Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when I pair my pre and someone calls, I proceed to answer on my TP which also forces my phone to answer. Since both answer the caller gets a horrible echo. How can I stop this so just one answers?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    when I pair my pre and someone calls, I proceed to answer on my TP which also forces my phone to answer. Since both answer the caller gets a horrible echo. How can I stop this so just one answers?
    thanks
    Both answer however the Pre should be connected with bluetooth headset mode. When under bluetooth headset mode the pre should not be able to pick up sound at all. I'm not sure what else could cause the problem, maybe the touchpad volume turned up too loud? It is a big speakerphone after all.
  3.    #3  
    its pretty bad. Anyone else have any ideas.
    they aren't both answering. Plug in a headset and see if that stops the echo if the mic is picking up the speakers.
    How close are the two devices? Could both mics be picking up and transmitting your voice?

Try muting the phone in order to test. If this works, put your phone further away when paired.
    only one ,ic is active at a time. Put a headset on the TP and see if that stops the echo.
    I'm not suggesting that both mics SHOULD be active. Just giving a different test from yours as a potential "debug" method if yours is negative.

Occasionally, things don't work as they ought.
  8.    #8  
    there is no volume coming from the pre. I think it just does not work well yet
  9.    #9  
    Anyone else try this? Are you having issues when you make or receive a phone call?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I don't think you are hearing anything from the phone, I think the issue is the touchpad microphone picks up EVERYTHING.... people far away, distant noises, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  11.    #11  
    the caller hears a horrible echo. Ots broken and hope they fix it. It was broken on the walmart tp and the tp I just purchased
    my test call the other end hear an echo and said it was horrible. Sounded ok on my end.
  13.    #13  
    I just hope they fix it
    any news about this? I have same problem with my TP and pre 2......
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    yea me to horrible echo on the other end for e they sound fine
    same problem here too. I did mute phone and the other side still echoed. Pre 1 - 1.45.
    so i got a Pre 3, i have last webos version, and still i have this horrible echo problem...any suggestions?
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    tried the preware patch that mutes the phone fully volume wise, the "really silent ringer switch" patch?

havent tried myself yet but maybe that would mute the pre3 and the touchpad would act as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    tried the preware patch that mutes the phone fully volume wise, the "really silent ringer switch" patch?

havent tried myself yet but maybe that would mute the pre3 and the touchpad would act as usual.
    For what I understand I think that patch is working for another problem, not for mute the pre3 and for remove the echo....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    For what I understand I think that patch is working for another problem, not for mute the pre3 and for remove the echo....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    yeah but does it still solve this issue even tho its not meant for it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast