Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    They did a whole advertisement campaign featuring two actors for many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    There was a Eminem and Coldplay commerical.
    Coldplay blows. Who let them have a microphone?

When it comes to advertising:

Apple = Hipsters.
    HP = Celebrities.

HP > Apple.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this will make HP win the war, but had they started out together on the same day, HP could have an upper hand. They have a lot of catching up to do. Recognizable celebs do just that. Just wait'll the Gaga and Dr. Dre commercials start...
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Coldplay blows. Who let them have a microphone?

When it comes to advertising:

Apple = Hipsters.
    HP = Celebrities.

HP > Apple.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this will make HP win the war, but had they started out together on the same day, HP could have an upper hand. They have a lot of catching up to do. Recognizable celebs do just that. Just wait'll the Gaga and Dr. Dre commercials start...

Apple>HP on the basis that most normal people say they hate hipsters and then follow thier trends.
    Apple>HP on the basis that most normal people say they hate hipsters and then follow thier trends.
    <----- A probable half-hipster who hates Apple.

Give me the celebs, baby!
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    <----- A probable half-hipster who hates Apple.

Give me the celebs, baby!
    Me too but im hoping to see see the touchpad on the today show or something.
    Celebrities are a good way to bring attention to your brand quickly. Apple having built their brand up over the years does need to take this tactic to get people to find out about their products.

but just because apple doesn't have celebrities in their tv commercials, don't think for one second that celebrity endorsements don't play a major part in the success of their products. Celebrities are often seen with their white headphones, or in interviews talking about what they've got in their ipod. Thats all it takes to get some people to want Apple.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    This is how you do a tablet commerical.

Marketing done right play off of people's need to belong, their sense of well-being, their need to be better than someone, or their fears of any of those. Apple did it to great effect with the Mac vs. PC commercials showing nerdy, older, failing "PC" against hip, younger, likable and successful "Mac".

HP is playing the same game by bringing in successful, known, and likable people to showcase their products. At the same time they are showing what those exceptional people can do with the product and if can work for those people then it must be able to work for your mundane, boring, non-exceptional life right OR maybe it can make you more like those people
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    It works for their PC department and theyre no slouch in that market.
    Different market. With tablets you got to try harder. The thing is Webos sells itself. Well if there are able to fix the too many card errors and make it as fast as it is when overclocked.
    They don't need celebrities to tout their wares. I was watching the news last night and they did a piece about an extreme coupon fanatic getting banned from walmart. They said "her iphone" 5 times in the small snippet. Apple has gotten everyone to differentiate their phone from other smartphones.

My .02.
    Last edited by Bodgingbrom; 07/01/2011 at 01:15 AM. Reason: GRAMMARLOL
    Apple may not use celebrities in their commercials, but they spend hundreds of millions of dollars a year on their ad camapigns; via commercials, billboards, print ads, product placements in films & TV shows, etc.

-There's this one billboard in Herald Square in NYC (Outside the Manhattan Mall), which, ever since the iPod came out, it has only been an Apple Billboard. It went from iPod -> iPhone -> iPad. For almost a decade, I can honestly say I've never seen anything but Apple on that Billboard (I can only imagine how much it costs them to have that Billboard there)

HP may spend their hundreds of millions diferently, but Apple definitely spends money on their ad campaigns.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12