1.    #1  
    I've called every walmart within 100 miles of eugene, oregon and they were all confused, as if i had asked them to solve a complex calculous equation when i asked about having it at midnight. most didnt even know how to really check and told me to call back around 10.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Oregon i can go to get one at midnight???!!!
    The Best Buy in Beaverton off of highway 217 has a working demo. I figure they'll have units for sale tomorrow and they said they should be available then
  3.    #3  
    Hmm tempting to drive there to just ee it. i'm the kind of guy that needs his fix early. i'd be willing to drive to WA from Eugene to get one at midnight. Too bad HP doesn't have a map of where will have them at midnight!!
    Yeah, I don't know if they'll be open at midnight, but they'll be open tomorrow at least.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Ah Beaverton huh. I checked the Walmart in McMinnville when I was over there as well as the super Walmart in Woodburn. McMinnville looked all setup just lacking the actual hardware. Woodburn was all kinds of a mess. The tablets section was had an "e-reader" header above it with one tablet and a few laptops. On the other side of the aisle was the tablet header inserted upside down with batteries in that section. Might have to make a trip to Beaverton

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by corn13read View Post
    I've called every walmart within 100 miles of eugene, oregon and they were all confused, as if i had asked them to solve a complex calculous equation when i asked about having it at midnight. most didnt even know how to really check and told me to call back around 10.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Oregon i can go to get one at midnight???!!!
    I was just at the BB in Eugene and they have working 16GB and 32GB working models. When I called, I was told that there wouldn't be anything until tomorrow. But I went anyway. Nice placement in the center of their new tablet section - can't miss it.

From what I could gather from the sales reps, the shipment is supposed to be coming in tonight. (13 units, I think) Not sure whether, if they arrive before 10 PM closing, they'd actually sell one or not but, again, from what I gathered if they're there they'll probably sell them.

I might go back tonight or just wait until tomorrow. Just getting to play with it was very satisfying for the moment. The sales reps need some education but overall, they were interested at least, not negative. Although, one guy tried to tell me that the Transformer was a 2ghz processor - so 1.2ghz was slower. "uh, that's a Tegra 2 [stop] 1 ghz. Not a Tegra 2.1ghz."

Anyway - go down and help with their education at least. They're demos are there.