Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I went and videoed the touchpad with my pre-

    I opened multiple cards, played music, flipped through photos....all at once. ZERO LAG!

    The only "hesitation" was I accidentally clicked the phone app and of course it searched for one but there was not one paired to it.

    Easily as smooth as the ipad that I have for work.

    vid link:
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    So I went and videoed the touchpad with my pre-

    I opened multiple cards, played music, flipped through photos....all at once. ZERO LAG!

    The only "hesitation" was I accidentally clicked the phone app and of course it searched for one but there was not one paired to it.

    Easily as smooth as the ipad that I have for work.

    vid link:
    no offense but use it for a week like these reviewers did before making a final conclusion. Im not saying your experience could be worse but its hard to make a great decision with a device after only 1-2 hours which is why reviewers get the device weeks in advance.
  3. #3  
    Then why is HP offering explanations for why it lags and promising an OTA to fix it?
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
  4. #4  
    It likely has memory leeks that build up over long periods of time that require reboots.
  5.    #5  
    the gizmodo review said "it lags just when scrolling through pictures"

    so I went and scrolled through pictures WITH MUSIC PLAYING, no lag

    hmmmmmmmm

    some reviews said the screen isnt responsive

    so I went and pressed a ton of buttons.....its responsive

    hmmmmmmmm


    just saying, I dont trust when motor trend says a vehicle is awful so why would I trust a few reviews on the tpad?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    LordSecksie likes this.
  6. #6  
    Wish you wouldve launched QuickOffice to see if it had the same issues that Engadget experienced.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  7. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #7  
    yeah, at the end of the day u have to try it for ureself to really see if the experience is for u.
    Software can and will always be better optimized over time. but i like what ive seen so far and i love the operating system so tom immma smile when UPS comes knockin'~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Wish you wouldve launched QuickOffice to see if it had the same issues that Engadget experienced.
    i thought about it, but i didnt wanna attempt any apps on video i wasnt very familiar with. I didnt wanna make the tpad look like it has problems when it was an ID10T error
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i thought about it, but i didnt wanna attempt any apps on video i wasnt very familiar with. I didnt wanna make the tpad look like it has problems when it was an ID10T error
    That seems like a contradiction of your original purpose for rebuking the reviewers.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That seems like a contradiction of your original purpose for rebuking the reviewers.
    how? because I didnt wanna fumble around with software Ive NEVER used before. Ive never even opened quick office on anything, ever.

    that'd be like me reviewing a 6spd car without knowing how to drive a manual shift vehicle. it wont look good.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    how? because I didnt wanna fumble around with software Ive NEVER used before. Ive never even opened quick office on anything, ever.

    that'd be like me reviewing a 6spd car without knowing how to drive a manual shift vehicle. it wont look good.
    Devices like the TouchPad are designed to be *****-proof. Unlike Windows, OS X or any other desktop operating system, you can't screw up the system by opening up the wrong app.

    So basically, what you're saying is, you knew there were things wrong with it and steered clear of those things only to print a pretty picture?
  12. #12  
    Haters gonna hate not much you can do about it.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Haters gonna hate not much you can do about it.
    Truth hurts, sometimes. HP has acknowledged the issues, there's no disputing that.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    how? because I didnt wanna fumble around with software Ive NEVER used before. Ive never even opened quick office on anything, ever.

    that'd be like me reviewing a 6spd car without knowing how to drive a manual shift vehicle. it wont look good.
    Bad example.

    You are definitely competent enough to push a virtual button. I doubt that you needed to fumble to launch an app that is supposed to work.

    I am on your side...we need to PROVE that the reviewers may have had weird experiences. Hiding from launching an app is not going to accomplish your goal.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  15. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    how? because I didnt wanna fumble around with software Ive NEVER used before. Ive never even opened quick office on anything, ever.

    that'd be like me reviewing a 6spd car without knowing how to drive a manual shift vehicle. it wont look good.
    lmao
    post of the year.
  16. #16  
    I went to bestbuy and played with a demo unit for about 20 min. I noticed some lag, it wasn't a deal breaker for me but it was noticeable. For the most part the TP was really fast, but it did lock up on a couple of apps. The games it had, paratrooper, quell, glyder, paperboy, and glow hockey all ran flawlessly. Note that this unit didn't have internet access. Lovef it by the way!!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Devices like the TouchPad are designed to be *****-proof. Unlike Windows, OS X or any other desktop operating system, you can't screw up the system by opening up the wrong app.

    So basically, what you're saying is, you knew there were things wrong with it and steered clear of those things only to print a pretty picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Bad example.

    You are definitely competent enough to push a virtual button. I doubt that you needed to fumble to launch an app that is supposed to work.

    I am on your side...we need to PROVE that the reviewers may have had weird experiences. Hiding from launching an app is not going to accomplish your goal.
    oh, I know I coulda launched the app...i meant once I was IN the app I wouldnt have a clue of what to do next.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  18. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    oh, I know I coulda launched the app...i meant once I was IN the app I wouldnt have a clue of what to do next.
    we just want to know how long it took to open
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    oh, I know I coulda launched the app...i meant once I was IN the app I wouldnt have a clue of what to do next.
    Launching it was half the battle. If you saw the Engadget review, it got hung up and never launched.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  20. Hobbz's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    #20  
    I finally got my hands on a demo unit today. I couldn't do much with it and opened up several apps at once trying to detect lag or jerkiness in the screen. I feel that nobody can make a valid conclusion there's no lag based on the demo unit. As others have already suggested, we need to use a real model and see how it handles over time.

    I will say I was slightly disappointed with the response time for some apps to open. From the time I tapped the screen icon until the time the app was up and ready to go took anywhere from 3-8 seconds. This was launching one app at a time with no others running.

    I did notice that if I closed an app and relaunched it shortly afterwards, the response time was almost instant - like 1 second. I don't know if HP did something with memory to reduce response time or if it was just a fluke.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions