Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

I did notice that if I closed an app and relaunched it shortly afterwards, the response time was almost instant - like 1 second. I don't know if HP did something with memory to reduce response time or if it was just a fluke.
    It may not clear all the memory occupied when you close an app by the time you open it again.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    coming from an android tablet the tpad is smooth as silk.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I went to bestbuy and played with a demo unit for about 20 min. I noticed some lag, it wasn't a deal breaker for me but it was noticeable. For the most part the TP was really fast, but it did lock up on a couple of apps. The games it had, paratrooper, quell, glyder, paperboy, and glow hockey all ran flawlessly. Note that this unit didn't have internet access. Lovef it by the way!!!
    I did the same thing earlier this week at BB..
    I was pleasantly surprised at the snappiness of webos.
    Wifi was on there and the browser is what got me excited.. I have a Xoom and it is junk as far as browsing and general screen responsiveness (at least compared to the ipad and ipad2 i have..).. The Touchpad was much closer to the ipads in responsiveness..

I did have a few issues.. one was with pairing (but that is because I was pairing to my sprint pre minus 1.4.5 i'm assuming.. )
    The other was when opening the email app it would flash/flicker.. I'm assuming that is because there was no Palm profile on the touchpad and had no data to load.. So i can't make any real judgement on that until i get the real deal hooked up to my account.
    There's definite lag in the photo app at the end.
    oh.. i will say this.. The Xoom also experiences slow down after a few days..
    Even when I use a task killer to nerf stuff it still gets to the point the browser is damn near unusable and the calendar and mail pretty much won't load..

Could be that I have the only Xoom in the world it happens to.. I somehow don't believe that is the case..
    Just because you play with a TouchPad for 5 minutes and it doesn't lag doesn't mean the reviewers who had it for days to test and review didn't run into the lag and lock ups. Even PreCentral's review says the TouchPad had random lag and lock ups.

The problem exists. It's not the Loch Ness Monster. It's documented on every mainstream review across the board. Use the device for an extended period of time and you're almost certainly going to experience the issue.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Just because you play with a TouchPad for 5 minutes and it doesn't lag doesn't mean the reviewers who had it for days to test and review didn't run into the lag and lock ups. Even PreCentral's review says the TouchPad had random lag and lock ups.

The problem exists. It's not the Loch Ness Monster. It's documented on every mainstream review across the board. Use the device for an extended period of time and you're almost certainly going to experience the issue.
    People like op and others seem that they don't understand why companies send their products weeks in advance. Hp made a big mistake pricing this at 500.
    <<thread cleansed>>
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    People like op and others seem that they don't understand why companies send their products weeks in advance. Hp made a big mistake pricing this at 500.
    you can make any computer lag. especially if you spend time using it for a week screwing it up, etc.

it was just as fluid as my work ipad.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12