1.    #1  
    The fine employees at the BBY I pre-ordered at - in Pasadena, CA - told me that sure, they have the touchpad (girl wouldn't actually go and check), and she told me that BBY would either email or call me for pick up time. Nothing so far. Any one get the notification that their TP is ready for adoption?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I had the same thought, but so far no, nothing. I am thinking of giving them a call in a bit.
    Young girl I talked to last night told me they would be calling to set up pick up on release day 7/1.
    I told her I would be at the door when they opened that day with my preorder receipt.

She had just finished training on the Tpad the day before and was enthusiastic about the device. Kind of let down, I think, that she couldn't display her newfound webOS knowledge as I explained I was already quite familiar with it.

She said the Tpads were in the store but they couldn't sell them until launch day and was more than happy to radio the inventory manager to ask whether the accessories had arrived. (No)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I called my BestBuy. Even after providing the SKU and my order number the person on the other line can't make heads or tails of what I am asking for or find any sort of a product. She took my name and number and is calling me back.

I went from briefly hoping I could get it today (after seeing the post from Michigan) to just hoping it will exist tomorrow.

UPDATE: She did call back and confirmed the units are in inventory, but said they were required to honor HP's release date and could not sell one today. So tomorrow it is.
    Last edited by lougw; 06/30/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    I called and the woman told me that it is available and in stock. I will head over there at 1pm to try and pick it up. If I'm successful I will update.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    damn i would try to go pick it up regardless.... some guy in michigan walked into a BB and bought it.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Nothing yet.
    Nothing yet, but I am going to head to the store after work and try to buy one. You never know what may happen.
    Called the BBY where I have the pre-order and after some convincing ("I promise I won't tell anyone about your inventory!"), he told me they have 20 units of the 16GB unit and confirmed I'm the only pre-order there.

Does that mean that I won't need to go to Walmart at midnight to try and get one earlier? NO!!!!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Can't believe I went to the only BestBuy on the planet staffed by Eagle Scouts.
    Oh well. 10am means I have a full workday to play with it before my wife has a chance to grab it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Called the BBY where I have the pre-order and after some convincing ("I promise I won't tell anyone about your inventory!"), he told me they have 20 units of the 16GB unit and confirmed I'm the only pre-order there.

Does that mean that I won't need to go to Walmart at midnight to try and get one earlier? NO!!!!
    //sitting at home

I'm not going to Walmart. Checked both of the closest stores around and none of them had it. Called the third one and it was also out.

I'll be, instead, at BBY @10am.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    My dumb*** had it delivered it to my work so I won't be getting it from BB till next week. I tried called to change it to do a instore pickup and it was a no go.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had preordered a 16. Saw posts here that people were calling or showing up and getting lucky. I called my bb in west hollywood,ca. They had it, and said they would have 1 for me at the customer desk.
    For the past 2 hrs i've been playing with my shiny new touchpod, from where I am typing this. And forget all these bad reviews, this thing is awesome ! And I believe any regular person who tries a nice non-tainted demo or a friends is going to come away impressed. There are lag hicups here and there, but its something thats easily corrected via an ota update as mentioned by Herris in another article today. Anyway, give it a shot, I am not disappointed! Webos on this is just beatiful to play with!
    The noobs at my store couldn't figure out the preorder process, all while the HP rep was inside the store.

They took my name and number. Not too worried about getting one, I'll walk in tomorrow morning and grab one, whether they call me or not.
    I failed at getting at my store on time. Not that anyone had promised to hold one for me, but I was going to try anyway.

Oh well, 10:15mins left...
    I just got my call saying it was ready to pick up in the morning- @Salem, OR