Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timepants View Post
    Tapping on the artist/song name in the music player notification pulldown does not switch to the music app automatically. The user must switch to the music player card manually.

I expect this to switch to the music app, similar to how the phones work.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by duesselschorsch View Post
    When trying to look at a video e.g. in the TED for TouchPad app the TouchPad will only open a blank page with a moon on it instead of the video player when the TouchPad's language is set to German.
    Setting the language to English/US in the System Preferences makes it show the video as expected.
    I have a similar issue with streaming video, one of the sites I use most is catch-up TV in the UK, it's called catchup TV but actually it's live TV. http://m.tvcatchup.com/ with language set to English UK I get the moon when trying to stream the video. If I change the Language to English US it steams the video. . . . . . although it is struggling over a bad 3G connection via freetether. (Thanks duesselschorsch for the hint)
    Last edited by mc_wardy; 07/11/2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by duesselschorsch View Post
    When trying to look at a video e.g. in the TED for TouchPad app the TouchPad will only open a blank page with a moon on it instead of the video player when the TouchPad's language is set to German.
    Setting the language to English/US in the System Preferences makes it show the video as expected.
    Can you please provide log files after you have reproduced the issue. Contact me for email address to send log file.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    I have a similar issue with streaming video, one of the sites I use most is catch-up TV in the UK, it's called catchup TV but actually it's live TV. TVCatchup Mobile with language set to English UK I get the moon when trying to stream the video. If I change the Language to English US it steams the video. . . . . . although it is struggling over a bad 3G connection via freetether. (Thanks duesselschorsch for the hint)
    Can you please provide log files after you have reproduced the issue. Contact me for email address to send log file.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Is it a bug that we can't re-arrange our Bookmark order? We had that ability before webOS 3.x. Can't see any reason why they'd remove that ability?
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is known as a captive portal. At the top of your device you should see a notification. Tapping on that notification will take you to the page so you can login.
    I am running WebOS 3.0 on my TouchPad. I didn't have any kind of notification when I was trying to connect to my hotel wifi this weekend. After chatting with 3 different support techs and taking in all kinds of directions, I was *finally* told that I couldn't use my TouchPad with networks that use MAC address filtering or captive portals. According to the tech that was in the help/support guide...

What's the point of having a device I can only use at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by csikes View Post
    I am running WebOS 3.0 on my TouchPad. I didn't have any kind of notification when I was trying to connect to my hotel wifi this weekend. After chatting with 3 different support techs and taking in all kinds of directions, I was *finally* told that I couldn't use my TouchPad with networks that use MAC address filtering or captive portals. According to the tech that was in the help/support guide...

What's the point of having a device I can only use at home?
    While your still on the set-up screen of the Touchpad, connecting to a captive enabled portal is not possible as this requires a web interface for you to login. Unfortunately, the web browser is only available once you managed to finish the setup.
    logs sent on the streaming issue, the others I'm seeing so far are

- a couple of random reboots, cant put my finger on what caused them.
    - Bookmarks - is it a bug we can't edit the thumbnail as per the PRE2. Also someway to organise bookmarks would be good. When configured the TP I imported my PRE profile the bookmarks came in but no thumbnails and they dont refresh when you load the page as per the PRE.
    - Generally Google syncs well for me I've only seen one issue where 2.5 hour meeting synced to the TP as 1 hour.

I've had the TP since Friday
    I was on crackle.com last night watching a movie with my headphones plugged in. I noticed audio came from the speakers and through my headphones. I noticed it does that for the music player too. Anyone else experience this? It did this with my solo HD beats and Apple headphones
    Mr Hyde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I've got a network hang that showed up often. Basically, my TouchPad stops talking to the internet. Turning airplane mode on and then off seems to fix it. I've tried using two different wifi access points (one N and one G) with the same result.

I originally thought it had something to do with running an app in the Mojo emulator, but that just turned out to be coincidence. Is there a way that I can figure out what's going on before I contact HP?

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by szavala View Post
    I've run into this a few times since Thursday night, July 7th. I believe the only things I changed or installed prior to this happening were "Speed Forge Extreme" and "3D Pool Master HD" from the app catalog. I'm not saying that either of these programs are what caused it, but those are my only changes that night before this problem started to come up. Seems that on my Touchpad everything hangs with data except the web browser. A reboot, airplane mode or turning wifi off and on will fix.
    I've been getting this at least a couple of times a day lately and any action that "resets” WiFi seems to fix it. To me the issue seems to act like the TP is losing the local DNS server since WiFi is still active, but browser and web based apps all give “unavailable” type messages.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Bug report: Memo doesn't launch if quickoffice is open.
    Last edited by doctj; 07/11/2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Added an event on TP using Calendar app, on my Google calendar, but it does not appear when looking at Google calendar via web interface, even after selecting Sync Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wylis76 View Post
    I am not sure if this is by design but I have noticed on the TouchPad where the battery indicator sometimes will stay green and look to be fully charged when it actually is not. I have attached a screenshot of the condition. I also saved the logs and can provide them to HP support if needed.
    this is by design -- webos has done this since the beginning the UI returns a slightly different value then the actual battery percent. This is done i believe because the charging circuitry cycles the battery from 95 percent through 100 percent and back again to save degredation of the battery. they did not want anal retentive people like me complaining that the phone was not staying at 100 percent all the time so the UI returns 100 percent for any value above 95 -- also li-ion batteries suffer from a more rapid discharge at the bottom end and i believe the ui returns different numbers to make the discharge seem more steady...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Added an event on TP using Calendar app, on my Google calendar, but it does not appear when looking at Google calendar via web interface, even after selecting Sync Now.
    this was a common problem with the pre 2 when it first came out but seems to be fixed now (either by HP or by ubercalendar patch --i am not sure which) -- this is unacceptable and i hope it is fixed promptly since hp is not constrained by working through verizon
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm having the same problems with Exhibition mode on the TouchPad as I do in webOS 2.1. Stuff will do just great for a little while and then lockup/freeze and not go any further. I've been running Facebook Exhibition and its awesome for about 15-30 minutes. Then, it never moves past the last status it has on the screen. Also, the Facebook app itself doesn't want to load correctly after I come out of Exhibition mode and I have to reboot TouchPad to fix it. I've had these issues on Pre Plus, Pre2 and on Veer with webOS 2.1 running Exhibition apps like Twithibition, Weather, etc. The only way to fix them is to go into Exhibition preferences and turn off the one causing you trouble and then turn it back on again which somehow resets the App back. Really hope they get this fixed..
    Plantronics BackBeat 903 bluetooth headset volume controls do not work with the TouchPad music app. They do work with the Pre music player.
    I just noticed that the TP Backup to PalmProfile function does not backup the LauncherPad "Favorites" I set. WebBrowser Favorites are restored but not the shortcut in the Launcher. Would be nice to have this.
    And again: My Just Time search engines are also not backuped, so I do have to readd about 10 search engins again....ahhh
    The Volume Controls are buggy.

First Bug: I have not been able to reproduce. It only happened one time. I have the App "Children's Piano" and my 18mo loves it. I turned it on for him the other day and it was really loud, so I used the volume buttons on top to turn it down, worked fine. A few hours later that same day and I started the app for him again and this time next to no sound was coming out of the speakers. It was very soft. I tried using the volume control buttons, no luck, turning it up all the way did nothing. I tried power cycling the TP. still no help. Finally I launched "AudiophileHD" the sound in it was really soft as well, so without thinking about it I used the buttons to turn it up. This time the volume bars had the music symbol in front of the bars. Went back into "Children's Piano" and it was loud again. I tried turning it down inside "Children's Piano" and noticed the volume bars had the Bell icon in front (it was turning down system sounds, not music volume.) I have rebooted since then and now within "Children's Piano" the volume buttons work correctly and change the Music Volume.

Second Bug: This one is reproducable over and over. App: "Waterloo: Tank Assault" Problem: There is no way to mute the game. I tried playing last night while the wife was sleeping. I could not mute the game, ended up holding my arm over the speakers. While playing the game if you use the volume buttons on top the game will get softer; but will not go silent. In a room with any background noise you basically can not hear it. Hold it up to your ears though, or play in a silent room while someone is trying to sleep and all you hear are the explosions and shells being launched. I tried turning the sound all the way down, no help, tried selecting "Mute Sound" from the system drop down menu, no help. In "Sounds & Ringtones" I tried turning the Volume all the way down, no help, turned Ringtone Volume all the way down, no help, turned off system sounds, no help, turned off keyboard clicks, no help. Finally I hit the top kill switch and turned off all sounds. Guess What. Still heard those shells launching and exploding. No help. There is NO WAY to mute the game.
  20. GB1
    A few Email issues:

Bug 1 Added my Yahoo account and when viewing the Sent folder, instead of showing the recipients' names, the TP shows my name for each email (I know that I sent it... it should show the person I emailed). My Palm Pre (1) does it correctly.

Bug 2 After sending an email via Yahoo on my TP, it does not register in the Sent folder, either on my TP or any other computer. Again, my Palm Pre does. The TP apparently isn't communicating properly w/ the Yahoo server.

Nit 1 Doesn't seem to be any way to remove the "Sent by .. TouchPad." You can remove this on the Palm Pre.