Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Not a waste. You donated a dollar to folks who are working hard to improve your webOS experience.
    Technically 60 cents, but still not a waste either way.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Is this in the theme section on Preware for the Touchpad?
    Yes . You need the prethemer feed enabled. There are several glass effects listed, but only one is for the touchpad.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    I'm guessing I enable this somewhere inside the Preware Prefs? Sorry, new to WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I'm guessing I enable this somewhere inside the Preware Prefs? Sorry, new to WebOS
    Yes, just open Preware and tap the upper left corner and choose "manage feeds". Then enable the feeds you want. Press the back arrow (top left) and it will ask if you wish to update the feeds (choose yes).
    This is great - thanks.
    Just one thing - is there anyway to increase transparency a little bit more so we can see a little more of the wallpaper come through?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    easier way to install this. Enable themes in prepare. Search "glass effect touchpad" install it. I really love the look of it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I love this, thanks soooo much 100% nicer looking
    OK, I did everything stated above and I am not having any luck with this. I sent the 4 images to my touchpad in WebOS Quick Install, I turned on the prethemer feed, and installed the glass effect touchpad patch in preware. When I pull up the launcher I can see my background but it is so dark and not really glass like at all.

P.S. I also updated feeds and restarted device and luna.
    Last edited by RaggaJack; 08/29/2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Add Information
    The effect is more like dark tinted glass than windshield clarity. You're good to go if it looms like tint instead of the slate gray default.
    Thanks, but going off the pictures in the OP it looks nothing like that at all?
    got the glass suite for touchpad from prethemer; is that the right one?

Is there a way to control the settings? Like to make it less opaque?
    thanks to creater of this its awesome just what touchpad needed
    I enabled Prethemer in Preware. It installed diffstat and something else (Prethemer?) Rebooted. No change.

Sent the 4 files manually using webOSQuickInstall to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/. Rebooted. No change.

Can someone please post before and after pics? What am I missing?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    I enabled Prethemer in Preware. It installed diffstat and something else (Prethemer?) Rebooted. No change.

Sent the 4 files manually using webOSQuickInstall to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/launcher3/. Rebooted. No change.

Can someone please post before and after pics? What am I missing?

Thanks.
    Make sure your device is in developer mode. I would use preware to install, and make sure you get the touchpad version. If preware fails to install it gives you an error log that the smart folx (read: not me) can help troubleshoot. Also you may have to do a full device reboot instead of just a luna reboot.

Edit: If I remember correctly, for some reason the glass effect suite wouldn't install via QI, I had to use preware. QI worked for everything else, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Make sure your device is in developer mode. I would use preware to install, and make sure you get the touchpad version. If preware fails to install it gives you an error log that the smart folx (read: not me) can help troubleshoot. Also you may have to do a full device reboot instead of just a luna reboot.

Edit: If I remember correctly, for some reason the glass effect suite wouldn't install via QI, I had to use preware. QI worked for everything else, tho.
    Developer mode was on. Installed the glass theme for touchpad. Shutdown the TP and restarted. I'm afraid I don't see anything different! :-(

Is there an obvious way to tell the difference? Ideally, someone can post before & after pics.

Thanks
    Last edited by hemster; 08/31/2011 at 04:35 PM.
    The very first post had the after shots, I guess your tp will have the before...The cards that pop up are still grayish, but the launcher should be black, like a stained glass. You should be able to see your wall paper slightly.

This thread has close ups:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ect-suite.html

I'm hoping they do the entire line of colors like they did before so I can get my touchpad to match my phone menus which look like this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2741180-post39.html
    OK I got it working now. Not sure specifically what did it. I did install it again and rebooted, that worked.

This new look is awesome! Thanks to the OP!
    For those of you who want a lighter color tint to the glass effect, all you have to do is take the original files that were posted and change the transparency with a paint/photo editing software. I changed mine to 75% and it allows more of the background to shine through.

Then go ahead and transfer the files with WebOS Quick Install back to your touchpad and reset. n_n
    Much better! This should be the default from HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    A clear background looks pretty cool, but you'd need a mostly dark background...
    How do we get the clear ones ?

Is the install the same ?

Thanks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123