Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You will love the way the TouchPad feels without any protection, no pun intended.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Haha, nice one :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    lukehale likes this.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    From what I feel, it's Gorilla Glass. However, unlike the Veer and the Pre2, it has some coating on it. No idea what it is. But it feels strong and not cheap like the Pre and Pixi screens. So whatever it is, it's awesome
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Yeah, the glass feels pretty slippery. I'm not too worried about scratching this baby - it feels pretty substantial.
  4.    #24  
    I'm not getting a screen protector. The glass feels pretty tough and it does have an oily film on it that makes your finger glide, which I like; I wouldn't want to ruin that with a screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmoran27 View Post
    The TP at Fry's was scratched up pretty bad. I doubt it is Gorilla Glass.

From their tech specs:
    Multi-touch glass display with a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance
    The specs I read before I purchased one said Gorilla Glass. What did they do to the one at Fry's? Key it? I've been using my t-shirt to wipe finger prints off mine twice a day for 15 days now. I haven't been going easy on it and not a scratch. If it's not Gorilla Glass it's the next best thing because my screen is tough.
    looks like it.

smells like it.

even tastes like it.

Yep, it's Gorilla.

Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/15/2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fixed pic
    I see pandas.
    Not gonna ask how or why you know what gorilla tastes like...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have a case for it. I only take it out of the case when i am at home with it and can put it down on soft surfaces. The HP case is $50.
    $35 at Amazon with free two-day delivery if Prime member. Just FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not gonna ask how or why you know what gorilla tastes like...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    fixed pic. should be evident now.
    I see pandas.
    sadly enough, I managed to put two small scratches in it allready...no idea how either :-(
    Maybe the reason HP isn't pushing the Gorilla Glass part of the specs is because it is a no brainer. You are not going to have a screen of this size on a portable device and use standard glass.
    It's definitely Gorilla Glass.
    Not really convinced till I can see some specs from HP literature

Not really convinced till I can see some specs from HP literature

Display: Oooh pretty.

Front and center on TouchPad is the 9.7-inch diagonal, LED-backlit, glossy multitouch display with IPS wide viewing-angle technology. Which means you don't have to be right in front of it to be blown away. Plus it has a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance. In other words, your eyes will be very happy and excited.

HP TouchPad | Tablet PC | HP® Official Site | U.S.

Display

• Size: 9.7-inch diagonal
    • LED backlit multi-touch display (capacitive)
    • Resolution: XGA (1024 x 768)
    • 18-bit color depth
    • Viewing angle: IPS wide viewing-angle technology
    • Auto rotate (selectable)
    • Multi-touch glass display with a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance
    Today I let three of my nieces use my Touchpad. The oldest one was 8 and the youngest was 2. They were tapping away at the screen and having a good time. They had it for about 3 hours with minimal supervision. It was hard to get it back from them. A lot of fingerprints but not a scratch on the unprotected screen. I used the shirt I was wearing to wipe it off.

Please don't believe the reviewers if they say the Touchpad doesn't have Gorilla Glass or a fingerprint coating. It is obvious that most of the early reviewers did not do their homework which has caused a lot of tension between them and some of us in this forum. Head to your local Best Buy and asked to see one that hasn't been beat up by being a display item and then look at the display items to see how your's might hold up if you buy one. You can confirm the hardness of the display then wipe off the fingerprints with a t-shirt to see how easy it cleans. Don't go off the initial reviews, they will steer you wrong most of the time.
    Finally got my touchpad in the mail. after unwrapping ut i put it on top of a stack of papers, from which it slid off while i werent watching, and straight to the floor, and of course landed screen down (about 1 meter drop) . Seems it survived with only a few scratches/dents? in the screen. I have yet to actually power on the device for the first time though, i hope it will be okay..
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliel View Post
    Finally got my touchpad in the mail. after unwrapping ut i put it on top of a stack of papers, from which it slid off while i werent watching, and straight to the floor, and of course landed screen down (about 1 meter drop) . Seems it survived with only a few scratches/dents? in the screen. I have yet to actually power on the device for the first time though, i hope it will be okay..
    now you get to worry about your touchpad housing cracking near the speaker...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3060469
    should be and it is pixelated at every 5mm apart like a matrix, if you have chance to take a real close look, the metalic sensors can be seen off the screen.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    go to gorilla glass website, HP touchpad does not appear on their tablet product list
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Looks like we will have to wait till the WillItBlend guy gets ahold of one and sticks it in his blender.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast