Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkozaine View Post
    You know what the funny part is? I was talking to an HP product tester about a week ago and he told me a ton of things about the TouchPad and Pre3, like the fact that HP has a working Pre3 on Sprints network.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No he wasn't. No he didn't.
    I'm boggled at how often I read the poor hardware excuse for Sprint balking at WebOS phones. I am more inclined to believe that Sprint doesn't want another easily modified OS driven freebee hotspot on their network, cuz they're the only truly unlimited data provider out there. My Tether and Free Tether don't matter on Vz or AT, because even after 5GB of service, that little workaround starts costing someone money.

Of course if Sprint really wanted to court an Exodus, they would embrace WebOS, advertise truly unlimited data and Homebrew solutions for hotspotting and bite bullet until volume subscriptions made them strong enough to really compete.

It's short term greed plain and simple, not long term financial planning. In this economy, no one willingly gives up customers unless they believe those customers are costing them too much. Unfortunately for Sprint, they really can't afford to lose the loyal base they have and I humbly suggest they will go down in history as having a Netflix moment when its all said and done.
    That actually makes no sense because Android is just as easy to enable tethering on...
    Quote Originally Posted by JD.Plourde.II View Post
    I'm boggled at how often I read the poor hardware excuse for Sprint balking at WebOS phones. I am more inclined to believe that Sprint doesn't want another easily modified OS driven freebee hotspot on their network, cuz they're the only truly unlimited data provider out there. My Tether and Free Tether don't matter on Vz or AT, because even after 5GB of service, that little workaround starts costing someone money.
    4 gig plans on ATT actually include tethering.

Also for the majority of people that tether I don't think they are burning through a crazy amount of data on Sprints 3G speeds, unless they are constantly tethering.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I am curious, how many times will you actually use the features offered by the bluetooth connectivity?

I have a Sprint Pre- and can not see myself wasting a phone battery twice as fast just so I can have my text messages go from my pocket to my tablet. Especially when the TP is not always right next to me and the phone is always in my pocket.
    when im at home, the pre2 is on the touchstone in the kitchen....my touchpad is right next to me
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Plain and simple:

Sprint, and every carrier, should welcome any/all devices from reputable hardware companies to run on their networks - that adds customers and provides the consuming public a real option to run any device that THEY purchase on whatever network they think is best.

If Sprint took this policy on, they wouldnt be #3 for too long, they'd launch right into the #2 spot so fast, it would make Verizon's head spin.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Plain and simple:

Sprint, and every carrier, should welcome any/all devices from reputable hardware companies to run on their networks - that adds customers and provides the consuming public a real option to run any device that THEY purchase on whatever network they think is best.

If Sprint took this policy on, they wouldnt be #3 for too long, they'd launch right into the #2 spot so fast, it would make Verizon's head spin.

And this was another factor for us going GSM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234