1.    #1  
    From end-user's point of view, which will compair the Touchpad to the iPad 2 anyway.

1) Language support? iPad 2 is global, because is speaks in almost all imaginable languages. For example, I do need a non-latin virtual keyboard. Is there any?

2) Media streaming? I think it's a big deal for many consumers. I want darn "AirPlay", it's natural for a "wire-free" device.

3) Ok, flash is enabled and works mostly fine. What about face-camera support in flash?

4) I haven't used any TouchPad yet, but I'm already annoyed by horizontal bounces of a webpages beeng already scaled to fit the screen (100% width). Why?

5) Since the TouchPad is targeted as a multitask monster
    a) the web-browser does't have any tabs but new cards in stack. It's fine, but how can I switch between the "tabs" by one tap? I think that's a normal thing to desire on web-consuming-oriented-device (which the TouchPad, I believe, is)
    b) If I'm running like even 10 apps, how can I get a better picture of apps I'm currently running? I mean 3 (partially) cards at a time isn't that much for true multitasking. Even iOS has the row of 7 icons to choose without any swiping (scrolling). Android 3.0 has 5, I think. Why cards minimizing feature has gone with the version 2 of WebOS?

6) Again, web-browser. What about bookmark syncing? Opening a last closed "tab" (card)? Session manager? Does scrolling within iFrames work (maps.google)? Searching within a webpage? Where the start-page full of bookmarks' previews?

7) Settings. The design of full-screen page with ridiculously scaled UI elements? Do I really need a full-screen page for filling a few fields for a new event in Calendar app, for example? Why just don't utilize the whole screen space combining all the settings in one app? Or in-app settings, that doesn't require much space, preview as a pop-up window (like some 3rd-party apps does)? That just leaves an impression of bad design (visually and logically).
    Last edited by mrkvs; 07/01/2011 at 05:54 AM.
    I definitely agree with #2...DLNA shouldve been incorporated.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I am disappointed with browser based on feedback from those who got it.

it doesn't seem to remember passwords, typing on this type of devices should be as minimum as possible, asking users to remember those passwords and type them frequently is just not good. Its tolerable on the Pre because I don't go to secured site that often, but touchpad gonna be a main web device for a lot of people, this is a basic feature.

Syncing, in page search, as mentioned above, are important as well.

It seems a very old webkit core, I mean, webkit got 100 on ACID3 2 years ago, I am not saying acid3 is important, but that does seem to suggest a very old webkit code in webOS.

PS. somebody mentioned iframe works.
    I have been ranting about the loss of the minicards for a while. How the hell is one supposed to know where you are? Just keep scrolling til you get there? That is the most painful time waster I have ever seen.

another thing, apps now open to the right of whatever app happens to be centered at the time, so if there is more than a couple apps,the last one just gets lost in there somewhere. Endless scrolling trying to find the right app.

I complained to palm about this, but of course this gets lost too. It would be such an easy fix, just bring back the minicards, even icons will do. Totally agree with the op on this.
  5.    #5  
    Right, password/account manager for the browser is essential for most people as well.
    You know, it's sad. I was so much in love with webOS when I got my Pre+ back in december. I see how other companies are moving on, but not HP with this product. Nokia showed N9 and this was wow even for webOS fan like me. I wanted that phone (there is Opera for it!), more than Pre 3, unfortunately. Now I look at the Touchpad and realize, that I want the iPad 2, with an exception, that I'll never buy a tablet without flash and decent browser. I don't really care about TTS since NFC is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I definitely agree with #2...DLNA shouldve been incorporated.
    DLNA would have made things much easier and opened the door to better reviews, but then I'd rather wait then have something Half Baked. S

Either way, I'm still buying my 32gb TouchPad today! Sorli...
    There's no way in hell I'd want a tablet to remember my passwords. If it gets stolen, someone can log into all your favorite sites and cause havoc. I really hope nobody has their passwords remembered for banking sites, that would be sheer lunacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    There's no way in hell I'd want a tablet to remember my passwords. If it gets stolen, someone can log into all your favorite sites and cause havoc. I really hope nobody has their passwords remembered for banking sites, that would be sheer lunacy.
    Someone is going to say that you should put a password on your tablet so it cant be used...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Do you do online banking? If you do, you will know most, if not all online banking site do not allow passwords to be remembered by browsers.

And for that size, touchpad is no more attractive than any other tablets or ultraportable computers, and all of those have browsers that remember passwords.

Your excuse is really meaningless, nobody is suggeting you HAVE TO use it.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    considering a good number of smartphones will remember your passwords , I cant see why it cant be done on a tablet. Banking sites or sites that store very important information will never remember your password in any case