Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Brdlo4 could you go to your app store and tell us what we all been waiting for what are the big apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I dont know if a video is going to do much good.
    its very fluid so far. And it has an overall quality feel to it. I love the bashers that are turned off by the bad reviews.

too thick? It has touchstone capability

to slow? Not in my experience so far

too plastic? It doesnt feel cheap.
    It's not the hardware heaviness, etc.. that has many bugged out - its the bugs in the videos we saw from them - they were, well, NOT good.

So, please, play with it and post your thoughts, perhaps in contrast to some of the reviews that indicated lags and other UI glitches...

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

kkhanmd likes this.
    I dont know if a video is going to do much good.
    its very fluid so far. And it has an overall quality feel to it. I love the bashers that are turned off by the bad reviews.

too thick? It has touchstone capability

to slow? Not in my experience so far

too plastic? It doesnt feel cheap.
    Ah, but you're a fanbuoy, of course you're gonna say it's not too thick, too slow or too plasticky. Why do I know you're a fanbuoy? Well, you said you didn't think it's too thick, too slow or too plasticky. Only a fanbuoy would go and say that the TouchPad is NOT a piece of crap. Unbiased and objective reviewers will take a look at it, see that it's not made by Apple and doesn't run Google software, and immediately know that it is, in fact, a piece of crap and proceed to find good reasons for why that is: it's too thick and too plasticky! And so slow!

(insert rant demanding Netflix and Hulu apps as well as a Pre3 on Sprint because otherwise nobody in the world will want to buy HP products anymore).
    sketch42 likes this.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    ok fine..... Video on the way
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Ah, but you're a fanbuoy, of course you're gonna say it's not too thick, too slow or too plasticky. Why do I know you're a fanbuoy? Well, you said you didn't think it's too thick, too slow or too plasticky. Only a fanbuoy would go and say that the TouchPad is NOT a piece of crap. Unbiased and objective reviewers will take a look at it, see that it's not made by Apple and doesn't run Google software, and immediately know that it is, in fact, a piece of crap and proceed to find good reasons for why that is: it's too thick and too plasticky! And so slow!

(insert rant demanding Netflix and Hulu apps as well as a Pre3 on Sprint because otherwise nobody in the world will want to buy HP products anymore).
    Keep in mind, the fact that no one gives a rat about the webOS. Maybe Hulu Flash will for awhile. Being small has its benefits

Gotta love BB and how they honor release dates sometimes. They often have anime DVD and BDs out before they are supposed to...

My wife just sent me the pic of the TouchPad she got from a San Antonio Best Buy. I'm not sure if it was the La Cantera store or the one near North Star Mall though...

touchpad-pic.jpg
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    uploading now.... Keep in mind that ive owned ipads flyers and xooms. Also keep in mind that ive never done a video before, nor do I have hi def video equipment.

to all who want this to be an in depth going over every app in detail review... Look elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    can u do me a favor and find out what the offer of 50 free gigs from box.net is all about? is it 1 month free? 1 year?? thanks~!
    On the demo unit i played with yesterday, the Box.net app had no mention about any expiration date for the 50 free gigs. Not saying there isnt one, but it was not on the demo app.
    Just called my local best buy and they are selling the 32g version as well today...probably going to go pick one up.
    Does the packaging say anywhere on it that it can't be sold until 7/1? Most street dated items are.
    That's a bad photoshop job if I've ever seen one, I can't believe you fools felt for it. I mean, seriously? Best Buy would never, EVER, break the street date on an item.

/jealous

//edit: Ewww... what's with the blue color scheme on the forum now? TouchPad fever is on!
    She said it was the La Cantera store in San Antonio.

* Also, she said there were not any units out, only a sign that said "coming soon", so she tracked down an employee and pointed out that the in-store computer showed that they had 10 in stock and she wanted to buy one. They went in the back and got 1 for her.

So, just because there aren't any out on the self doesn't mean you can't buy one

And here is another pic of it...
    touchpad-pic2.jpg
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts

have fun... nothing new here though.

oh and those who think im just a ******?

Ive touched it and am using it now...... so I know what Im talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post

//edit: Ewww... what's with the blue color scheme on the forum now? TouchPad fever is on!
    Here's that discussion: http://forums.precentral.net/site-fe...und-color.html
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    She said it was the La Cantera store in San Antonio.

* Also, she said there were not any units out, only a sign that said "coming soon", so she tracked down an employee and pointed out that the in-store computer showed that they had 10 in stock and she wanted to buy one. They went in the back and got 1 for her.

So, just because there aren't any out on the self doesn't mean you can't buy one

And here is another pic of it...
    touchpad-pic2.jpg
    Bleh. Another bad photochop.

/jealous +1
    jurias likes this.

have fun... nothing new here though.

oh and those who think im just a ******?

Ive touched it and am using it now...... so I know what Im talking about
    TY for the heads up, my wife wouldn't have gone to pick one up if I hadn't known... BTW how long did it take to fully charge? I only ask cause the wife said there was a notice in the box to not use the touchpad until it was fully charged first.
    Do you think the 16 GB is good enough?
    I feel bad for that BB and the sales person. HP tracks this and won't be to happy with the store.

Still pretty cool though!
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    TY for the heads up, my wife wouldn't have gone to pick one up if I hadn't known... BTW how long did it take to fully charge? I only ask cause the wife said there was a notice in the box to not use the touchpad until it was fully charged first.
    I just started it up and it had over 3/4 battery out of the box. I have not charged it yet.
    Also quick question did Quick Office edit?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast