Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Today I got my first chance to use a Non-Demo version of the Touchpad.
    (Keep in mind iPad killer is just a strong term for THE tablet that can compete with the iPad 2)

As far as lag goes, I didn't experience any so I can not say anything about these supposed bursts of lag that some people have experienced. The UI was extremely snappy, I paired my Pre Plus with it and I was able to receive calls through the Touchpad.
    As far as the build quality, some people have complained about weight and feel of the actual device. I have to say the actual feel to the Touchpad is great, it feels wonderful in my hands and it isn't heavy at all because of the weight distribution. The plastic feels better than the aluminum of the iPad 2 or the Tab 10.1.
    Overall...everything was better than I expected and I wasn't planning on purchasing a Touchpad until they released a second version (because of all the negative comments about the Demo units in the stores) but I plan on buying the Touchpad ASAP now.

This is what we've been waiting for WebOS fans and I believe it will appeal to a massive audience.
    etx, iverieli, Rennat and 2 others like this.
    Are you a TP Peer?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  3.    #3  
    TP Peer?
  4.    #4  
    Btw I have to say I'm really stunned by the reviews that have come out today....totally underplaying the Touchpad when it's really much more.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Btw I have to say I'm really stunned by the reviews that have come out today....totally underplaying the Touchpad when it's really much more.
    well how cant you be concerned when a tablet priced in the same range as ipad 2/GT10.1 still has performance issues and promises "in the coming weeks" to improve things with updates
  6.    #6  
    Like I said I experienced no such performance issues and the update is scheduled July 25th. The only thing I know the July 25th date to be a change in is the update to touch-to-share. The Touchpad UI is reason enough to buy it, it's smooth, it's sexy, it's straight up the best tablet on the market imho. The only thing I'm waiting for is document editing and the homebrew/developer community to jump on the app market.
    Like I said I experienced no such performance issues and the update is scheduled July 25th. The only thing I know the July 25th date to be a change in is the update to touch-to-share. The Touchpad UI is reason enough to buy it, it's smooth, it's sexy, it's straight up the best tablet on the market imho. The only thing I'm waiting for is document editing and the homebrew/developer community to jump on the app market.
    Who told you July 25th?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #8  
    I got to talk to a developer and he told me this was the date he was given.
    Way to go WebOSFan12, upsetting all of the trolls in here, lol.
    JayhawkOne, rburtz and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    so your saying all the reviews talking about performance issues were lies?
    apple must have been paying them off to lie
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Way to go WebOSFan12, upsetting all of the trolls in here, lol.
    I mentioned in a different post that if I had been sitting at home all day instead of playing with the Touchpad I would have similar opinions to some of these people... disappointment. The fact of the matter is the Touchpad has so many advantages that people are overlooking. Just Type is AWESOME.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    so your saying all the reviews talking about performance issues were lies?
    Surely not all of them were, I have to say though that when I used it today I had no lag issues.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    apple must have been paying them off to lie
    sorry but I had to lol
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    sorry but I had to lol
    I feel like these people are being conservative about their opinions, they prefer a familiar device and UI and they have a slight bias, not to say I don't have a bias myself but still these reviews are ridiculous.
    JayhawkOne likes this.
    This is good news webosfan12. Although I wished HP would have done a better job out the box with optimization, I will NEVER allow someones else opinion to dictate me buying a product knowing I can take it for a spin first hand.

If I listened to the critics, I wouldn't have bought my Range Rover, inwhich I am very pleased.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    This is good news webosfan12. Although I wished HP would have done a better job out the box with optimization, I will NEVER allow someones else opinion to dictate me buying a product knowing I can take it for a spin first hand.

If I listened to the critics, I wouldn't have bought my Range Rover, inwhich I am very pleased.
    I'm glad you will give it a go, I believe you will be very impressed.
    I mentioned in a different post that if I had been sitting at home all day instead of playing with the Touchpad I would have similar opinions to some of these people... disappointment. The fact of the matter is the Touchpad has so many advantages that people are overlooking. Just Type is AWESOME.
    I agree here. Actually playing with a working unit sold me, regardless of the ngative buzz around these parts. And Just Type is something i'd sorely miss on any other OS. It's one of those things that's hard to describe to others in my experience, but is soooo useful once you realize its potential
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I agree here. Actually playing with a working unit sold me, regardless of the ngative buzz around these parts. And Just Type is something i'd sorely miss on any other OS. It's one of those things that's hard to describe to others in my experience, but is soooo useful once you realize its potential
    Yeah it really is. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't fallen victim to one of these chumps writing reviews about the Touchpad and undercutting its true capabilities.
    "its true capabilities" is a wonderful way of putting it. If people REALLY want to compare it to the iPad they should be looking at what really matters: the experience/productivity. TRY to be as productive on an iPad. TRY to have a logical flow, or seamless integration of networking, or communication, or aaaanything that WebOS has to offer on any other mobile OS.

WebOS works because it is the closest thing to a PC computer we have become accustomed to, in a wonderfully touch-friendly package. I wouldn't want Windows 7, or OS X on a touchscreen because it isn't optimized for a touchscreen. But WebOS is both optimized for a touch interface AND an easy transition to what we are used to in modern computing: the ability to observe and interact with multiple, active applications. Simple.

We rarely use only ONE program at a time, so why should our operating system behave like we do? Try thinking of your 'normal' computer like Android or iOS and you will go mad.
    Sapient2k7 and Rnp like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast