Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I would like to get log files from a device that experiences this issue.
    Tell me how to get a log file and I"ll get you one next time it happens.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm totally bummed last night i tried opening an email from my sister it was a video of my new nephew. The email was through msn it did not open or play video so i closed it out i also closed the email app out which had about 28 emails in it. When i reopened the email app a couple minutes later my msn folder was empty i closed out again and left it for a while to do things on my TP but it seemed sluggish about an hour later went back to email still no emails showing up in folder. I decided to shut the TP down completely after turning it back on it stayed on the pulsating HP logo and hasnt come back on. I tried resetting by holding the power and card button to no avail it still stays on the hp logo. I left it doing that all night hoping it would turn on but when i woke up still a pulsating logo and my tp was very hot. i was able to get it into usb mode and tried the webOS doctor but it failed and keeps failing. So is it time to call tech support or do i just take it back to best buy because i did buy insurance for it the only problem with taking it back is i sent the upc to hp for my 50 dollar rebate any help would be greatly appreciated i'm a day 1 pre- owner and love my tp but hope i just got a bum tp also the only other problem ive had was going to Sony PS3 News, cheats, reviews & more which is a ps3 website my TP would restart on its own with a quick 10 second restart which i reproduced many times.
    Last edited by ram5772; 07/08/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    Tell me how to get a log file and I"ll get you one next time it happens.
    To grab log files do the following steps

1. Reproduce the issue
    2. Launch Device Info
    3. Select menu
    4. Tap on Diagnostics
    5. Select menu
    6. Tap on Collect logs
    7. Quick log create

Then contact him and he'll provide an email address to send the log file to.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    I've got a network hang that showed up often. Basically, my TouchPad stops talking to the internet. Turning airplane mode on and then off seems to fix it. I've tried using two different wifi access points (one N and one G) with the same result.

I originally thought it had something to do with running an app in the Mojo emulator, but that just turned out to be coincidence. Is there a way that I can figure out what's going on before I contact HP?

Gary
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Comcast email uses POP3, which only supports downloading emails from the inbox (no other folders). Your Outlook is probably configured to delete emails from the server inbox after it downloads them. You may want to turn off "sync server to device" in the preferences on the Touchpad, or enable the "leave messages on server" option for the account in Outlook.
    Thanks so much for your help! That fixed the problem.
    Several bugs:

In the App Catalog as well as Facebook, while scrolling though a list, putting your finger down will not stop the scrolling. Normally it should stop.

I was in the included Messaging app signed into AIM and sometimes messages would not send when I hit Enter. They just stayed there in the text box. Switching to another convo and back would remedy this.

I have also experienced a random restart (short one, probably Luna) flicking a youtube card off the screen.
    I created two Skype accounts so I can test the feature on my new TouchPad.
    One client is a Windows7 client and the other the TouchPad ofcourse.

The issue happens within the call, so start the call. I don't think it matters who starts it.

Then, from the Touchpad, hit the Audio button so it turns blue. The Audio goes away. Then hit it again so it goes back to dark gray. Audio doesn't resume.

End the call on the TouchPad and redial. It works again.
    Quote Originally Posted by southbaypalm View Post
    Some of this may have been posted, sorry if that is the case.

In the e-mail client,I experience the following.

1. The 'Accounts' column is blurry. And not just a bit, but really irritatingly so. The other columns, e.g. 'Inbox' and the actual e-mail are crisp and clear

2. Sometimes when clicking on an e-mail in the 'Inbox' the email header (to, subject, etc.) will populate but the body message will not. Sometimes can fix by hitting "forward" button or closing and opening the email client again....sometimes takes multiple tries and this problem occurs EVERY time I use email.

3. Sometimes certain emails in the 'Inbox' are not selectable. Even if I choose that email, the content that is displayed in a different email. This is currently happening with a particular email and no matter what I do, I can't get the content to display. (displays fine in Outlook on my computer as well as the web portal for my email client) EDIT: if I hit "forward" the proper content then displays in the forwarded email....but still will not display back in the main email program.
    Ok.
    I have found out the "cause" of #1 above.
    I have a lot of folders and sub-folders in my Exchange account. When the Exchange email account folders are expanded everything in column one gets blurry.
    I am guessing this is because some of the sub-folders extend beyond the width of the first column.

Expanding my other email folders does not cause this same problem. And once I close the Exchange expansion, everything goes back to being clear again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I have the same issue, but both when working and idle-- came home to a locked TP last night, after it had been sitting on the charger for about a day.

How many email accounts do you have, by chance?
    I now have 2 email accounts setup on my TP, but I already had the problem when I had just 1 email account setup.
    Browser issue- will not open UK National Lottery site.

Home | The National Lottery - home of Lotto, EuroMillions and Instant Wins Unable to load page error.

Ģ166 million rollover this Tuesday- will have to use the iPad to win it :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I've got a network hang that showed up often. Basically, my TouchPad stops talking to the internet. Turning airplane mode on and then off seems to fix it. I've tried using two different wifi access points (one N and one G) with the same result.

I originally thought it had something to do with running an app in the Mojo emulator, but that just turned out to be coincidence. Is there a way that I can figure out what's going on before I contact HP?

Gary
    I've run into this a few times since Thursday night, July 7th. I believe the only things I changed or installed prior to this happening were "Speed Forge Extreme" and "3D Pool Master HD" from the app catalog. I'm not saying that either of these programs are what caused it, but those are my only changes that night before this problem started to come up. Seems that on my Touchpad everything hangs with data except the web browser. A reboot, airplane mode or turning wifi off and on will fix.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have a weird email bug.

I have two hotmail accounts on my TP. let's call them account A and account B

account B will always bring me my email and works fine.

account A will ONLY give me my email immediately after i turn the TP off and then back on. after that, no more email from account A. i can refresh, re-input my login credentials, etc but I get no more mail. I turn the TP off and then back on, then I get mail again, but only then.

weird.
    Internet connection issues may be caused by security setting? wifi-stopped-had-do-hard-reset

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I had not had any issues until I started streaming a movie via Crackle.com. Movie would start fine, then just stop and I could not restart. Closing browser and restarting movie would only work for a few seconds up to a few minutes, then movie would just stop again.

Jumped into wireless router (Netgear WNR3500) settings. Security was set to WPA2. Changed security to WPA.

After TP reconnected, streaming is now working fine.
    TP specs state compatibility with WPA2, yet there seems to be an issue with it.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebymike1111 View Post
    I have only had this issue when I have been using flash heavily? do you see this pattern as well or no?

especially sites like yahoo or youtube.
    yes flash is the culprit. ALso try turning flash off/on and it will almost immediately reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    TP specs state compatibility with WPA2, yet there seems to be an issue with it.
    +1 here
    ksevern likes this.
    no visual feedback when changing volume in youtube full screen mode

ever annoying calender issues:
    no autosync with google calender
    when scrolling to next week, it always starts at 00:00 and needs some time to find out current time
    no day list when entering a date, just the date (how should know what day the 24th of october is?)
    no weeknumbers
    the ueberkernel calender patch for the phone had all I bīneed, why canīt we have it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    That's the message I get every time I disconnect my TP from my laptop. I always eject the TP from my laptop first just the USB eject...wait a while and then disconnect the TP via the USB cable. Doesn't matter how long I wait it seems that when I eject the TP under windows the TP never recognises this so it thinks that I just yanked the USB cable!
    I found this issue too if I used the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" from the taskbar. I have had no issue if you use the "Eject" option when viewing the TP in Windows Explorer.
    I am unable to make use of citrix receiver outside of the company network. I keep getting missing required library ssl error 6. One other option I had was vpn into the network but I am unable to vpn into a sonicwall firewall. Still waiting for a level 3 engineer to contact me regarding these two issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The folder has to contain something when you delete it for it to disappear.

1. Recreate the folder
    2. Add a file back to the folder
    3. Delete the folder via USB mode
    4. Check to see if the folder still shows up.
    This worked for me and got rid of my annoying empty albums, thanks!
    When I try to go to any website, the status bar often stops at the exact same spot right before the web address input bar. I then have to re-enter the webpage and try to load it again.

Any video I watch on youtube, Khan Academy, or Crackle.com stops loading at certain intervals. I then have to restart the video.

I dont think this is an issue with my internet connection because I don't have this problem on my laptop. I have tried turning the device on and off and have tried the hard reset with no luck.