Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    12:12 on the East Coast, anyone at Walmart getting one?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Of a brand spanking new 32 gig baby touchpad!
    Take pictures man! Videos! Let's see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I've been F5'ing the Walmart site hoping they'd, you know, update it. No luck, though. Would've been nice to see which places around here had stock on time, but if there's anything I've learned from waiting with bated breath for product launches, online storefronts for big brick-and-mortars are usually the last to get a clue. Other than Apple, haha. They're always right on time.

So, I'll probably call around in a few minutes and see if any of the 24-hour stores around here have it. Not holding my breath, nobody at any of the local Best Buys had heard of it, nor had the Walmarts when I called around earlier this week.

(On a side note, jeez, what is it with Boston? Even though we're only a few hours' drive from NYC and are usually one of the big bold-lettered cities on weather maps, there are only two 24-hour Walmarts within 40 miles of here, and I've never seen an area so consistently clueless about new technology. Kinda miss living in the South...)
    Congratulations!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    congrats! try to find out about the box.net promo for the TP. see how long the 50 gigs free promo lasts for!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    ^^^
    That's probably one of the few times you'll see people complaining "there just aren't enough Walmarts!"

I callled the ones around me (4-5) and unbelievably (or not, really) not a single one picked up. And they're all Supercenters, open 24hrs...

9:20mins left. I'll go catch some Zzzz...
    Congrads man! Would love to see your take on it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    congrats you lucky son of be!!
    Ahahaha, yeah seriously. Everywhere else has tons of them but it seems once you go far enough north they're nowhere near as common.

One of the stores here didn't have any, and the other's electronics department didn't pick up. Ah well, heading off to sleep to get one in the morning too.

The life of a WebOS fan is full of trials and tribulations...
    just went to 3 different walmarts and nada. Looks like I'll be heading to best buy in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    ^^^
    That's probably one of the few times you'll see people complaining "there just aren't enough Walmarts!"

I callled the ones around me (4-5) and unbelievably (or not, really) not a single one picked up. And they're all Supercenters, open 24hrs...

9:20mins left. I'll go catch some Zzzz...
    i had the same thing happen.. called 24hour walmart.. rang and rang.. Hung up and dialed again.. let it ring about 25 times.. finally someone answered.. they put one on reserve for me.. Woot!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Tried to snag it at the Pacoima, CA store, but they didn't have any in stock. (At least, that was their story.)

But another couple walked in at the same exact time as me trying to snag one as well, which made up for some of the disappointment.
    12:01am in Kansas City Walmart. Just bought a 32GB model, which is what I wanted. They had 4 on the shelf, no 16GB models. Getting ready to drive home and then power it up.
    +1 from Wal-Mart. Charging now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokomibashi View Post
    Not holding my breath, nobody at any of the local Best Buys had heard of it, nor had the Walmarts when I called around earlier this week.

(On a side note, jeez, what is it with Boston? Even though we're only a few hours' drive from NYC and are usually one of the big bold-lettered cities on weather maps, there are only two 24-hour Walmarts within 40 miles of here, and I've never seen an area so consistently clueless about new technology. Kinda miss living in the South...)
    Wait, really? 'Cause I've had mine pre-ordered at the Newbury St BBY for a week or so ... they better have it tomorrow!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Just got back from Walmart with my TouchPad! It's a little sluggish due to syncing all my apps from the phone which is completely understandable. I'm digging this so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Wait, really? 'Cause I've had mine pre-ordered at the Newbury St BBY for a week or so ... they better have it tomorrow!
    I'm sure you'll be fine, no worries. The suburbs/greater area are usually way out of the loop, but if you're talking about a relative tech haven like Back Bay, then it's fine.

Downtown's like a totally different universe than the rest of the area in my experience, there's a much sharper difference between being "in the city" and "outside the city" than I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    Just got back from Walmart with my TouchPad! It's a little sluggish due to syncing all my apps from the phone which is completely understandable. I'm digging this so far!
    Congratulations! Good luck, hope you have fun with it!
    I walked into my local BB and got one today. I have been using it all afternoon and evening and it works great.

I think you'll be very happy. I know I am!
    this is better than ****o
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast