• 1 Post By sorli
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI...Link provided.

Take care,

Jay

Eight Cool Things About HP’s TouchPad Tablet
    Jun. 30 2011 - 9:03 am | 3,080 views

Eight Cool Things About HP’s TouchPad Tablet - Elizabeth Woyke - Mobilized - Forbes

HP senior VP and former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein introduces the TouchPad
    The various tablets hitting the market may be starting to blur together, but HP’s TouchPad, which goes on sale July 1, looks set to be a standout thanks to thoughtful details in its software and the way it interacts with smartphones.

The TouchPad’s launch will cap months of anticipation. Ever since HP acquired Palm last summer, there has been keen interest in a tablet running on Palm’s WebOS operating system. HP officially announced the device at an event at its Palo Alto, Calif. headquarters in February.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Rnp likes this.
    Nice points.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Interesting review and pretty open and refreshing perspective. One major aspect I think she missed was Multitasking, but maybe Multitasking seems so seamless that she forgot it was even there working in the background. Still a good article and review! Sorli...
    ilovedessert likes this.
    Maybe you hit the nail on the head, multitasking is so good on webOS that you forget it is there.

Or maybe others don't notice because they have developed habits to work with the quasi-multi-tasking of iOS or Android, so they don't even think of trying the real multi-tasking.

On webOS you can always put your app in a different card and assume it is not running - you would only notice the difference when using the inferior iOS or Android multitasking and realize you can't do something you can with webOS
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The magazine is somewhat irrelevant to me, and I have a hard time giving too much credit to HP for the Mail app without even having threaded messaging. That said, most of her other points are spot on. I absolutely adore what they've done with Exhibition and the openness of that platform. IF they open Touch to Share to more than simply the gimmick of web page passing, and they do it sooner than 6 months time, then that's going to be an amazingly great feature. Unfortunately, that and the phone pass through are two of my favorite things on that list but at the point in time are worthless to me if they don't manage to get a WebOS phone on sprint that isn't on its 3rd year of life.