Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    This was just posted at WebOSroundup:

HP TouchPad 16GB Delayed? Hello Free 32GB Upgrade! [Rumor] | News, Rumors |webOSroundup

Don't know the validity but was wondering of some here had received the same e-mail.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Wow. If that is true, I really wish I would have ordered through HP.

Seems like they are giving up an awful lot though, which makes me at least somewhat skeptical. Would you need to add on the accessory discount?
    I haven't seen any such email yet...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Does this mean demand was stronger than anticipated for the 16GB? My guess is if so they will fulfill retail partners orders as planned (so the 16GB will be there at BestBuy) and upgrade (at least some) of their internal orders. But who knows. Still amazed they would also feel need to discount accessories, but who knows.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    That would really be a massive slap in the face to anyone who bought the 32GB model. $100 off the 32GB model, in addition to the $50 rebate?

No way this is true.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    That would really be a massive slap in the face to anyone who bought the 32GB model. $100 off the 32GB model, in addition to the $50 rebate?

No way this is true.
    The $50 is only if you PURCHASE the 32GB.
    Sucks to anyone who ordered the 32gig
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Lol, it would be absurd.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    It's not a rumor. I just got off the phone with HP rep. He says i'll be getting a free upgrade due to overwhelming demand for 16GB Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Is this only if pre-ordered from HP? I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy online.

This is yet another slap in the face to me for being an early adopter!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    when did u order ures carioca?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ibrakhalid View Post
    It's not a rumor. I just got off the phone with HP rep. He says i'll be getting a free upgrade due to overwhelming demand for 16GB Touchpad.
    Now i wonder how many 16g they made, percentage wise.

Still. This is not a good decision, it will discourage those preordered 32gb, also render that $50 rebate a joke.

I just don't see this happening, too many downsides.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i mean, it could explain why the rebate is only good for the 32 gig version....
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    The $50 is only if you PURCHASE the 32GB.
    Ok, fine.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still $100 off the 32GB version and screws over those who were getting the 32GB version anyway.
    Lower both models by $100, refund 32gb preorders by $100, the sale will double or even triple. Do it, hp!

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I work in a service industry & see this, assuming it is true, as a great customer service recovery initiative. A certain number of customers would have been inconvenienced by a mistake made by HP (misjudging the demand for the 16G according @ibrakhalid's HP Rep). They are taking care of these customers, as well they should, to minimize the inconvenience & maintain them as future customers.
    dec likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Ok, fine.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still $100 off the 32GB version and screws over those who were getting the 32GB version anyway.
    It doesn't screw anyone over in any way. Those that agreed to the purchase price of a 32G Touchpad will receive one for the price they agreed to pay.

If a discount is offered next week, was everyone screwed who ordered the week previous?

We essentially enter into a contract when we purchase something. In this case, it sounds as though HP was having trouble fulfilling their end of the contract. They are providing great customer service to those who would have been inconvenienced.
    dec likes this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, i mean i ordered a 32 gig and im fine with it. i wish i could get the upgrade from a sixteen, but im not hating.

HP being overwhelmed with demand is pretty awesome in my opinion
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    It doesn't screw anyone over in any way. Those that agreed to the purchase price of a 32G Touchpad will receive one for the price they agreed to pay.

If a discount is offered next week, was everyone screwed who ordered the week previous?

We essentially enter into a contract when we purchase something. In this case, it sounds as though HP was having trouble fulfilling their end of the contract. They are providing great customer service to those who would have been inconvenienced.

I completely agree with your statement, they entered into a contract and both parties must fulfill their end.

What i don't appreciate is the extra 15% they will receive off accessories.
    Can anyone confirm if this is true?

HP TouchPad 16GB Delayed, Hello Free 32GB Upgrade? [Rumor] | News, Rumors |webOSroundup

Has anyone tried to reserve today? I called the reserve line on the touchpad website to inquire. The sales rep apparently said there were no known issues with 16GB being delayed or free upgrades for the matter. I didn't want to take the chance and get locked in with the 16GB and forfeit my $50 discount. I am curious to know if the $50 discount would be applicable to this free upgrade as well. That's a whole $150 off the 32GB.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast