77 55.00%
  • Samsung shouldnt make TP's

14 10.00%
  • Dont care, just give me a Sammy TP

35 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is Samsung made future TP, do you think H/P should keep its branding like nexus for Android? Or should it be all Samsung and webOS branding?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is Samsung made future TP, do you think H/P should keep its branding like nexus for Android? Or should it be all Samsung and webOS branding?
    First off, I don't think a computer hardware company is going to have another computer hardware company design and build its hardware.

Second, I think any Samsung webOS device will be branded as a Samsung device. The HP branding will appear thoughout the OS itself. Though it is not out of the realm of possibility. My first iPod I bought from HP and it has both Apple and HP branding on the outside.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    First off, I don't think a computer hardware company is going to have another computer hardware company design and build its hardware.

Second, I think any Samsung webOS device will be branded as a Samsung device. The HP branding will appear thoughout the OS itself. Though it is not out of the realm of possibility. My first iPod I bought from HP and it has both Apple and HP branding on the outside.
    But when HTC made Nexus, it didnt carry any HTC marking, only Google
    But when HTC made Nexus, it didnt carry any HTC marking, only Google
    Right, but Google is not a hardware manufacturer. HP is. This is like asking HP to build PCs (which they already do) for Dell (who also builds PCs) and having Dell branding on it. I just don't see that happening.

Now, if HP needed an HP branded fridge.....
  5.    #5  
    Right, but Google is not a hardware manufacturer. HP is. This is like asking HP to build PCs (which they already do) for Dell (who also builds PCs) and having Dell branding on it. I just don't see that happening.

Now, if HP needed an HP branded fridge.....
    I guess it makes sense, maybe they are talking with Sammy about supplying them superamoled plus, their battery and ability to slim down tablets?
    I guess it makes sense, maybe they are talking with Sammy about supplying them superamoled plus, their battery and ability to slim down tablets?
    It could be that. HP could be designing the device and having Samsung provide the parts. In exchange, Samsung can put webOS in its own tablets and stop the Apple litigation in its tracks.
    Samsung only sells up to amoled to other companies. All higher varients are only for samsung internals.
  8.    #8  
    It could be that. HP could be designing the device and having Samsung provide the parts. In exchange, Samsung can put webOS in its own tablets and stop the Apple litigation in its tracks.
    How will webOS on Sammy tabs stop Apple litigation's on Android Tabs?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Samsung only sells up to amoled to other companies. All higher varients are only for samsung internals.
    Maybe if H/P let them use webOS, they may put super amoled plus on TPs. Nice ring TouchPad-s
    How will webOS on Sammy tabs stop Apple litigation's on Android Tabs?
    Big Brother. Apple may be more apt to settle rather than push through if HP is standing behind Samsung. HP is still the world's largest tech company.
    Last edited by bobsentell; 06/29/2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: it's about two hours after bedtime....
    Big Brother. Apple may be more apt settle rather than push through if HP is standing behind Samsung. HP is still the world's largest tech company.
    which is why im going to buy some of their low low stock.
  12.    #12  
    I wonder if H/P stocks would drop after poor TP reviews, probably not as they havenot placed webOS on printers yet.
    I wonder if H/P stocks would drop after poor TP reviews, probably not as they havenot placed webOS on printers yet.
    I doubt it. The ToucPad is only a fraction of their overall business. Seriously, Apple would see a bigger drop if AirPort received poor reviews.
  14.    #14  
    whenever the June Apple conference happens, Apple stocks drop and then bounce back. This year specially as there was no hardware.
    More like samsung galaxy touch, and it will be great.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16.    #16  
    I think pre-4 that looks like samsung galaxy SII would be awesome, though I would want some upgrades on hardware and maybe a better back
    Tablet... webOS... Superamoled Plus...

Meeeee... Wannnntssss...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Thanks to the threat of litigation from Apple, Microsoft makes a ton of money from every Android phone. Android phone makers effectively buy a windows phone license from Microsoft - even though the phone runs Android - to protect against lawsuits from Apple. With the various Palm and HP patents, HP could license webOS in a similar way. Samsung (and others) might never actually launch a webOS device, just license the patented intellectual property to protect from lawsuits. Or they might do both (license the patents and launch webOS devices). Either way, good for webOS, good for HP, and good for Samsung. Bad for Microsoft.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Tablet... webOS... Superamoled Plus...

Meeeee... Wannnntssss...

Best Regards...
    The only problem is even Samsung havenot placed superamoled plus in their own tabs.
    Even if Samsung does make webOS devices, which I don't see the value of at the moment, it should definitely have Samsung's name on it like Samsung's i500. That way, people will know who to cast their complaints with! Seriously though, it should have the manufacturer's name on it.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast