Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Wow, I am a bit disappointed. I live in St Cloud, MN, and I went to my local Wal-Mart on 06/30/11, and found they did not have even the resemblance of a display for the Touchpad. Not worried, I headed to my local Best Buy. I was confident, as I had been there a couple weeks ago, and they had a nice display for the veer with an actual working model. My optimism was quickly dashed. Upon arrival, did I not only find that there was not a Touchpad display (neither with working models, nor with place holders), but the veer display was completely gone! Really? I will return 07/01 in hopes that things are different!
    I hope my pre-ordered touchpad actually arrives at BestBuy tomorrow. I have this irritating feeling in the back of my brain that there will be some unforeseen error and I will have to wait with the Canadians.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Went to the launch party in Union Square, NYC, picked up my 32gb Touchpad just after midnight. No issues so far...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    same here, posting from the one I just got at the NYC best buy. I like it!
    how was the party? Was it crowded? What about the excitement and atmosphere? Please explain. Thanks.
    Walmart was a no go. Well, off to the Best Buy in the morning as they said they did have it in stock but wouldn't sell till the morning.
    'ello. I was wondering for those who have it. Since I don't have one I have been watching some videos and in some of them I see a YouTube icon. Is there really a Youtube app now for the Touchpad and if so, how is it? Hopefully more feature rich than the Youtube app on the phones :/
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    'ello. I was wondering for those who have it. Since I don't have one I have been watching some videos and in some of them I see a YouTube icon. Is there really a Youtube app now for the Touchpad and if so, how is it? Hopefully more feature rich than the Youtube app on the phones :/
    No, not a Youtube app yet. The icon jumps you to the Youtube web page.
    From what I've read/heard, there isn't going to be a youtube app for the TouchPad.

Sprint Love
    Thanks. I thought HP went back on their words of how the Youtube page plays good enough that there was no need for a dedicated app
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Nice! Are you still waiting for your HP order (guess you don't even care anymore!).
    cancelling my order the moment HP SMB store opens up, a few hours from now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Walmart was a no go. Well, off to the Best Buy in the morning as they said they did have it in stock but wouldn't sell till the morning.
    Ditto. :/ Hopefully good news in the morning as I am leaving for a short Independence day vacay and it would be nice to travel with my new TPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Boo. Curious as to what they said...
    Regarding the 10% off coupons at Best Buy - they wouldn't work, tried several different ones, even had a manager come over and tell me he wouldn't over-ride it in the system. Said "if we can't use these on the ipad, I'm not going to let you use them on the TouchPad".
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Regarding the 10% off coupons at Best Buy - they wouldn't work, tried several different ones, even had a manager come over and tell me he wouldn't over-ride it in the system. Said "if we can't use these on the ipad, I'm not going to let you use them on the TouchPad".
    So, what you're saying is we have to get a manager that actually listens to the customer and maybe he/she can be convinced to over-ride it.

Hrm...I'll do my best, BB opens in less than two hours. Can't wait.

Sprint Love
    Using the TP in the parking lot of Walmart to type this. Using my Sprint Pre- connected with FreeTether. Using my 1.4.5 profile. Setup was painless and fast.

So far very happy with the TP.

Going to find a free wifi spot so I can play some more.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Are you reviewing the parking lot or the TP?
    Starbucks or mcdonald both have free wifi

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I was able to get a 32gb at a local Walmart last night at midnight! I called my HP SMB Sales Rep this morning to cancel my pre-order... I just couldn't wait until Tuesday to get it as I am leaving on a trip Tuesday, can't wait to take this on the trip with me!!
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Cool! Sorli...
    Can you give us an idea on how fast your web connection is and how fast web pages are loading when you are tethering via your phone? It was really slow for me when I was playing with on inside a walmart and would love to hear real-world experiances.