Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    I'm glad to see a positive thread showing appreciation for what webOS does well. Even without any apps, it does 90% of what I would use a tablet for. Efficient multitasking, synergy, unobtrusive notifications and Just Type are worth the price of admission alone. These are features that iOS and Android can't hold a candle to.
    reviews are just that....some human trying to impose his decission of a product...i make up my own mind watching the videos and some soon to be hands on use and then I will decide
    dajlol77 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    reviews are just that....some human trying to impose his decission of a product...i make up my own mind watching the videos and some soon to be hands on use and then I will decide
    This is what more people need to do, I see too many people saying oh I canceled my preorder cause of the reviews, did you even bother to take a look at the device yourself? Go look at the device make an informed decision and then maybe the touchpad isn't for you, maybe you test out the ipad 2 and you like it better. Go with what you want not what other people are telling you to do, I CANT stress this enough..
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    This is what more people need to do, I see too many people saying oh I canceled my preorder cause of the reviews, did you even bother to take a look at the device yourself? Go look at the device make an informed decision and then maybe the touchpad isn't for you, maybe you test out the ipad 2 and you like it better. Go with what you want not what other people are telling you to do, I CANT stress this enough..
    Then you should tell them to cancel their pre-order first, have a on-hand trial at the store, THEN have an informed decision to whether to buy the product.
    I'll be heading over to bestbuy myself to check one out.I do agree that the reviews are far to harsh.But I got the feeling that it won't matter what the critics say this time around.Anything that don't begin with an I is already considered worthless.The iphone and ipad 1,and 2 had problems in the beginning.Whats even worse is that apples products and software flaws start to show later on.But I don't hear them complaning or saying it's a piece of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    "its true capabilities" is a wonderful way of putting it. If people REALLY want to compare it to the iPad they should be looking at what really matters: the experience/productivity. TRY to be as productive on an iPad. TRY to have a logical flow, or seamless integration of networking, or communication, or aaaanything that WebOS has to offer on any other mobile OS.

WebOS works because it is the closest thing to a PC computer we have become accustomed to, in a wonderfully touch-friendly package. I wouldn't want Windows 7, or OS X on a touchscreen because it isn't optimized for a touchscreen. But WebOS is both optimized for a touch interface AND an easy transition to what we are used to in modern computing: the ability to observe and interact with multiple, active applications. Simple.

We rarely use only ONE program at a time, so why should our operating system behave like we do? Try thinking of your 'normal' computer like Android or iOS and you will go mad.
    Exactly right, and the key reason why the TouchPad will succeed in the business world. Well said. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Exactly right, and the key reason why the TouchPad will succeed in the business world. Well said. {Jonathan}
    Can't even edit docs out the box, yet it's going to wow the business world. Sad. x-(
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Can't even edit docs out the box, yet it's going to wow the business world. Sad. x-(
    Show me another tablet that came with Doc editing at launch? iPad, Nope. PlayBook, Nope.

Seriously, this is a ridiculous argument.
    Give it time, dude. It'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Show me another tablet that came with Doc editing at launch? iPad, Nope. PlayBook, Nope.

Seriously, this is a ridiculous argument.
    My Galaxy Tab 10.1 does it quite well.

Stop making excuses. Even my relic HTC Advantage (look it up) Win Mobile hybrid phone/tablet from eons ago had doc editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    Give it time, dude. It'll happen.
    Same thing was said concerning the Pre. Did doc support ever come to it? What ever happend to Docs To Go for the Pre?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by augustofretes View Post
    It isn't like this was a "one human opinion" chaos. It was a "all reviewers" chaos. This is: Everybody who has used the device for more than 15 minutes at best buy (and who has also used other tablets, and review phones and tablets all day long) is really disappointed, and found the device between mediocre and barely decent. Even the guys at precentral couldn't bring themselves to recommend it, actually, I'm sure if the guy didn't work at precentral, he would've been more harsh.
    I used it for more than 15 minutes and I didn't find it a bit disappointing, it changed my opinion from no need for a tablet to I'm going to get this now.
    pow12390 likes this.
  13.    #33  
    Haha, very soon the editing part will come and you can finally drop this.
    Great! Thats what I expected to happen, when someone see and have some experience with non demo touchpad unit.

I am reading those reviews (shame on them) and remembered how same people acted when first generation iPhone come out and then iPad. Same happening now.

I don't care what they saying or writing, I know well that WebOS is and was first one in the UK to make order on 19th of June.

iPad 2 still doesn't has any Skype, and iPad one doesn't has any camera and many other features. Even facebook app.

Enough!!! keep your ipad's and android tablets and remain silent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Why didn't it come with editing? The xoom and galaxy tab came pre installed with quickoffice HD that had editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    So you're concurring that its not ready for "business" then, right? When the editing part comes, then we should pay attention, then... Is that what you're inferring?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    So you're concurring that its not ready for "business" then, right? When the editing part comes, then we should pay attention, then... Is that what you're inferring?
    Don't worry its gonna be here "in the coming weeks" as with the bug fixes
    Thank you WebOSFan12 for the post. I think that we all have experienced WebOS and because of that, we overlook it's basic advantages over the competitors. Just Type and Synergy being a couple that are just there like they are expected to. They aren't expected on the iPad and provide a experience that the iPad can't.

Yes, the reviews did pull the idea of the wondrous TouchPad back down to earth. It exposed all of its faults and kinks. However, it looks like HP did spend time optimizing the core functionalities that we all use every time that we will pick it up. I am very happy to see the smoothness of card view and the launcher as well as the web browser. It is a fine place to start.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Excuses...wow being a Galaxy Tab owner...you must hate Apple's 100k dedicated tablet apps compared to Android 100 or 200 tablet apps. Developers will not invest in technology that is designed to be Free...Everyone wants free (me too) but I'm not expecting everyone to just give it away like typical Android users. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Excuses...wow being a Galaxy Tab owner...you must hate Apple's 100k dedicated tablet apps compared to Android 100 or 200 tablet apps. Developers will not invest in technology that is designed to be Free...Everyone wants free (me too) but I'm not expecting everyone to just give it away like typical Android users. Sorli...
    ???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast