Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I get a Luna restart every time I visit the following URL on the Touchpad (webOS 3.0.0):
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

I have added the issue also on the official Palm forums:
    http://forums.palm.com/t5/HP-TouchPa...345890#U345890
    Last edited by shoe; 07/21/2011 at 08:31 AM. Reason: added to palm forums
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    A local news web site seems to cause the browser to hang which then appeared to have caused WeatherBug to fail to load. I had to reboot to get things right again. The offending site is Sacramento News, Stockton, Modesto Breaking News, Weather & Sports - KCRA Sacramento's Channel 3
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I can't reproduce this, are you still experiencing this issue? What happens when you attempt to reproduce what do you see on the device?
    Does Memo's open if quick office is not already open?

List exact steps to reproduce bug.
    I was not able to reproduce this. It did occur in the early days of my TP ownership when several services were malfunctioning.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    I get a Luna restart every time I visit the following URL on the Touchpad (webOS 3.0.0):

[Bug] Luna restart on specific URL - Page 3 - Support Community
    I've also experienced this.
    TP - browser video - possible issue

when i am playing video in the web browser (not full screen) ...the screen turns off after user defined time. This is unlike when you are playing video full screen or in the TP video player (full screen). Not sure if this as per design. When the screen shuts off..the video stops playing. When the screen is unlocked, the video may be playing but the audio doesnt resume. Audio resumes after you stop and resume video..sometimes after more than 1 try.

Another issue I noticed. I was playing downloaded video using the TP video player. After the video finished..I put the video player in card view from the full screen. Then opened browser video. It was playing fine. Now I enabled full screen mode for the browser video. Instead of seeing browser video in full screen..I would see the frozen image from the TP video player that was stopped in the card view. The browser video was playing in the background since I could hear the audio, however, the full screen would show the frozen TP video player image. Only when I closed the TP video player, I was able to see browser video in full screen mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    I tried to recreate this issue with my Backbeats 903, but could not, my volume controls work fine on my 903's while listening to my TP music app. I did notice that the sound notification indicating volume increase/decrease was muffled.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I was on in-flight wifi, and the Messaging app was having trouble signing into Skype...which is ok, but every time it would fail to sign into Skype, it would kick me off all the other services. Had to disable the Skype account to stay signed in...maybe Skype should behave like the other services (where you get the half-signed in icon if it fails?)
    Another website problem. might not be TPs fault.

A new webOS phone on Sprint doesn't look likely. What's a Sprint Pre owner to do? [poll] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

it thinks i'm logged out and in. I am logged in but the reply links are missing. See pics. /TP32gb/

Also, couldn't use the photo uploader via manage attachments... Here's some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    If I can make a suggestion to the Mods?...
    because it's so hard to keep a track of 21 pages of bugs...
    when the update comes out soon... after say 24-48 hours people to update and play with it...
    maybe lock this thread and start and new thread "bug thread after OTA1" or something...
    in that way if some bugs were skipped and still exist, it gives hp and clean sheet to read from.
    and then if people find a bug they are also experiencing, they can 'like' it to give a running total of how frequent certain bugs are.'

just a thought...
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Outlook Web Access (OWA) issue.

When connected directly to my company's network, I'm prompted for my login credentials. When I'm connected thru VPN, it does NOT prompt me for my credentials, and immediately gives me an authorization error. No idea why it won't ask me for my credentials only over the VPN connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post

[Bug] Luna restart on specific URL - Page 3 - Support Community
    Ditto. I also sometimes get Luna resets when closing the browser (this last time while on another webos-internals wiki page).
    Deleting photo issue

If you want to delete a photo in one of your albums, you just tap on the garbage can icon. When you want to select the second photo to delete this icon doesn't work. You have to go back to the album view and tap the second photo to delete. Someone same issue?

Making phonecalls and recieving phonecalls doesn't work perfectly, but the sms function will not send the msg and gives a yellow error sign in the msg. First I thought the msg was sent, but it didn't
    Pre2 and BT earpiece paired with the TouchPad

You can't use an BT earpiece to make/recieve a phonecall on your TouchPad when it is paired with the Pre2. Can't use both at the same time.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    when I download PDFs/word docs from emails or box.net they are not showing up in the quickoffice/adobe reader apps. I can find them using the file managing app Gemini. I find them under downloads and the box.net folder so I know that they Ron te device but won't show up in the app.same thing with movies that I drag and drop onto the TP.
    About once a day, the body of my emails do not display. A reset brings them back. Hope update fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwakely View Post
    About once a day, the body of my emails do not display. A reset brings them back. Hope update fixes it.
    I get that too. Most of the time, closing and re-opening the eMail app fixes it, but not every time.
    I don't own a TP, but I observed 2 issues at Best Buy yesterday as I was looking at their 2 display tablets:

1) Locked up TP
    The first one had the default demo home page (Touch the screen to continue) but the tablet was locked up... Unresponsive to taps/drags/gestures anywhere on the screen; unresponsive to the power button, volume buttons, home button; unresponsive to holding down the power and home buttons. The usb charger cable was connected, so I unplugged it but it still didn't become responsive. I then plugged the cable back in, but the unit was still locked up.

2) TP spontaneously rebooted
    I went to the 2nd TP and it was responsive and lightning fast. After touring it for a bit, I went to the web browser and went to my fantasy baseball site to check out how the site worked on the TP. I went to Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Video, then logged in, and went to my fantasy team. I loaded the roster page and checked stats for various time periods, etc. I tried to access some multi-level menus but it didn't seem to process the tap (i.e. I tap Players link and a menu list appears from which I can select Stats, Custom Reports, etc. I select Stats, the TP registers the tap ala if I click a hyperlink with a mouse on a PC but the page didn't load). This was repeatable so I assumed the website wasn't too compatible with a touch interface. So I decided to logout but the TP behaved the same (I tap the Logout link, the TP registers the tap, but nothing happens). I tried this multiple times, to no avail. I was able to go to the browser menu and clear the cache and history. Soon after the TP spontaneous rebooted (screen went black and the small hp boot-up symbol appears). This happened either when I closed the browser control to clear cache/history OR shortly thereafter when I tried to logout again. After reboot, the unit was blazing fast and responsive. I opened the browser and confirmed the cache had indeed been cleared.

If I recall correctly this TP was running v3.0.0 build 16.
    Got my first TMC error tonight. The notification came up fine, but when you tap the notification area, the spot for the notification is blank with no text. I could still swipe the "box" away, but it was completely empty.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Got my first TMC error tonight. The notification came up fine, but when you tap the notification area, the spot for the notification is blank with no text. I could still swipe the "box" away, but it was completely empty.
    I've had this exact same issue occur a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by louisoneal View Post
    I've had this exact same issue occur a few days ago.
    Good, its not just me. I kept going after it went away, then started getting a 2x1 box in the upper right corner that would pop up when memory got low again, but it was another empty box. I'm assuming it was supposed to say something, but was just blank. I had to touch it to make it go away before it would let me do anything else. I've since rebooted.