1.    #1  
    I currently have a pre- running 1.4.5. I have preware installed and patched to death, OC, and themed.

What should I be aware of before I log into my profile on the TP. Should I do a save and restore and remove preware and themes first? As I have been reading, the TP and pre can share the same profile but with patches and themes installed on my phone I would like a safe transition.

I would like to know what everyone elese is going to do in regards to profiles.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I dont think your patches in any way affect your palm profile.
    The only patch I know of is adding launcher pages.

But since you can't change the pages at all on the TP, I'd say you're fine.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    I dont think your patches in any way affect your palm profile.
    I thought so, I would assume just contacts, and media are saved but want to be certain.
    And what was the verdict on running 1.4.5 in conjunction with the TouchPad (same profile)? Can it be done?
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    And what was the verdict on running 1.4.5 in conjunction with the TouchPad (same profile)? Can it be done?
    I hope so! All my contacts are saved to my profile in addition to Synergy.

I have been reading you only need 2x to use TTS due to the TS coils and software updates that will be heading to the Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I hope so! All my contacts are saved to my profile in addition to Synergy.

I have been reading you only need 2x to use TTS due to the TS coils and software updates that will be heading to the Veer
    OT, but your contacts are saved to your Palm Profile?

I'd change that to Google or something if I were you...
    I know about the Touch-To-Share and all. My contacts are in Google, so thats taken care of. I just would like someone with a sub-2.x device to confirm that you can use the same profile on the Touchpad.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Humm, I would like to know the answer too. So is who is geting a TouchPad at midnight tonight? Want to be a ginny pig?