Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Had my first random reboot.

Had a YouTube video playing in a minimized card (LOVE this feature, BTW) and was opening the PreCentral HD unofficial news app when the device crashed. HP logo appeared for about 30 seconds and then I was back to card view (with no cards open). Believe this was a Luna restart because of the short reboot time.

Total cards open when this happened: about 5.
    74256274 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
    Anthony, you can actually see the SMS messages come in? Or do you only see them in the conversation view (which, for me, always says "Your conversation list is empty" at the top even though I have a ton of stuff there).
    when I synced everything it showed my previous convos. It doesnt update when new messages come in. Thats dissapointing to hear about the TP not syncing with 2.1...
    KallistiMan likes this.
    it truly is disappointing. I hoped I could at least metadoctor to get it to work. I really want to text with this!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    when I synced everything it showed my previous convos. It doesnt update when new messages come in. Thats dissapointing to hear about the TP not syncing with 2.1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    it truly is disappointing. I hoped I could at least metadoctor to get it to work. I really want to text with this!
    yes it will only update after a backup on the phone and then the TP. Im disappointed about this too.
    I'm getting random reboots at the unlock screen. No cards open / sometimes I have a couple.
    74256274 likes this.
    my messaging App is consistently switching me to unavailable.
    have restarted, re-entered my account passwords. It seemed to work earlier today, but now getting annoying.

also web pages seem to get dumped randomly too. I'm logged in, then poof reset.

anyone having these issues?
    HP can contact me.
    The only bug I have to report is a small webpage rendering issue. I've only noticed it on BGR.com I have a 32GB TouchPad, right out of the box, able to replicate, video link below.

Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    I have had 2 reboots so far. First don't remember what I was doing I had a few apps open, less then 4.
    Second time I had 2 web pages open. I was looking at Gizmodo, going to the second page, the background page was a story about Zynga IPO on gizmodo.

This is not good, but I am encouraged by the fact that there are only 3 reports so far...../me crosses fingers that does not grow much

PJ
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr107 View Post
    This is not good, but I am encouraged by the fact that there are only 3 reports so far...../me crosses fingers that does not grow much
    Sorry to say, but I've had 2 crashes today too. Very random. Had no more than 2 cards open at the time, and both times reboot occurred when I wasn't even touching the device. It happened when it was idling.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Apps that were not restored from my Pre profile or are having problems:

Asphalt5 - did not download (all my other Gameloft games downloaded)

Supersonic Free - same

SplashTop - PC/Mac Desktop access did not download (this one I really want and plan to contact the developer)

General App Problems:

Precentral.net (unofficial) app - does not quite work on my TP 32gb. Won't acknowledge I'm logged into Precentral.net to update status, comment, thumbs up, or otherwise.

Photos and Videos- not locating content. Photos finds the built-in Wallpapers that come pre-installed, but no picture or video I manually drag and drop on the USB get found when previewing.

Calendar Sync - minor issues, but I think these can be fixed by removing and re-adding my Google Apps accounts.

Almost forgot, had a crash when syncing photos and interface was trying to load content from Facebook. Strange since I don't have that many photos in Facebook, but it did reboot and come back quickly.

Thanks, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    I second this exactly. If it is not supported, why does it say "Receive SMS" under the bluetooth options?
    The TouchPad supports the ability to Receive SMS, however the phone does not support the ability to send SMS.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The TouchPad supports the ability to Receive SMS, however the phone does not support the ability to send SMS.
    Receiving doesn't work either...
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Had my first random reboot.

Had a YouTube video playing in a minimized card (LOVE this feature, BTW) and was opening the PreCentral HD unofficial news app when the device crashed. HP logo appeared for about 30 seconds and then I was back to card view (with no cards open). Believe this was a Luna restart because of the short reboot time.

Total cards open when this happened: about 5.
    Random Reboots!!!

I would like to get some log files from devices experiencing this issue. Below you will find the steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Go into Device diagnostics
    3. Select Menu
    4. Click on collect logs
    5. Email logs to me (send me a private message for email address)

Do the above steps just after a random reboot, take note of the time collect the log file and then send to me.

Thank you
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

out of curosity what build of webos 3.0.0 is on the production TP? I don't have mine yet so wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    out of curosity what build of webos 3.0.0 is on the production TP? I don't have mine yet so wondering.
    Production build is 41
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Another question of curiosity, how long is a complete restart, or a Luna boot?

Thanks

Andrew
    HardBeatZ - thanks for the log generating tips. Will send you some after I get TouchPad out of its frozen state.

Tried to wake it up just now with home button, no response. Then sleep button, no response. I know the TP is on, as my notification light is flashing, but the thing won't wake up at all.

How do we reboot this thing when the screen won't turn on?
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    HardBeatZ - thanks for the log generating tips. Will send you some after I get TouchPad out of its frozen state.

Tried to wake it up just now with home button, no response. Then sleep button, no response. I know the TP is on, as my notification light is flashing, but the thing won't wake up at all.

How do we reboot this thing when the screen won't turn on?
    I believe it's the Home button + the Volume Up button + Power button all pressed together (hold pressed down for about 5-10secs).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I transfered 13gb of music from my Android tablet to the Touchpad in USB mode. Put all of the music in a folder labeled "Music". The Music app cannot find any of it. Still says I have 0 songs.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I believe it's the Home button + the Volume Up button + Power button all pressed together (hold pressed down for about 5-10secs).
    Or just Home and Power until you see the logo.
    Calcmandan likes this.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast