Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
Like Tree55Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Ok please show me where in the specs sheet it said this tablet will still not have a totally gpu accelerated interface at launch. Thanks.

    Secondly. I can find nowhere it says that you can't complain about the touchpad in these forums about the touchpad. Yeah maybe some people don't like the complaining. But unless they are a troll what is the harm in someone giving there honest opinion about what they don't like about the touchpad and what parts they wish could be better.

    Why do some people think this forum has to be a hpalm lovefest and anytime you say even one thing bad about a product or even mention that you think it could be improved upon you are a traitor-troll who should be burned at the stake.

    Just because something the way it is we should just accept it and not want for anything else?
    You seriously need to not be so defensive. Nowhere did I say that this should be an HP love fest or whatever. I'm not even particularly fond of HP overall myself.

    I have no problem with people being critical, as they rightly should be. What I can't stand is the incessant whining, not critiquing, but complaining over and over and over about the same thing. The non-stop bashing of people who disagree with popular opinion is also annoying too because there are some people on here who seem like they are drinking HP/Palm Kool-Aid and get a bit too self-righteous.

    What all this complaining and bashing leads to is deviance from the point of the original discussion, which is why it's annoying. No one wants to be reading or learning about a topic just to have replies degenerate into pointless arguing.
    Last edited by clayclay350; 07/01/2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    I am, therefore I think
  2. #42  
    The TouchPad sucks! I haven't even tried it yet and I know it's the worst product since the Motorola Razor! The stupid thing doesn't even iron my clothes!!! And now, every time I research the hardware, I keep hearing a voice saying kill! kill! kill! but after I stopped researching it, I still hear the voice so I don't it's the hardware anymore. Lol

    But on a more serious note, I'm really thinking about getting the TouchPad. I'm going to find one soon so that I can get my hands on it and put it through some dry runs to see how well it performs. I'm not expecting blazing, hiccup free speeds. I just want to see if it works for what I need it to do, just like my Sprint Pre minus that is still running on dialysis but still running nonetheless.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. zineesh's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #43  
    of all the reviews i have seen of the touchpad, the one made my blood boil was the one done by the Associated Press, by rachel metz
  4. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    You seriously need to not be so defensive. Nowhere did I say that this should be an HP love fest or whatever. I'm not even particularly fond of HP overall myself.

    I have no problem with people being critical, as they rightly should be. What I can't stand is the incessant whining, not critiquing but complaining non-stop over and over and over. The non-stop bashing of people who disagree with popular opinion is also annoying too because there are some people on here who seem like they are drinking the Kool-Aid.

    What all this complaining and bashing leads to is deviance from the point of the original discussion, which is why it's annoying. No one wants to be reading or learning about a topic but to have the replies degenerate into pointless arguing.
    well when you have members claiming all reviewers to be on apple's payroll and the touchpad has smooth performance comparable to the ipad and making exuses for lack of features(hardware and software), I wonder...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Reviews
    Every review I've seen about the Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+/Pre2/Veer(almost all) have been negative. Yet did you guys agree with those reviews? I'm guessing by your presence on this site you thought that the review was inaccurate. So why now do the reviews for the TouchPad hold more weight than any of the other reviews ever did before?
    Because they didn't listen to the last reviews and then they discovered through personal experience they were right?

    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Reasons the TouchPad "sucks"
    Weight
    Is a 3 ounce difference in weight noticable?
    It's a 4.32 oz difference or .27 lbs. More than a quarter of a pound is very noticeable in one hand after 30 minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Lag
    Are occasional software hiccups a big problem? Not to me, they are everywhere with everything (including my desktop computer and yes, even my fantastically, magically, awesome iPad). I've grown used to not having perfection, I don't understand why every demands it from HP.
    Having the device freeze on you for 10 seconds (as it did for some reviewers) or restart itself (again, as it did for some reviewers) is a big problem. The bigger issue, though, is that the other tablet leaders (iPad, Galaxy Tab 10.1) do not have those issues, so in comparison it's bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Do the pros of the TouchPad outweigh the pros of other tablets?
    >Synergy, beats audio, multitasking, touch to share, phone call/message forwarding, touchstone charging, compatibility between phone/tablet/computer (Just off the top of my head)
    Outweigh? no. But some of them are very nice features. I think the TouchPad is like EVERY other WebOS device: amazing potential, fantastic OS GUI, brilliant handling of multitasking but falls short in implementation and hardware.

    WebOS is the best GUI, hands down. Synergy is the best solution for contacts/email/etc, hands down. But the hardware this has all been put on is always behind the times and frequently faulty, and the implementation of the OS is too slow.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    well when you have members claiming all reviewers to be on apple's payroll and the touchpad has smooth performance comparable to the ipad and making exuses for lack of features(hardware and software), I wonder...
    That's exactly my point. These forum members are just as in the wrong as the ones constantly complaining because neither is contributing anything worthwhile to the discussions. What if a person who heard about webOS or the TP came across this site and some of these posts and saw all the rampant fan-boyism and constantly whining? This is the largest, and arguably the best, online webOS community but if I didn't know that I'd never come back to these forums. This place is becoming a mess.
    I am, therefore I think
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Exactly. TouchPad NEVER had video out, the fans were pulling at straws. Yes you can be mad about it, but you should of already gotten over it a few months ago.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    There was never a statement I heard or read from HP that said "The TouchPad will not have video out", but it's possible I missed it. Sure people were trying to find a way video out would be supported because it would be ludicrous to try to market the tablet without video out. HP has been totally silent on video out. The crazy thing is that according to Tim Pettit there have been multiple iterations of hardware since February 9th. How could something such as video out capability have been overlooked? It would have been downright stupid if they were revising hardware... yet, here it is. Missing a feature every major tablet in the last 2 years has launched with.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    If battery life isn't as good as the iPad 2 then apparently it sucks. From what I can gather, only the iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 have better battery. Josh from TIMN was actually toting that battery life was better than almost all the Honeycomb tablets he's used as well as the BB Playbook.
    Joshua Toposki said he didn't run battery test, he was doing a guesstimation.

    Engadget, however, ran a test.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Joshua Toposki said he didn't run battery test, he was doing a guesstimation.

    Engadget, however, ran a test.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    "
    Battery life

    So far in my testing, battery life seems outstanding on the TouchPad. While I haven’t yet had a chance to run our full suite of battery tests on the tablet, I can tell you that in day-to-day, very heavy use, it performed excellently. On a typical day of rigorous testing (app downloads, 3D gaming, Skype calls, lots of web browsing, constant email work, Twitter, messaging, and more), the TouchPad went from 9AM in the morning to 12AM that night and still had 20 percent of its battery life. In lighter use, I left the device off the charger for 3 days straight and still had plenty of juice. HP says that the tablet is capable of 8 hours of web browsing, 9 hours of video playback, and 3.4 days of audio playback, and those estimations seem right on to me. As with the iPad and some of the Honeycomb devices, you won’t be reaching for the dock constantly."


    Source: This Is My Next

    I think reflecting on real life use is more important than what a battery test shows but that's just me.
    Last edited by clayclay350; 07/01/2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added last sentence
    I am, therefore I think
  10. #50  
    I just read this article

    10 Best Apps for the TouchPad


    Not a single one of these apps got me excited to buy the Touchpad. And guess what? I'm not going to buy it. And almost entirely because of that FACT. The apps on the touchpad suck. I'm a huge fan of webOS, but I'm not going to spend $500 and then be bored with the thing because it can't do all the things my android phone can do. I miss webOS alot. I wish I could come back to it. But I am doing more for webOS than you are. You are making HP feel like it's ok to continue on the path that they are. I am telling them that its not ok. I am the RIM employee who released the scathing email to the public about why RIM is falling apart. You are the CEO's, burying your head in the sand, continuing on a path to your own demise.

    The OS is better than any other OS out there. Without developer support, that means nothing to me and 99% of the general public. If HP doesnt realize this, they are going to fall just like RIM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Joshua Toposki said he didn't run battery test, he was doing a guesstimation.

    Engadget, however, ran a test.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Yes, a "guesstimation" based what a user would actually do with the thing (all of which he describes in detail). I'll take that over most tests, especially from someone who is arguably one of the best tech reviewers on the net.

    So far the endgadget folks seem to be the only ones who couldn't get QuickOffice to load. Does that mean QuickOffice "doesn't load" on the TP, or was that a "guesstimation"?

    To put it another way, are you saying Topolsky would use such superlatives but have no idea what he's talking about?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    "
    I think reflecting on real life use is more important than what a battery test shows but that's just me.
    Everybody's real life usage is different, how is that gonna help a buyer to choose if battery is important to them?

    The engadget test result is right there for people to see, which is the responsible way for readers.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post

    So far the endgadget folks seem to be the only ones who couldn't get QuickOffice to load. Does that mean QuickOffice "doesn't load" on the TP, or was that a "guesstimation"?
    ?
    Why dont you read the post here and you will notice several ppl here already reported they can't open quickoffice.


    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Everybody's real life usage is different, how is that gonna help a buyer to choose if battery is important to them?

    The engadget test result is right there for people to see, which is the responsible way for readers.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    By reading what Josh wrote you would see that his use is probably heavier than or maybe equal to the average consumer. So if he's saying he gets great battery life with heavy use and excellent with light use, why should that not be taken into consideration?

    I think the bigger problem with battery life seems to be inconsistency. I've seen crazy discrepancies amongst dozens of reviewers. This could be attributed to different use but common experience shouldn't be as varied as it's being portrayed. That's worrying and problem due to memory leaks and software bugs. There is no excuse for mistakes like that when HP already has a huge hurdle to overcome in the tablet game.
    I am, therefore I think
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    By reading what Josh wrote you would see that his use is probably heavier than or maybe equal to the average consumer. So if he's saying he gets great battery life with heavy use and excellent with light use, why should that not be taken into consideration?.
    You missed the point.

    When users want to choose among tabs with best battery life, their question is 'which one is best', not 'which one is good enough'.

    A run down with what he did, without detailing how long he did what, doesn't help buyer who concerned about battery.

    Your anwser are really for people who already decided on a product and want to be relatively sure battery is fine.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by zineesh View Post
    of all the reviews i have seen of the touchpad, the one made my blood boil was the one done by the Associated Press, by rachel metz
    LOL I saw that too. It was ridiculous.
  17. #57  
    I bought a touchpad yesterday after reading all the reviews and it performed way better than I was led to believe.

    I guess I disagree with the reviews simply because they portrayed the touchpad as super buggy and clunky. I think it's pretty slick and the weight isn't an issue to me (i lift weights!). I don't do any photography or anything, but the touchpad works just like I expected; very smooth and easy. The browser is great (vimeo.com rocks on it) and I didn't experience any slow downs that ****ed me off.

    I am used to launching multiple apps and waiting for some to load. That is one of the trade offs of webos, many applications, but longer load times. Doesn't bother me.

    The touchpad is not an ipad. We all are still here because of webos and that is what you're buying when you get a touchpad.

    Apps will come and so will more features. And remember, we have webosinternals, so i'm sure we'll be getting some pretty cool patches here in the near future!
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You missed the point.

    When users want to choose among tabs with best battery life, their question is 'which one is best', not 'which one is good enough'.

    A run down with what he did, without detailing how long he did what, doesn't help buyer who concerned about battery.

    Your anwser are really for people who already decided on a product and want to be relatively sure battery is fine.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    The only person missing the point here is you. All I stated is that Josh's use is presumably akin to an average/heavy user. I say presume and not assume because he is a "professional reviewer" and a very busy guy who is constantly using technology for and because of his work; so based off of this information, one can make an educated guess.

    I also stated that battery life was reportedly inconsistent so I don't see how my answer is for people who made up their minds and need reassurance. I am openly addressing the issue.
    I am, therefore I think
  19. #59  
    You should step back and take wider look to see from where is coming all that rant - You see, TouchPad (for tech crowd) is not yet another tablet, made by unknown manufacturer, with some generic iteration of Android brought from total obscurity into the market to pick leftovers from the floor.
    No, we are led to believe that TouchPad is a webOS Phoenix device, a spear of army of future super - webOS devices, made by biggest tech company of today. First true HP device and personification of HP's vision of improved webOS, a pure demonstration of HP's scale, wealth, strength and engineer ingenuity. It's also HP's slam through big doors into the prosumer market. Looking on TP from that angle, reviewers get every aspect of TouchPad's exterior and interior under sharp observation, trying to find proof that their high expectations are justified. Their conclusion is real - nothing makes TouchPad better or even with market leaders, and I don't blame them not getting into detailed contemplation is Touchpad much worse than Ipad2 or just a little.
    HP willingly jumped into fight where every millimeter, gram and second counts, so it's natural that everything is measured.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    You should step back and take wider look to see from where is coming all that rant - You see, TouchPad (for tech crowd) is not yet another tablet, made by unknown manufacturer, with some generic iteration of Android brought from total obscurity into the market to pick leftovers from the floor.
    No, we are led to believe that TouchPad is a webOS Phoenix device, a spear of army of future super - webOS devices, made by biggest tech company of today. First true HP device and personification of HP's vision of improved webOS, a pure demonstration of HP's scale, wealth, strength and engineer ingenuity. It's also HP's slam through big doors into the prosumer market. Looking on TP from that angle, reviewers get every aspect of TouchPad's exterior and interior under sharp observation, trying to find proof that their high expectations are justified. Their conclusion is real - nothing makes TouchPad better or even with market leaders, and I don't blame them not getting into detailed contemplation is Touchpad much worse than Ipad2 or just a little.
    HP willingly jumped into fight where every millimeter, gram and second counts, so it's natural that everything is measured.
    Well said, fans will forgive a lot of things that objective buyers won't. I know i have bias and thats why i stick to my pre for all these years, but i also understand webOS is not gonna succeed just because fans can forgive flaws.

    Its a tough market, with premium price, hp is positioning the tab to be the best, only it comes up short in many important aspect.

    Its never about us, its about general tablet buyers. And thats where mistakes cost sales.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions