Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    A few bugs for those that want to confirm them:

* App Catalog: choosing "All Items" does not update the title of the list of apps. To replicate, click on the "Categories" tab then choose any category (e.g. Books). Note the list of books is titled "All Books". Then click on the "All Apps" category. Expected behavior is to see "All Apps" or nothing at all, but instead it still reads the All Books category in this case.

* Calendar: changing the default calendar does not change the label in the dropdown menu. To replicate, open Calendar's Preferences & Accounts. Note the currently-displayed Default Calendar in the dropdown (mine is "Calendar"). Open the list of calendars and choose a different calendar. Expected behavior is to now show that calendar option, but the scene still displays the original option. The option has changed (confirm by closing the scene and reopening) but will not display anything but the first option in the dropdown.

* Certificate manager: does not show installed certificates properly. Can scroll down to view but the scene snaps back to hide the installed certificates.

* Keyboard - have not yet been able to replicate, but at one point holding down a key on the keyboard would activate other random keys on the keyboard. For example, I would hold down the left Shift key and all sorts of random characters would begin typing on the screen. Was noticed first in the email app, but after a reboot the problem has yet to reappear. If anyone wants to try replicating this, go for it.

* Facebook account: cannot connect. After entering my credentials in the Account settings app, I get a "Bad request" error message. Typing in the wrong password gives a "The account credentials you entered are incorrect. Try again." error so I suspect my credentials are correct.
    Not sure if this has been reported but Adobe Reader will not open a password protected pdf. I am thinking this is a QuickOffice issue cause it worked on my Pre under Docs2Go.

Could someone try this on 2.1 which also has Quick? I am talking with Palm as I type this.
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/03/2011 at 03:22 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    An issue I have noticed is that when browsing the internet and then I launch a new card and immediately go back to my previous card, the new one will not load. On my pre 2 I can switch between internet cards instantly and they all load in the background so they are ready for me to view when I'm ready. On the touchpad, they will not load unless I am actively viewing the card. This is very annoying and actually slows down the internet experience because I always have to wait for the web page to load because it will not load jn the background. Had anyone else experienced this issue?
    74256274 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    An issue I have noticed is that when browsing the internet and then I launch a new card and immediately go back to my previous card, the new one will not load. On my pre 2 I can switch between internet cards instantly and they all load in the background so they are ready for me to view when I'm ready. On the touchpad, they will not load unless I am actively viewing the card. This is very annoying and actually slows down the internet experience because I always have to wait for the web page to load because it will not load jn the background. Had anyone else experienced this issue?
    ive experienced this, but it appears to only happen when I'm launching the browser from twitter. Will do some more testing.

update: for me, it appears that this issue has to do with the browser being redirected. If you've launched a url that will redirect the browser before it reaches its final destination, then you must wait until after the redirection takes place before switching cards. If the url you launched Is the finally destination, you can switch to another card at anytime and it will load in the background.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 07/03/2011 at 03:46 PM.
    A reminder from page 1 -- there are special rules for this thread:

Please Note:

This thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

We're going to keep it clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to confirmed bugs.

Keep your replies to either confirm a posted 'bug' by another member, or to list a possible new bug.

Please follow the criteria laid out in post #1 in both confirmations and posting of possible new bugs.
    I cannot download some files. I take online classes and when I attempt to download my lectures (pdf, word, and powerpoint versions) it redirects to a download page and the download window pops up with the file listed. There is a box next to it that says download. When I click on it a progress bar flashes for an instant and then goes away and the download box is back.

HP was only able to suggest restarting (three times lol) I was able to download files from other sites, and even the test files on that site. Is this a settings issue? Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Problems with video:

Videos ripped in Handbrake to the AppleTV 2 setting show up in the Music player rather than under Videos.

Videos ripped with an older AppleTV setting appear in the Photos and Video app, but do not play unless the file size is smaller (all files I tested larger than 1gb would not play, smaller files -- in the 500mb range-- did play).

The file extension on the video file does not seem to matter-- mp4 and m4v behave the same. All files are dvd rips done in Handbrake and play perfectly on Apple TV 2 and 1st gen iPad.

I don't know if this could really be considered a bug-- it seems more like video playback functionality hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. (Videos are just lumped in with the photo app just like videos recorded by a webOS handset would be, no access to the systems's stand-alone video player like there is on other webOS devices).
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am having an issue where when I try to make bluetooth calls or skype calls the audio just dies and the speakers or headphones just make popping sounds every few seconds.... Any one else seeing this issue?

the only way to fix the popping sound it is by turning off and on the beats audio setting...

I have tried just turning off the beats audio setting and that does not resolve the issue. I think it could be a bug related to the app itself and not the hardware since I do not have any issues with the music app.
    Last edited by phillipah; 07/03/2011 at 11:26 PM.
    BUG: opening multiple web browser card causes last card to freeze, and cannot be swiped away

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Open precentral forums
    2. Click-hold and quickly open 4 links, one after another, each as their own card. You should have a total of 5 browser cards now.
    3. Click back and forth between the cards.
    4. Notice how the last card will become unresponsive to touch, while the other cards are fine.
    5. Try swiping all 5 cards away. That last card will not be responsive and you won't be able to swipe it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    * Calendar: changing the default calendar does not change the label in the dropdown menu. To replicate, open Calendar's Preferences & Accounts. Note the currently-displayed Default Calendar in the dropdown (mine is "Calendar"). Open the list of calendars and choose a different calendar. Expected behavior is to now show that calendar option, but the scene still displays the original option. The option has changed (confirm by closing the scene and reopening) but will not display anything but the first option in the dropdown.
    +1. I've had this issue in calendar. Default does change and new events do start out in the correct default, but the label in preferences will not change.
    I have had terrible battery drain problems. My touchpad was fully charged and I used it to browse the web for about half an hour on low screen brightness then pressed the power button and set it down and when I came back thirty minutes later it said I had zero percent battery. Bluetooth was connected on my phone fyi. Any ideas whats going on here?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Whenever I try to use HPPlayer to load my music, just the file folders move over and not the song files themselves but it works if I do a drag and drop using the file manager.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Problems with video:

Videos ripped in Handbrake to the AppleTV 2 setting show up in the Music player rather than under Videos.

Videos ripped with an older AppleTV setting appear in the Photos and Video app, but do not play unless the file size is smaller (all files I tested larger than 1gb would not play, smaller files -- in the 500mb range-- did play).

The file extension on the video file does not seem to matter-- mp4 and m4v behave the same. All files are dvd rips done in Handbrake and play perfectly on Apple TV 2 and 1st gen iPad.

I don't know if this could really be considered a bug-- it seems more like video playback functionality hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. (Videos are just lumped in with the photo app just like videos recorded by a webOS handset would be, no access to the systems's stand-alone video player like there is on other webOS devices).
    Yup same problem. I converted 3 movies with handbrake. One was 1 gig, the other two were around 3. The other two movies don't play but the 1 gig one works perfectly fine...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    When using Skype, the video was working for 10 minutes, then just stopped transmitting. Even after rebooting it no longer transmits my video. In the short time it was working the other party said my video was awful - pixelized and laggy. The other party was using Skype on a Mac and it looked great on my end. My wifi was 10mbps down, .75mbps up.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I was the OP in the TP losing sound thread. It just happened again today. Sound randomly disappears for all apps. Toggling volume and mute has no impact. Only a restart corrects it....until it randomly happens again. Many others report the same problem in the other thread. Not good....
    74256274 and LA6507a like this.
    touchstoneloading didnīt work for me so far.
    unti I found out this morning that you have to place the TP with the Homebutton either to the right side or down.
    Then It is loading.
    Unfortunately that means that you can load the device in the bag but not use it actually, since the flap is falling in front of the TP, while it would be hanging in the back the other way around (In landscape mode).
    Probably a hardwarething they wonīt be changing
    calendar doesnīt autosync.
    anyone knows why?
    precalender did....
    is there a way to use the uberkernel caleder from the pre on the TP? it is really good....
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    When using Skype, the video was working for 10 minutes, then just stopped transmitting. Even after rebooting it no longer transmits my video. In the short time it was working the other party said my video was awful - pixelized and laggy. The other party was using Skype on a Mac and it looked great on my end. My wifi was 10mbps down, .75mbps up.
    how are you using skype? I donīt find the app in the store, is that available in the us only?
    once in a while emails are not shown. The mail is loaded, and the headline appears, but thetext stays away
    74256274 likes this.