1.    #1  
    Got the new Touchpad. When I try to launch the Amazon Kindle, it pops up an app with the message....

============
    kindle beta

Thank you for downloading Kindle. We're working hard to bring you the best apps for your HP Touchpad!

Kindle is coming very soon. Keep this app installed on your device and we will send you a notification through Software Manager as soon as it becomes available.
    ============

I've gone into Software Manager and gone to the App Catalog, but can't find any update. The version on my Touchpad is v 0.10.485994.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    think engadget is who had this, its not quite ready expect an update fairly soon. Hopefully before canada starts getting it.
    Hopefully it gets a day one update
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am getting the same error message. From what I understand, the version that was used and available to reviewers prior to today could have been a beta version of the software.

On another note note, when viewing Pivot, you can download a place holder for the HP Moviestore which displays a similar message.
    this has to be fixed on day one. Its just hard to believe its not ready by now.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, seems like they are targeting alot of updates by the canada launch~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Wait, so the kindle app does not work yet? It just launches a splash screen that sais it will be updated soon?

Am I right that it does not work?

Thanks,

-Gromet
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, seems like they are targeting alot of updates by the canada launch~!
    Wishful thinking. HP never said anything about having stuff updated for Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    Wait, so the kindle app does not work yet? It just launches a splash screen that sais it will be updated soon?

Am I right that it does not work?

Thanks,

-Gromet
    It launches and runs... It's just very buggy and may actually stop working after a while.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Ronlongo, you may still be using the old Amazon Kindle application. When I checked my app manager I was prompted to download the latest software for a few applications that are not up to date.
    My guess is the devices in stores were flashed before the application was ready, reviewers were obviously able to get bets versions of some applications. HP wil likely be pushing out day one updates.this is similar to what goes on with new video games and consoles
  12. chi
    Bump... anyone know if there will be further developments with the Kindle app? I have a few books I'd like to read.
  13. apd
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    Bump... anyone know if there will be further developments with the Kindle app? I have a few books I'd like to read.
    There is a working Kindle app, albeit only available in the US (you will have to sideload it if you live elsewhere).
  14. chi
    Yea, I downloaded the Kindle beta app in the store but it was really buggy. When I opened a book and flip thru the pages, I eventually get a blank white page and nothing else.

SOLVED: So, I uninstalled it then re-installed it. Didn't work. Last night I was troubleshooting why my video folder wouldn't show new videos in the library. So I uninstalled "Muffle System Logging" and reinstalled it. After several reboots, now the Kindle seems to work.
    Last edited by chi; 09/08/2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Try rebooting - that usually takes care of it for me. (Rebooting the entire Touchpad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Try rebooting - that usually takes care of it for me. (Rebooting the entire Touchpad)
    Yeah, that works, but it's really annoying.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  17. apd
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    Yea, I downloaded the Kindle beta app in the store but it's really buggy. When I open a book and flip thru the pages, I eventually get a blank white page and nothing else. Then I have to close it and reopen it. Then again, the blank white page. Driving me nuts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but problems persist.
    I found the v0.11... version of the app really buggy. The earlier version (v.0.10...) is much better.