Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    BUG: pdf files sometimes cannot be downloaded from the web browser.

I believe this bug occurs for pdfs that are on a page behind a login wall. I've been able to download pdfs fine except for one site, where I have to log in in order to download the pdf. Can others please test and confirm?
    One thing I have asked for that no one has been able to confirm for me is if one of these pdf's that don't work from a site that requires a login is then moved to another site that doesn't require a login does it download fine then?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    I am having an issue where when I try to make bluetooth calls or skype calls the audio just dies and the speakers or headphones just make popping sounds every few seconds.... Any one else seeing this issue?

the only way to fix the popping sound it is by turning off and on the beats audio setting...

I have tried just turning off the beats audio setting and that does not resolve the issue. I think it could be a bug related to the app itself and not the hardware since I do not have any issues with the music app.
    ditto. Audio works fine otherwise.

also, my TP believes that it does not have an internet connection while using a public wifi hotspot. I am connected and writing this, however, whenever I tap on a hyperlink, I get a notification stating that I have no internet. By the time I tap it away, the page has loaded, so I know I am actually connected.
    ditto issue regarding blank emails, though if I wait for a while, say deleting spam etc, the email text loads. Possibly a slowness in acquiring email contents from ms exchange. ... I use a msn/ hotmail address.
    Last edited by aegora; 07/06/2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    how are you using skype? I donīt find the app in the store, is that available in the us only?
    skype is built in for the phone/ videocall app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    Thanks for the tip. My pad was hopelessly frozen. All I could do is pull up the launcher, but nothing would launch. Couldn't even shut it down the proper way.

Glad I came here.
    "The Dude Abides"
    Quote Originally Posted by aegora View Post
    ditto issue regarding blank emails, though if I wait for a while, say deleting spam etc, the email text loads. Possibly a slowness in acquiring email contents from ms exchange. ... I use a msn/ hotmail address.
    I just got this bug for the first time today. I closed the email client, did some other stuff for about 5 minutes, relaunched it and could see the email text. This was with both POP and Gmail accounts.
    Concept2, thanks for the thread. Are you a QA person IRL? I wish the bug/feature notices I got were as well-organized as your template for reporting. =)

However, because of the way this forum software works, I don't think this is the best method of recording bugs. Organizing into a single thread appeals to the IT person in me (keeping everything in one place), but as far as searching for an individual issue, or using the thread-matching feature that looks for similar topics when you enter a new thread, this is a hard way to look for answers.

I've been entering a few issues as individual threads. I was getting set to enter a bug about emails not displaying, but the thread-matcher quickly found 5 threads on the topic, none of which were this one (though when I went through all 9 pages, I found that issue had been brought up here).

This might be more efficient for any HP folks monitoring the boards, but for Joe User, I tend to think a separate thread for each issue (even if it means some dupes) is the better way to go.

Just my 2c.

(and still loving my Touchpad! Yes, it's a first-gen gadget, and there are hiccups, but if I had some sort of remote-desktop solution, I could really see using it over a laptop or desktop).
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Gmail has stopped syncing today. It was working fine since I picked up the TouchPad on 7/1. I have it configured to sync as new email arrives. My Exchange email syncs fine. Reboots do not help.

Clicking on the top left email menu/about this folder sub menu within the email app while Google inbox is selected states "Updated 5:46 PM", yet the last email displayed is time stamped at 9:57am, and I have received multiple emails after that time.

I don't know how to get this "unstuck". I seem to recall the very same issue hitting the Palm Pre way back as a result of one of the many OTA updates. I think there was one email that was causing the issue, and once deleted it started syncing again. I am going to try deleting one email at a time to see if that clears it up.

Update: that did not help, so moving to plan B (remove Gmail from accounts, and add back in)

Update2: problem got worse. No emails appear at all now. It did, however, fix a problem I was having with not all google contacts syncing. This is like the wack-a-mole game.

Update3: If this does not start working again I will have no choice but to visit the WebOS doctor. If anyone at HP is monitoring this thread and can confirm there is a known issue it would be appreciated.

Update4: So I packed up at work and headed home, all the while traveling underground (no WiFi in the NYC Subway). I get home, power up the TouchPad, connect to my home WiFi network and KAPOW, Google email is working again with latest emails all synced up. What the heck is going on?
    Last edited by rlopin; 07/06/2011 at 07:40 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Certificate Manager - header obscures text.

Can't seem to upload image from TP browser.

[attached image from my desktop]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lordbah; 07/06/2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    One thing I have asked for that no one has been able to confirm for me is if one of these pdf's that don't work from a site that requires a login is then moved to another site that doesn't require a login does it download fine then?
    yes that's correct. I just did a test. The same file will not download if it's behind a login screen.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Can't login to the American Century web site. After entering password nothing happens.
    Well I have only had my TP for 2 days and already called HP Tech Support, the videos are "jittery" and we have tried everything. MLB.com is really bad, but if I use Youtube app the videos there seem fine.
    The folder has to contain something when you delete it for it to disappear.

1. Recreate the folder
    2. Add a file back to the folder
    3. Delete the folder via USB mode
    4. Check to see if the folder still shows up.
    I had 3 folders affected by this bug. 1 was created when I took a screen capture, one when I opened a photo using box.net, and the other, when I downloaded a file from email. I was only able to remove the folder created when I took the screenshot.

any other suggestions?
    my problem wasnt with the pdf per se, but with downloading them (or word or powerpoint).

oddly enough the site had sample files to test browser compatibility that downloaded fine... But the actual files I wanted would hang when I tried to download them.

the download pane opens showing the file with an icon for it and a button that says download. If you tap the download button a status bar flashes for a split instant, and the download button comes back. The icon next to the file for pdf or word or whatever also changes to a gray square with a down arrow in it. yi can repeat as many times as I want with no change (and restarting doesnt help...tech chat made me do it three times now)

kind of sucks, I have had a couple other link on that site (strayer.edu) that dont work on here. The only site that I HAVE to use :-(

had no problems getting them with laptop
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    bug. I can't run angry birds and 4 other apps at the same time.

ok so I have the internet, email, FB, pandora and angry birds running and angry birds flings itself into closed. It doesnt matter what order I open them in. If I am playing AB still closes. If I have it suspended in card form and open something else its always AB that closes.

update... With only pandora and AB's after 10 minutes of playing... Closed
    Last edited by miyanc; 07/06/2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Ok this is bothering me enough to post something here. Love the tablet but:

The volume for music/videos/anything is really horrible. It is VERY VERY low. I can put on headphones at full volume and still be able to hear people whisper. I'm not kidding. I don't know if this can be fixed with software update, or if its just a hardware thing, but it's sad that my Pre 2 is much louder (about 2X louder) than my Tablet. Here is a thread I made with a video that proves it:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...me-anyone.html

Hope it can be fixed with software... Beats audio sounds good, but it defeats the purpose if all the surrounding noises drown out the music. And it also defeats the purpose that I need to turn up my speakers so loud that I can hear the white noise coming from the speakers in order to hear my music. Its a bit distracting.

Love the tablet otherwise, though.
    Add one more issue (not a bug):

VPN Connectivity: The VPN profile requires you to save your password. When using two-form authentication such as a RSA SecurID token, your password effectively changes every 60 seconds. While you can edit the profile to change your password, it would be more ideal to request the user to enter his/her password before connecting to the VPN.
    Here's a browser 'issue' that is a bummer for me. I'm a Sirius/XM subscriber that likes to listen online, since there's no dedicate application for listening I tried using their flash player through their regular website.

I can login and even select a channel, (although that's a bit wonky,) but I never can get the stream to play. Personally I'd prefer a dedicated app much like the app for IOS but since it's flash it should be working.

Any ideas?

Also, some websites behave badly on the TP. For instance DrudgeReport continually refreshes due to some script the TP can't handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLDiver View Post
    Here's a browser 'issue' that is a bummer for me. I'm a Sirius/XM subscriber that likes to listen online, since there's no dedicate application for listening I tried using their flash player through their regular website.

I can login and even select a channel, (although that's a bit wonky,) but I never can get the stream to play. Personally I'd prefer a dedicated app much like the app for IOS but since it's flash it should be working.

Any ideas?

Also, some websites behave badly on the TP. For instance DrudgeReport continually refreshes due to some script the TP can't handle.
    On that topic, are any of you able to play Myspace Music on the TouchPad? Same issue for me. Player loads fine, can select songs fine, but never starts playing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm getting that too.

Another weirdness:

How about the weird side-scrolling on the web browser? Even if the page has no content or anything on the sides, scrolling the window up and down is still very uneven. Hope this makes sense.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast