So now that precentral has done their amazing review (really, what does PC do that is not amazing) I just wanted to converse a bit about the omissions in the touchpad applications, especially those in Enyo platform. Im going to post a few things that they should have definitely added and/or refined a bit more and I want to see how you guys respond to it. I have also included a poll on your ratings for the TouchPad on a 1 to 10 scale (10 being the best).
1. The most important omission for me: lack of document editing software. I have a xoom now and I use quick office ALL THE TIME. I need that. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.
2. Email app: Do you think it's too basic? PreCentral said in their review that it was a very simple email application that has lost a lot of features that current webOS devices in 2.X already have. I'm guessing that they focused so much on the Enyo platform that they didn't really pay too much attention to actual functionality...
3. The freezes: I have now used three different touchpads in three different stores. Two of them have the freezing issue. Once every while (every 15 minutes or so) the system just.... stops. Could it be the Qualcomm Processor? I have never been a fan of Qualcomm chips. EVER. I look at their performance on Android devices and they are usually the worst. Perhaps they should have remained with TI?
4. The launcher: way too basic and there is little customizability in it. Do you think that's ok?
5. The hardware: I don't really dig the shell. The screen is FABULOUS. It's the best screen on any tablet in my opinion. But the shell does bother me a bit. Your thoughts?
6. No task manager.... this is the application I use MOST on my Pre 2. I love it. And I was very sad to see that it was gone. I think that should be required in any smartphone or tablet.
I will stop there for now and bring up a few more things in the dicussion, I just want to get other opinions on it.