Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
    Well this is silly. When doing a review, you owe it to your readers to KNOW what you are talking about. Many of these so called reviews are more impressions than reviews. And when people take that as full reviews things get a little strange.

Remember that ALOT of people have their lives invested in promoting the fruit company - and nothing else could compare to the fruits. Remember the Iphone vs Evo youtube video ( ....... its (at least where i live) alot like life.

Reviewers - review the T-pad for what it is, not what YOU think it should be (ipad2).
    People mocked the iPad when it first came out. I still mock Android tablets

Not many people disliked them, but so be it. When the update comes, and the apps start rolling in it will all be smoothed out. I just love thinking of all these comparisons as my 'first world problems'. Good gracious people, give it some breathing room and it will be an awesome platform. It will be the best. Quote me. (at least the WebOS faithfuls will understand this )

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's perfectly understandable that the TouchPad is compared to an iPad 2 and the Galaxy 10.1. I also understand that for 'Joe User' the iPad is a better choice. I would recommend the same even though I'm a WebOS head. If my dad would call me today and ask me what tablet he should buy I would simply have to recommend him to get the iPad 2 even though I personally don't like it.

What I don't understand is how reviewers seem to favor the Galaxy over the TouchPad. It may have nicer hardware but seriously... HoneyComb is a trainwreck and it has even less apps than WebOS. I have no idea why a lot of reviewers rank it higher.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Imagine a world where the Touchpad came out first and everyone would rank the other tablets lower because they cannot match the smoothness of the interface in multitasking and synergy. That's the world where I live. Purposefully oblivious to the competition's aesthetics because I think their OSs are silly

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    It's perfectly understandable that the TouchPad is compared to an iPad 2 and the Galaxy 10.1. I also understand that for 'Joe User' the iPad is a better choice. I would recommend the same even though I'm a WebOS head. If my dad would call me today and ask me what tablet he should buy I would simply have to recommend him to get the iPad 2 even though I personally don't like it.

What I don't understand is how reviewers seem to favor the Galaxy over the TouchPad. It may have nicer hardware but seriously... HoneyComb is a trainwreck and it has even less apps than WebOS. I have no idea why a lot of reviewers rank it higher.
    HC got the 3.1 updated that resolved all the issues that reviewers had. The touchpad and HC seem to have the same number of apps. Touchpad right now has around 300 and HC has around 400.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post

Actually, id recommend Touchpad to your dad- WEBOS is really easy to learn for older people. I bought my dad a Pre - and when that gave up on him, he would go anywhere but to Pre + .
    And he sure isnt a computerguy, he can browse the web and recieve emails with pc. Webos was far easier to pickup.

Ios scared him (and mom) off with their cluttered frontpage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12