reply to them. The voice portion works fine
    SMS sync does not work between 2.1.0 and the TP.

When attemptingnto open a link from Spaz HD, if web is not open the web cardis added to the stack. If web is already open not only is the card not stacked with Spaz, it also is in its own new stack beside the extant web card.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

Make sure you file them there so they actually are tracked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Anthony, you can actually see the SMS messages come in? Or do you only see them in the conversation view (which, for me, always says "Your conversation list is empty" at the top even though I have a ton of stuff there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Currently messaging with a phone and TouchPad is not supported on any devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Browser/keyboard issue:
    In the forums, if you try to use the Search This Thread dropdown, when the keyboard opens, the dropdown search field disappears before you can type anything.
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast