Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. GB1
    I did a quick search through the page and didn't see these issues (though I suspect the latter is here somewhere).

- The TP text and images do not seem sharp to me. Yes you can read the text and enjoy the images, but the quality seems barely adequate for book-reading and I my images simply do not seem are sharp as I know they are. The screen was cleaned (which helps). I suspect an unoptimized driver or something along that line. Then again,it could be the overly-glossy screen (hope not).

Etc 1 - Also related to that, when I view images in the mail app, a preview of them is shown in a small, AJAX-like box in the center of the screen, and these especially don't look very sharp. They're being shrunken to a smaller resolution to view but not re-sharpened on the fly. Note that the technology for that has been around for many years, so it's surprising that the TP does not sharpen them.

Etc 2 - Another related note: in the image viewer, the images it downloaded from my FB account are being up-sized to the entire screen, and this has a very detrimental effect on quality. For example, I may have a 800x600 pixel image in FB and instead of leaving it as is, the TP ups it to 1024 x 768 px for viewing, pixelating it (!) This kills the quality. This is a very serious issue for those of us photographers who would like to use our TP to show our work - the TP should scale DOWN (and auto sharpen) if > 1024 x 768, but should never scale UP.

- Everyone knows about the occasional hesitation/unresponsiveness of screen touches/presses; after several weeks of observation, it appears to be a process running in the background that's periodically kicking in and slowing down the system (not knowing the inner workings of the OS, I can't provide any additional insight). This also periodically has an effect on running programs too - a momentary 'pause' or so. On some occasions, presses don't register and I've re-pressed only to find that the original did register but was delayed, and now two presses were registered. Is this suspected and assumed necessary process that freezes things up at too high a priority..?
    Quote Originally Posted by clmensch View Post
    Every once in a while my TouchPad completely freezes up for about 1 minute. Then the phone app launches itself, and immediately quits. Bluetooth is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by msprunck View Post
    Bug: The phone app appears randomly (usually when in the internet app or have a bunch of internet cards open). This totally disrupts everything. All that happens is the phone app icon/card appears and just cycles. Phone app never really opens and the only thing to do is swipe it away.
    Yes, I mentioned having that issue with the phone app too. No fix, but since my TP restarted randomly last night, I haven't noticed the problem again (yet). Maybe unpairing it with the webOS phone and then repairing might help.
    Last edited by doodad64; 07/19/2011 at 01:52 PM.
    No matter what website I am on I cannot upload any photos! I try to press the "choose file" button, but it never brings me to my photos, therefore making it impossible to select a file to upload. Please, someone, HELP!!!!!!
    currently it doesnt get sync the exchange folders without a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by coughdrops View Post
    Bug:

Upon using Just Type, the Launch Icons will stop being displayed. Other search options are displayed but not the Launch area icons.

Function returns after a reboot. Fails again randomly. Must reboot to get function back.
    + 1 on this.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have noticed that notifications for app updates only seems to work one time after a Touchpad reboot. After that the notifications don't appear even though I can see apps in the app store that have updates available. Anybody else noticed this?
    JD.Plourde.II likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcheffe View Post
    I have noticed that notifications for app updates only seems to work one time after a Touchpad reboot. After that the notifications don't appear even though I can see apps in the app store that have updates available. Anybody else noticed this?
    I have noticed this too

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know if this has been covered, I added some photos & movie to my TP. I can see what I put on the TP. Then decided to add three more movies & some more pictures. Now I can only view the first set of photoes & movies. Internalz & when connected to the computer show that the files are indeed on the TP. I did a reboot & nothing changed. I have had this issue with the VZW Pre 2, bit did not expect to see webOS 3.0 to have this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I don't know if this has been covered, I added some photos & movie to my TP. I can see what I put on the TP. Then decided to add three more movies & some more pictures. Now I can only view the first set of photoes & movies. Internalz & when connected to the computer show that the files are indeed on the TP. I did a reboot & nothing changed. I have had this issue with the VZW Pre 2, bit did not expect to see webOS 3.0 to have this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Plug USB in. Let PC pick it up. Pull USB cable. DO NOT EJECT. Wait for "ouch" message to go away. Files magically appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    BUG: pdf files sometimes cannot be downloaded from the web browser.

I believe this bug occurs for pdfs that are on a page behind a login wall. I've been able to download pdfs fine except for one site, where I have to log in in order to download the pdf. Can others please test and confirm?

+1 - Example Browser: Outlook Web Access through Company Firewall.
    Quote Originally Posted by stvechen View Post
    Problem #2: Charger is not recognize consistently.
    Situation: It does not recognize when it is plugged into the AC adaptor and the outlet on the wall every time, but when plugging the USB into the computer, it recognize it everytime. I ran through the interative diagnostic function on the touchpad and it is determined to be the AC adaptor problem. Unfortunately, the HP livechat was cut short/lost connection and so I have no idea what the solution is other than repeating the plugging and unplugging until I get it for now.

Thanks!
    The HP/Palm Cylindrical adpaters have a screw-top prong attachment. I found mine was ****-eyed (twisted slightly off center) from the main USB adapter portion and not contacting the internal prongs.

Retightening the adapter and prong portion resolved all charging issues.
    Last edited by JD.Plourde.II; 07/20/2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    I've been getting this at least a couple of times a day lately and any action that "resets” WiFi seems to fix it. To me the issue seems to act like the TP is losing the local DNS server since WiFi is still active, but browser and web based apps all give “unavailable” type messages.

Wondering if all these issues are happening on a screen-locked-on application that doesn't turn off the screen after 2 or 5 minutes per screenlock settings, but the wi-fi shuts down after the screenlock threshold is reached?
    Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    (Image Resizing...)

- Everyone knows about the occasional hesitation/unresponsiveness of screen touches/presses; after several weeks of observation, it appears to be a process running in the background that's periodically kicking in and slowing down the system (not knowing the inner workings of the OS, I can't provide any additional insight). This also periodically has an effect on running programs too - a momentary 'pause' or so. On some occasions, presses don't register and I've re-pressed only to find that the original did register but was delayed, and now two presses were registered. Is this suspected and assumed necessary process that freezes things up at too high a priority..?
    /image resizing - Totally Agree on ALL POINTS.

/hesitation/Background task -- Have also noted when this happens, the screen dims slightly (and I've noted this a lot) then comes back to full strength brightness. - This is not happening at the expected dim interval and happens even when dim is deselected in the screen/lock app.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Plug USB in. Let PC pick it up. Pull USB cable. DO NOT EJECT. Wait for "ouch" message to go away. Files magically appear.
    I renamed my folders to Video & Pictures plus did what you suggested & it worked.

Thank you.

15. GB1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    /image resizing - Totally Agree on ALL POINTS.

/hesitation/Background task -- Have also noted when this happens, the screen dims slightly (and I've noted this a lot) then comes back to full strength brightness. - This is not happening at the expected dim interval and happens even when dim is deselected in the screen/lock app.
    JD - Yes!, the screen also momentarily dims. I assumed this was a ambient light sensor bug, but maybe it's related to the hesitation?

A lot of bugs for HP's WebOS 3 team to fix ..

GB
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I can't login to my Skype account. Every time I try it I get an error message: "Unknown Error." I already tried changing the Skype account password and rebooted the TP several times without access.

Just for testing I created a 2nd Skype account and I can login without problems. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Tried this. Never worked. However it worked after changing the timestamp of all files (for instance using the unix command "touch"). Don't know if it's a coincidence though...
    pbs with the phone app:
    - sometimes takes ages to launch (like at least 5 seconds)
    - contact list takes ages to load (at least a visual information showing that something is indeed happening should be there)
    - as already pointed out, voice is sometimes very robot-like (with skype calls)
    - i have NO VIDEO; emitting worked on the first day, not more; receiving never worked (with skype calls)
    - the app often forgets which account to use and asks me again at launch
    Last edited by varavant; 07/20/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Whenever I visit Időkép időjárás with the Browser, the Touchpad restarts . No error message, just the HP logo in the middle all of a sudden.

Happens on any network. Can you guys reproduce?
    Calendar shows previous day when launched, not current day. A reset fixes it, but it re-occurs a day or so later.

May or may not be related to Google sync not syncing calendar after a while you until I reboot.