1.    #1  
    Looks like it might be easy to change your system sounds. Most notable sounds I found were these:

battery_full.mp3
    battery_low.mp3
    boot.mp3
    charging.mp3
    error.mp3
    shutdown.mp3
    tap_to_share.mp3

/usr/palm/sounds/

The rest of the system sounds are in /usr/share/systemsounds/ but they are in pcm format.

Just wanted to point these out in case anyone is interested in experimenting. I'm kinda limited by the Emulator here...
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/03/2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  2.    #2  
    bump.

Waiting for someone to play around with these files.
    was Able to change boot sound but not Battery full or panel... Didn't try the others
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTopFreak View Post
    was Able to change boot sound but not Battery full or panel... Didn't try the others
    also charging sound was able to change
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Well I know this is an old post, but figured I'd reply anyway. Got a TouchPad a couple of weeks ago to replace a G-Tablet (glad I did!). While the TP is dual boot, I gotta say I really love WebOS over Android. I've been messing around creating some pretty cool custom notification sounds, but can't seem to get the shutdown one replaced. Is there anywhere else it's stored? I copied my custom one into /usr/palm/sounds/ and can play it back from there, but it's not used when I shutdown the TP down. I found another folder with all .pcm sound files in it, including one named shutdown-ondemand.pcm. Is that the one actually used by the TP when it's shut down? TIA for any help!
    Quote Originally Posted by explor202 View Post
    Well I know this is an old post, but figured I'd reply anyway. Got a TouchPad a couple of weeks ago to replace a G-Tablet (glad I did!). While the TP is dual boot, I gotta say I really love WebOS over Android. I've been messing around creating some pretty cool custom notification sounds, but can't seem to get the shutdown one replaced. Is there anywhere else it's stored? I copied my custom one into /usr/palm/sounds/ and can play it back from there, but it's not used when I shutdown the TP down. I found another folder with all .pcm sound files in it, including one named shutdown-ondemand.pcm. Is that the one actually used by the TP when it's shut down? TIA for any help!
    I remember seeing from a script it's a .pcm file. Haven't checked whether it's a standard RIFF WAV file or plain PCM data.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I verified it is a pcm file. I copied it over to my PC but it's not playable with anything I have, so I can't determine how it's coded. I did manage to convert an mp3 over to wav then simply rename its extension, but the sound quality is pretty poor when played back on the TP.
    Last edited by explor202; 07/14/2012 at 10:44 AM.
  8.    #8  
    This thread may help you with converting your sound files to PCM.

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...tmf-audio.html
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Ooh, very nice. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Garrett92C Wow, just wanted to say thanks again for the pointer. Just tweaked the shutdown notification and is sounds awesome!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I've got most of the sounds converted that I want, but I'm still trying to locate the sound file that is played when the TP presents a menu, such as when plugging in the USB cable or when pressing the power button. I thought it was sysmgr_notification.pcm, but after modifying and replacing it, the same single tone is still played. Does anyone know which file I need to look for?
    I've got most of the sounds converted that I want, but I'm still trying to locate the sound file that is played when the TP presents a menu, such as when plugging in the USB cable or when pressing the power button. I thought it was sysmgr_notification.pcm, but after modifying and replacing it, the same single tone is still played. Does anyone know which file I need to look for?
    Try sysmgr_alert.pcm. It's the two-toned one.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Try sysmgr_alert.pcm. It's the two-toned one.
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I hear just a single tone when those two menus are displayed, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You were right on the money GMMan, that was the one. I am now asked in a rather sexy British female voice to "please select an option" when I long press the power button or plug in my USB cable. Thanks for the help!
    You were right on the money GMMan, that was the one. I am now asked in a rather sexy British female voice to "please select an option" when I long press the power button or plug in my USB cable. Thanks for the help!
    Hey explor202, it would be great if you can update your learnings here so that people can understand what file maps to what sound.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyan.dande@gmail.com View Post
    Hey explor202, it would be great if you can update your learnings here so that people can understand what file maps to what sound.

It's pretty simple really. I just read the first post and picked the sounds I wanted to customize. The majority of the sounds are self explanatory:

battery_full.mp3 tells you when the battery is full
    battery_low.mp3 I assumed would tell you when the battery is low. Unfortunately though that isn't the case. It appears that sysmgr_alert is used in place of battery_low.
    charging.mp3 tells you the battery is charging
    boot.mp3 tells you it's rebooting

I then changed shutdown-ondemand.pcm and sysmgr_alert.pcm to custom sounds for shutdown and the two menus (USB and Power button) using the guide posted by NachoB and rebooted. I added my customs sounds to a zip file, feel free to use them if you like
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by explor202; 07/22/2012 at 03:30 PM.
    It's pretty simple really. I just read the first post and picked the sounds I wanted to customize. The majority of the sounds are self explanatory:

battery_full.mp3 tells you when the battery is full
    battery_low.mp3 I assumed would tell you when the battery is low. Unfortunately though that isn't the case. It appears that sysmgr_alert is used in place of battery_low.
    charging.mp3 tells you the battery is charging
    boot.mp3 tells you it's rebooting

I then changed shutdown-ondemand.pcm and sysmgr_alert.pcm to custom sounds for shutdown and the two menus (USB and Power button) using the guide posted by NachoB and rebooted. I added my customs sounds to a zip file, feel free to use them if you like
    Wow how funny, here it is over 2 years later and I have another TP that I want to modify and I'm downloading my own old files (under a different nick, I was explor202).
    Last edited by paul1965; 09/15/2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1965 View Post
    Wow how funny, here it is over 2 years later and I have another TP that I want to modify and I'm downloading my own old files (under a different nick, I was explor202).
    And now I just remembered my old password
    You're both welcomed back! ;-)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is there a way to search or determine where the commands are for when to use a system sound? I would really like to change the low battery notification from the sysmgr_alert is currently uses. I've modified that one to say "please select an option" for use when plugging in the USB charger or long pressing the power button. It makes no sense to hear that when the battery is low.