Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    My Touchpad is frozen!

It has about 50% battery and was in the photos app and now the screen is off. Plugging it in to usb or to power does nothing. No combination of button pushing seems to do anything. I've tried to even connect to it by bluetooth and nothing. But the notification button is flashing...

do I wait till the power runs out and hope it reboots? Or do I try to plug it in and charge it?
    Someone please tell me a workaround for this mess thats driving me nuts in the Photos App. I copy a new mp3 folder to the Touchpad and then it suddenly makes a new album with 4 pics inside of it. Now normally in 2.x and 1.x, if you delete every pic inside of an album, the album name dissappears. Not the case in 3.x. I'm left with an empty hollow album name with no pics inside and no way to delete it. Even worse, if I rename the app in a file manager like Gemini or Internalz, the old empty one stays but it then adds a new one in addition with the new renamed name. I'm getting so frustrated with this! Someone else HAS to have run into this? Any workarounds?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbecot01 View Post
    I cannot download some files. I take online classes and when I attempt to download my lectures (pdf, word, and powerpoint versions) it redirects to a download page and the download window pops up with the file listed. There is a box next to it that says download. When I click on it a progress bar flashes for an instant and then goes away and the download box is back.

HP was only able to suggest restarting (three times lol) I was able to download files from other sites, and even the test files on that site. Is this a settings issue? Am I doing something wrong?
    I'm experiencing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by clmensch View Post
    The browser does not support javascript: URI's. I don't even know what to say.
    Is that why one of my intranet sites doesn't work? Logging in just brings me back to the login page. Its like the page redirection isn't working, and the session cookie isn't being stored =\

That and being unable to download a PDF from a different site really hurts this use in my Enterprise =(
    Yes, that's almost certainly why it won't work. It's used all over the web, and is an extremely basic capability of any browser. JavaScript uri's have been around for YEARS. It makes absolutely no sense that this browser would support something like Flash while at the same time ignore such a basic building block of the web. Completely unacceptable.
    Cisco Clean Access Failure To Launch

Steps taken to reproduce:
    1. Connect to my company's open wireless network
    2. Connect via VPN using Cisco AnyConnect Client
    3. Open Web Browser to launch Clean Access <- Results in the message below.

Cisco Clean Access Java Applet web client could NOT be launched. The reasons for this might include:
    • Java Plug-In is not installed in your browser.
    • Java Applet is disabled in your browser's security settings

And you might be able to fix this by
    • Download and install Java Plug-In from here <- link to Java Download Site
    • Enable Java Applet in your browser's security settings.

If you cannot run the Cisco Clean Access Java Applet web client, you will not be able to access this network:
    Please contact the systems administrator
    From what I've been able to learn from my network administrator and obviously the message above, a JVM is required.

I have posted on the forums about this issue and have tried contacting HP via Twitter. I would like to push webOS here at work but not being able to access the network is a big issue. HP can contact me for further information
    Last edited by Rebel6381; 07/06/2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Notes: The Network Login page being greyed out is now showing the you need to VPN page our network displays.
    1. On text fields in apps and on the web where the text doesnt fit in the field completely, doing a select all only selects the text that is visible in the box, not all the text.

2. The app catalog app will not allow full screen previews of app screenshots

3. The app catalog app also makes it frustrating to review an app because it is only one line of text, and if you go to card view and then come back, often you are put back in the beginning of the text that you were entering and then you have to scroll all the way to the right again, with great difficulty.

4. Autocorrect is missing alot of words that are obviously misspelled without even underlining them in red
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    if you create a new photo album and then try to delete it when its empty via usb mode, it still shows up on the Touchpad.
    The folder has to contain something when you delete it for it to disappear.

1. Recreate the folder
    2. Add a file back to the folder
    3. Delete the folder via USB mode
    4. Check to see if the folder still shows up.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Bug: When using pay per day internet services (various providers) at various locations, after logging in, browser works, but other apps do not show internet available (i.e. Messaging, maps, phone). Reboot solves this. Replicated twice now.

Bug: Facebook notifications, when tapped, do nothing most of the time. Same issue if you tap in the notification bar or in the app
    Bug: Currently, my email app shows just white in the actual email bodys when clicking on any email in my inbox. The Subject info appears at the top but the body itself never loads anything but white on all emails. First time I've run into this since purchasing it, and I'm sure a reboot will fix it but wanted to document what I'm seeing.
    Caped Codder likes this.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Bug: Currently, my email app shows just white in the actual email bodys when clicking on any email in my inbox. The Subject info appears at the top but the body itself never loads anything but white on all emails. First time I've run into this since purchasing it, and I'm sure a reboot will fix it but wanted to document what I'm seeing.
    I've had this problem on my Pre- for AGES now. This one is the most annoying of all as it happens to me a LOT! The 100% guaranteed time to make this happen is when coming out of Airplane mode (when the apps are all grabbing for Internet data) and you get an email notification and click on it while the phone is still busy doing stuff. I get the same blank email message. I have to swipe back and click again - usually several times - or just wait a few minutes until the phone data activity calms down. Very annoying. Since its not fixed after all this time, I guess nobody at HPalm has seen this yet
    Kilroy was here.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Bug:i cannot share a youtube video from within the facebook app I click the facebook share button under the video and nothing happens. Also some parts of the facebook website dont display like the bottom of the webpage
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    * App Catalog: choosing "All Items" does not update the title of the list of apps. To replicate, click on the "Categories" tab then choose any category (e.g. Books). Note the list of books is titled "All Books". Then click on the "All Apps" category. Expected behavior is to see "All Apps" or nothing at all, but instead it still reads the All Books category in this case.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    * Calendar: changing the default calendar does not change the label in the dropdown menu. To replicate, open Calendar's Preferences & Accounts. Note the currently-displayed Default Calendar in the dropdown (mine is "Calendar"). Open the list of calendars and choose a different calendar. Expected behavior is to now show that calendar option, but the scene still displays the original option. The option has changed (confirm by closing the scene and reopening) but will not display anything but the first option in the dropdown.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Had my first random reboot.

Had a YouTube video playing in a minimized card (LOVE this feature, BTW) and was opening the PreCentral HD unofficial news app when the device crashed. HP logo appeared for about 30 seconds and then I was back to card view (with no cards open). Believe this was a Luna restart because of the short reboot time.

Total cards open when this happened: about 5.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    when opening a new browserpage, randomely only 50 % or so is loaded and i cannot scroll to the bottom of the page.
    when returning to a page through back-button the page is always shown on top not at the place that i have left, when tapping on a link.
    when scrolling up with finger in the near of the bottom of touchpad, the browser is minimized
    I'd also like to note that I am always running into the same annoying scrolling lockups that the webOS 2.x builds were plagued with. Often, I'll tap on a card to maximize it and then proceed to try and scroll up or down in that App, and it'll do nothing. I'll try again over and over. Usually 5-10 seconds later, it'll suddenly start scrolling. Sometimes, if I go back into card view and then maximize it again, it'll then start scrolling just fine immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by clmensch View Post
    Yes, that's almost certainly why it won't work. It's used all over the web, and is an extremely basic capability of any browser. JavaScript uri's have been around for YEARS. It makes absolutely no sense that this browser would support something like Flash while at the same time ignore such a basic building block of the web. Completely unacceptable.
    Wrong. webOS supports javascript: uris in web pages. You just can't use them as bookmarks or type javascript directly in the url bar.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    After having my touchpad at work for several days I have noticed when it roams between Access Points the screen turns back on. I believe indicating that it has re-associated with another access point. I do not see this same behavior with my pre- 1.4.5. Is this the intended behavior?
    BUG: pdf files sometimes cannot be downloaded from the web browser.

I believe this bug occurs for pdfs that are on a page behind a login wall. I've been able to download pdfs fine except for one site, where I have to log in in order to download the pdf. Can others please test and confirm?
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast