Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    2. When sending an email, tapping on the notification for sending email brings you to the first email account in the list. It should bring you to the outbox of the message you're sending
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    3. There is no way to paste into the "TO" field when sending an email unless there is already a character in that field.
    HP has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by Bodob View Post
    I had the same problem, so I took all the music out of the "music" folder and put it in the main folder, then it all showed up in the music app.
    I tried that and it still didn't find all of the music files. It was also skipping some files in a directory, and keeping others, so if a album was supposed to have 12 songs, sometimes it would show up in the music player as only having 5, or sometimes it wouldn't show up at all, but the next album in another directory would be ok.
    Also, is there a way to display the file names of the images and videos? If a thumbnail of the video isn't shown, it's difficult to determine what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbecot01 View Post
    my problem wasnt with the pdf per se, but with downloading them (or word or powerpoint).

oddly enough the site had sample files to test browser compatibility that downloaded fine... But the actual files I wanted would hang when I tried to download them.

the download pane opens showing the file with an icon for it and a button that says download. If you tap the download button a status bar flashes for a split instant, and the download button comes back. The icon next to the file for pdf or word or whatever also changes to a gray square with a down arrow in it. yi can repeat as many times as I want with no change (and restarting doesnt help...tech chat made me do it three times now)

kind of sucks, I have had a couple other link on that site (strayer.edu) that dont work on here. The only site that I HAVE to use :-(

had no problems getting them with laptop
    I would like to get a log file from a device experiencing this issue. Below you will find the steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Select Menu
    3. Go into diagnostics
    4. Select Menu
    5. Click on collect logs
    6. Email logs to me (send me a private message for email address)

Reproduce the issue then collect the log files and contact me for the email address.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel6381 View Post
    Cisco Clean Access Failure To Launch

Steps taken to reproduce:
    1. Connect to my company's open wireless network
    2. Connect via VPN using Cisco AnyConnect Client
    3. Open Web Browser to launch Clean Access <- Results in the message below.

From what I've been able to learn from my network administrator and obviously the message above, a JVM is required.

I have posted on the forums about this issue and have tried contacting HP via Twitter. I would like to push webOS here at work but not being able to access the network is a big issue. HP can contact me for further information
    I would like to get a log file after you have experienced this issue. Below you will find the steps.

1. Launch Device Info
    2. Select Menu
    3. Go into diagnostics
    4. Select Menu
    5. Click on collect logs
    6. Email logs to me (send me a private message for email address)

Reproduce the issue then collect the log files and contact me for the email address.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Gmail has stopped syncing today. It was working fine since I picked up the TouchPad on 7/1. I have it configured to sync as new email arrives. My Exchange email syncs fine. Reboots do not help.

Clicking on the top left email menu/about this folder sub menu within the email app while Google inbox is selected states "Updated 5:46 PM", yet the last email displayed is time stamped at 9:57am, and I have received multiple emails after that time.

I don't know how to get this "unstuck". I seem to recall the very same issue hitting the Palm Pre way back as a result of one of the many OTA updates. I think there was one email that was causing the issue, and once deleted it started syncing again. I am going to try deleting one email at a time to see if that clears it up.

Update: that did not help, so moving to plan B (remove Gmail from accounts, and add back in)

Update2: problem got worse. No emails appear at all now. It did, however, fix a problem I was having with not all google contacts syncing. This is like the wack-a-mole game.

Update3: If this does not start working again I will have no choice but to visit the WebOS doctor. If anyone at HP is monitoring this thread and can confirm there is a known issue it would be appreciated.

Update4: So I packed up at work and headed home, all the while traveling underground (no WiFi in the NYC Subway). I get home, power up the TouchPad, connect to my home WiFi network and KAPOW, Google email is working again with latest emails all synced up. What the heck is going on?
    OK, so I have definitely discovered the issue here.

Today I came to work and the Gmail sync stopped working again. So I switched the WiFi network to use my Pre via FreeTether, and the email synced again.

So I know what you're thinking, my corporate firewall must be blocking Gmail for some reason. However, when I connect to the same corporate network with my Pre there is no issue.

I went to check the low level settings on my Pre for Gmail and can observe the incoming mail server name, username, password, encryption method, and port#. I can also see the outgoing mail server configuration options as well. However, there appears to no longer be a way to view the same info on the TouchPad, so I can't compare the two.

My current Pre gmail settings that work in the corporate network are:
    • Incoming: imap.gmail.com, encryption=SSL, Port=993
    • Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com, useauthentication=true,encryption=SSL, port=465

My hunch is that one or more of the default settings for Gmail on the TouchPad are different than those of my Pre, and are incompatible with one of my corporate firewall rules.

Without the ability to view or change these settings like on the Pre, I have no way to confirm this is the root cause and if it is, no way to change the settings to match that of my Pre.

Please fix this. This will impact the acceptance of the TouchPad for your enterprise customers.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by WhammChalk View Post
    The only bug I've come across is a blank notification pop up. It's the same notification rectangle that you see when you power off the TouchPad, except it's blank.

I had the Facebook App open, 3 browser cards, an email card, the Spaz HD card, and the HP App Catalog in card view. When I would want to open another browser card, it would pop up with a blank notification every time. I'm quite positive that all it was saying is that I couldn't open another browser card.
    I had this happen to me as well. I don't remember exactly what I had open, but it definitely included Spaz HD, multiple browser cards, and perhaps e-mail and/or the HP App Catalog. I would get the blank notification and everything would crawl to a halt. I could get the notification to dismiss by tapping it, but sometimes it took several taps to dismiss. I did get a screenshot of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Also, is there a way to display the file names of the images and videos? If a thumbnail of the video isn't shown, it's difficult to determine what it is.
    Yes, that Photos & Video doesn't show the video file name is unexpected and seems like a bug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi HardBeatz!

Not sure if this has already come up or not. I'm getting a short restart (Luna I assume) ocassionally when closing the browser. I've had three instances of this so far. I grabbed the log right after it happened this morning. Would you like me to send you the log?

Otherwise I'm loving the TouchPad! We're inseparable
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    Hi HardBeatz!

Not sure if this has already come up or not. I'm getting a short restart (Luna I assume) ocassionally when closing the browser. I've had three instances of this so far. I grabbed the log right after it happened this morning. Would you like me to send you the log?

Otherwise I'm loving the TouchPad! We're inseparable
    I have sent you a private message. In short yes we want the log files.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

A possible issue we have run across concerns the use of Outlook email on the Touchpad. The email works fine on the touchpad. However, when email is accessed by another computer, all emails in the folders (inbox, sent mail, etc…) of the Touchpad disappear and cannot be seen. The emails are still in Outlook and can be seen by another computer, but cannot be seen by the touchpad.

We also have a Yahoo account that works fine, but does not have this problem.
    The Outlook account is accessed via Comcast through both Touchpad and the other computer.

This happens every time another computer access outlook email. Has anyone else run across this problem?

Thanks !
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I learned twice. If you are waiting for all your apps to download after a reset, and the app catalog has not downloaded yet, don't go into the Software Manager and try and tap on an app. It will force a luna restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Wrong. webOS supports javascript: uris in web pages. You just can't use them as bookmarks or type javascript directly in the url bar.
    OK I'm glad they're supported in links, but not being able to use bookmarklets is nearly as unforgivable.
    BUG: when pressing 'back' button on browser to go to previous page, upon returning, the page does not return to the original scroll position but rather goes back to the top of the page.

Most evident using forums or ebay when you have long pages with lists that scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbfreeheel View Post
    BUG: when pressing 'back' button on browser to go to previous page, upon returning, the page does not return to the original scroll position but rather goes back to the top of the page.

Most evident using forums or ebay when you have long pages with lists that scroll.
    Same behavior goes in the Software Manager. You could be working your way down the list and leave a review on an app and when you return, takes you to the top of the list again rather than where you left off alphabetically. Drives me nuts!
    AMR-1 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    Unfortunately that means that you can load the device in the bag but not use it actually, since the flap is falling in front of the TP, while it would be hanging in the back the other way around (In landscape mode).
    Probably a hardwarething they won´t be changing
    If you mean by "bag," the TouchPad case, I just flap it behind the TouchPad and put it on the Touchstone. It still charges, though I don't know if it affects the charge time at all.
    Files copied to the TouchPad don't show up properly (at all).

• Copied a text file to the root of the USB drive (to import in an app).
    • Ejected the TouchPad. Received no errors.
    • Opened the app and could not find the text file. Couldn't find it in Quickoffice either.
    • Thought it was an application problem and eMailed developer.
    • A short while later, I took a screenshot.
    • The image did NOT appear in the photos app.
    • I connected to USB, and a Screenshots folder was present and the screenshot file was in the folder.
    • I pulled the cable out (did NOT eject it).
    • I received the "ouch that hurts" message.
    • A few seconds later, I notice that the Screenshots folder with my images is now visible in the photos app.
    • I go back to the app I was working with earlier, and it sees my text file now too (as does Quickoffice).

• Tonight, I connected USB and copied three MP3s to a Music folder I created.
    • Ejected the device, and received no errors.
    • Music app would not find/see my MP3s.
    • I re-connected to make sure they were still there, and they were.
    • I pulled the cable (did NOT eject it).
    • Recieved the "ouch that hurts" message.
    • As soon as the music app re-appeared, it found my MP3s and listed them perfectly.

It seems like I have to hurt it to get it to see files I've copied over! Anyone else notice this? The system I'm connecting to is running Windows 7, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierratop View Post
    A possible issue we have run across concerns the use of Outlook email on the Touchpad. The email works fine on the touchpad. However, when email is accessed by another computer, all emails in the folders (inbox, sent mail, etc…) of the Touchpad disappear and cannot be seen. The emails are still in Outlook and can be seen by another computer, but cannot be seen by the touchpad.

We also have a Yahoo account that works fine, but does not have this problem.
    The Outlook account is accessed via Comcast through both Touchpad and the other computer.

This happens every time another computer access outlook email. Has anyone else run across this problem?

Thanks !
    Comcast email uses POP3, which only supports downloading emails from the inbox (no other folders). Your Outlook is probably configured to delete emails from the server inbox after it downloads them. You may want to turn off "sync server to device" in the preferences on the Touchpad, or enable the "leave messages on server" option for the account in Outlook.
    daniela likes this.
    I have the problem that my TouchPad is randomly freezing. So now and then it just freezes and the screen is dead. Never when I'm working on it, but always when it's sleeping. I can tell it's still on because of the notification LED, but the only thing I can do is restarting it with the home en lockbutton. It happens quite often unfortunatly. I saw somebody else having this problem too in this thread. But do others have this problem? And do they have it often, like me?
    Anyone else experiencing autocorrect/text assist working on and off?