Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    With that said, I've had issues with drPodder as of late on the TouchPad. My Pre serves up my feeds just fine, but occasionally (2-3x in past week) I've opened drPodder on the TouchPad only to find that all feeds have been deleted. I have not yet been able to determine if this is an issue with the app itself or with the Mojo emulator on the TouchPad. I'm suspecting the latter, since I have also seen that Evernote and LinkedIn lose my credentials to log in every so often. I'm investigating whether these are related or not, but I think they are. I've tried to reproduce the problem but have not been able to yet.
    I just want to log in and say that I've been able to produce this again; I was logged into Evernote and Pandora, and my drPodder rss feeds were stable. After a reboot or two, I was no longer logged into either service and all my drPodder rss feeds were missing.

Could the Mojo emulator be wiping out the db for Mojo apps in some way? Or perhaps a permission issue? I'm guessing a permission issue for the following reason: when I uninstall/install drPodder and launch, I'm given the option to add default feeds. When I run into the issue as described above where all my feeds disappear, I am not given that option when launching. So for this particular app, it's able to determine that it has been launched and loaded before, but not able to find the settings from before. Although this aspect is a drPodder issue, my issues with other Mojo-based apps lead me to believe it's something inherent to the emulator on the TouchPad and not the apps themselves.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    This seems to be the same bug as in WebOS 2.x

here is a stop gap that works for me (though it is a P.I.T.A.)
    using internalz (or internalz pro) make the folder that holds the "missing" files masked from webos
    restart the device
    open the program (Music or Photos (I've not tried this with documents))
    you won't see the data still (i.e. if it's the entire music folder the App will say "No Music on device" or something of that ilk
    close the app
    open internalz and unhide the folder
    sometimes this is enough and sometimes you need to (once more) restart the device.
    This has worked for me 99.7% of the time
    I'll check that out. I think I should have explained how my issue initially workd
    1. Used the HP Play beta app to import my PC music
    2. Attached/synced the TP in USB-mode
    3. Unmounted the TP

At this point I did not see any music on the TP.

After reading some posts with similar issues, I:
    4. Reattached the TP to the PC in USB-mode
    5. Went into HP Play
    6. Disconnected the TP without dismounting (got the "OWWW!!! That hurt!" message)

At this point I was actually able to see that I had music on the TP. But all songs showed as being 0:00 in time/length. So, I rebooted. This then allowed me to see AND play music.

So, I guess from now on I will just do 1, 2, 6 and then reboot.
    Picture sent to me by email and downloaded appears right side up
    when I open it in photos but upside down when I set it as wallpaper.

An upside down prairie dog makes me very dizzy to look at. (as an aside, the friend is having a great vacation).
    Folders created and photos added to these folders in USB mode do not change or resyncronize in the photo app, if these folders get deleted or photos are moved around into new folders in the USB mode.

The original folder structure and picture links in the photo app remain in the "view all" tab. In the "TouchPad" tab, it appears the photo's get resynced into the new folder, but old folders I deleted still show in the Photo app, but are empty.
    My TP did a full reset to factory zero yesterday. I plugged in the usb cord - which was not plugged into anything at the time - and the hp logo came up. 5-10 minute later, the TP asked me what language I liked the best ("American" is not a recognized option), then proceeded to go through the enitre initial set up. I had not made a backup of photos/movies/music, and worst of all, Angry Birds and AB Rio both reset to zero!!

Reinstalled all me email and wifi settings. Had to wait for the APp Catalog to install everything all over again, but no lost programs.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Interesting thing in Exhibition Mode with the 2nd clock (the "flip number" clock):
    This clock is a 12-hour clock and shows AM/PM up at the top.
    At midnight, the clock shows 00:00 AM instead of 12:00 AM.
    Bug: HTML emails are rendered as text in the mail application. See link to forum post,

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ion-email.html
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Has anyone else encountered this bug I see, where 100% of the time as I select "Mute Sound" from the device menu, the device goes "brrriiing"?

EDIT: This happens with Vibrate=On, not with Vibrate=Off, so at least I have a workaround.
    Last edited by lordbah; 07/15/2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Has anyone else encountered this bug I see, where 100% of the time as I select "Mute Sound" from the device menu, the device goes "brrriiing"?
    Mine just buzzes when I choose that.
    This may already have been posted....

My photos app on my touchpad was working fine. I added my facebook account information and I was able to view my photos within the photos app flawlessly. However, I then added my snapfish account. Once doing this, my photos app became useless! Instead of having pictures available to view, I instead get white icons. The folder names are there but I cannot view a single picture (even if it was one I downloaded directly to the touchpad). I have since deleted my snapfish account. This did not solve the issue.

I also returned my touchpad today due to a few dead Pixils. Oddly, I am having the exact same photo issue on this one (but at least the dead Pixils are gone.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix available? HP, if you are reading this, I would appreciate a PM contact if you could on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
    I'm still not convinced this is the best way to report bugs, but I have seen an HP person in this thread, so I'll point this out:

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide. A favorite gadget site of mine, that my Touchpad is struggling with.

The site loads to about 80%, then decides to refresh itself. If I click the "x" in the address bar to cancel rendering, it will still attempt to reload.

Can someone try to reproduce this? No patches installed.

This in addition to the "popup window" javascript bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I'm still not convinced this is the best way to report bugs, but I have seen an HP person in this thread, so I'll point this out:

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide. A favorite gadget site of mine, that my Touchpad is struggling with.

The site loads to about 80%, then decides to refresh itself. If I click the "x" in the address bar to cancel rendering, it will still attempt to reload.

Can someone try to reproduce this? No patches installed.

This in addition to the "popup window" javascript bug.
    Had the exact same problem and reported earlier in the thread. For me, I couldn't even load preCentral. I suspected it was the loading of the Flash advertisements. So it's possible that if you install preWare and MaxBlock patch, the problem may go away.

Only way I could fix the problem at the time was to do a complete erase and get a new webOS Profile.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Bug: Calendar App - Copy, Cut, and Paste do not work when adding or editing an event.
    I was able to load gizmodo just fine. I do have the maxblocker patch installed, however.

I am NOT able to load the phantomskinz.com website on my touchpad. The main page loads fine but when I click on the touchpad logo to look at the skin the page never loads and gets stuck in a load, re-load cycle.
    Another bug I noticed today.... I had the palm pre app "Rainy Mood" open. I then opened up the touchpad app "Angry Birds." When I put into card view and swiped back to "Rainy Mood" the picture of the rain had been replaced with part of the angry birds screen. Actually, just for the check of it I just opened up "Rainy Mood" again and now there is a screen of what I am typing in this post instead of the picture of the rain. Weird.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Among the annoying behaviors I've noticed, one of the most is when I have my Touchpad on a flat table and turn it on (expecting the screen to remain in portrait orientation as I last had it when I turned it of) the screen instead rotates to landscape every time. I just want to look at something while it's on the table, but instead I have to pick it up to get it to rotate back. There's no reason for rotation when laying flat on a table.

Other rotations seem a bit touchy too. Small movements off of the portrait orientation cause the screen to rotate to landscape and not be very willing to switch back.

Turning off while in the touchstone: the screen saver turns on and shows a clock for a second and then switches to the photo screen saver. I'd like to be able to turn this off but I can't find any way to configure it. If I Have to leave it on, I would like to be able to configure the screen saver to set things like random order, show duration for each photo, etc. This is one example of many where this device lacks sufficient user control of settings. I hope this will be improved in the future.

One last annoying bluetooth keyboard bug I'm finding typing this message. When I hit the SHIFT key to type a capital letter, I'm finding that occasionally it sticks and types a bunch of capital letters.
    well my touchpad going back will not doctor also cant full erase cant login to my palm profile also after full erase nothing will save after restart. How do I know added preware to look if I could fix it but was gone after restart. There's more palm profile no longer there for touchpad on palm profile. Cant do any type or login to app catalog or accounts but can add emails facebook etc... Because still here from full erase but after I restart have to add them again its crazy like it will not save any data that why I did full erase because of the data not saving. Hope new one works sux because got it today of qvc takes them 15 day to send out new one.
    Hey blinktreo and haderach -- HardBeatZ from HP webOS support started a thread himself regarding website issues, might be good to post there: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-behavior.html
    Two small, but strange issues.

1. The phone app on the TP will randomly try to open itself. The app screen pops up, flashes a few times, and then disappears.

2. Once in a while, the TP makes a little notification-style type noise and a small grey box pops up in the top right corner. I can't click on it or dismiss it. It looks like the menu box that pops up if you hold the power button, just that it appears on its own and it's blank.
    I recently uploaded pics from my netbook over to my touchpad. When I went to view the pictures in full screen mode, flicking left or right to get to the next pic, some of the pics would duplicate. I thought maybe I accidentally had duplicate photos so I deleted some, now I find out that they were NOT duplicates and I actually deleted the original photo and now do not have this photo anywhere...little upset