1.    #1  
    I've been using Google Calendars since my days with my original Pre (and now HTC Evo). However, I wonder if it's possible to have multiple Google calendars, so I could have a personal calendar, consulting work (not my daytime job, we use Exchange, which will be added to the TouchPad), family, etc...

I hope I don't have to create multiple Gmail accounts for that. Is what I'm asking making sense? I see on TouchPad videos multiple calendars being displayed, so this must be pretty easy to implement.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have my work and wife's google calendar shared with my personal google calendar. I have all the permissions to edit and make changes to all three calendars from my personal one so I never have to log into those accounts. I do think you need to create separate accounts for what you describe, but you shouldn't have to ever log into them once you create them and set the permissions.
  3.    #3  
    But are your work and wife's calendar under Google Calendar?
    I would need to test it out, but I thought there were ways to designate certain calendars in gmail, then you color code them using WebOS calendar. I know I hve done this, but it's been a while and maay not be specific to how you want to use it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    No, you do NOT need multiple gmail accounts...

In my google calendar account I have 6 different calendars (me, wife, 2 kids, family stuff, birthdays). Set each one to a different color and then you are good to go.

On a computer, go to calendar.google.com and log in with your gmail account info. Then over on the left, in the 'My Calendars' box click 'Settings' and then add calendars.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I've been using Google Calendars since my days with my original Pre (and now HTC Evo). However, I wonder if it's possible to have multiple Google calendars, so I could have a personal calendar, consulting work (not my daytime job, we use Exchange, which will be added to the TouchPad), family, etc...

I hope I don't have to create multiple Gmail accounts for that. Is what I'm asking making sense? I see on TouchPad videos multiple calendars being displayed, so this must be pretty easy to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    No, you do NOT need multiple gmail accounts...

In my google calendar account I have 6 different calendars (me, wife, 2 kids, family stuff, birthdays). Set each one to a different color and then you are good to go.

On a computer, go to calendar.google.com and log in with your gmail account info. Then over on the left, in the 'My Calendars' box click 'Settings' and then add calendars.
    To add to what he said:

At my work, we use GroupWise. I have as one of my Google calendar settings, a category for work. I sync that calendar to my GroupWise calendar. Works just about flawlessly. Shows up purple on my Google calendar, and my Pre (and will on my TouchPad as well). No need for multiple Google accounts.

BTW, I have several other categories on my Google setup as well, and those pull down to my work calendar, just so I can easily see them when I'm in my GroupWise client at work.

In short, my GroupWise work calendar, my Google calendar(s), and my Pre all have the same information.

Synergy rocks.
    I have multiple gmail accounts and it works fine for me, also you can share your calenders in gmail with other accounts. My girlfriend shares her's and I share mine with her, and this syncs up perfectly on my palm pre without any trouble, it even shows them in different colors!
  8.    #8  
    prolongexistence gets a TA-DA! Thanks, that worked perfectly -I can't believe that it was right in front of me!

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    At my work, we use GroupWise.
    I'm not familiar with GroupWise, we use Exchange at work (migrated from Lotus Notes, thankfully), so I'm looking forward to have my Exchange calendar (and email account) setup onto my TouchPad.

Thanks again guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Synergy rocks.
    Hell yeah it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm not familiar with GroupWise, we use Exchange at work (migrated from Lotus Notes, thankfully), so I'm looking forward to have my Exchange calendar (and email account) setup onto my TouchPad.

Thanks again guys!
    You are lucky, we use exchange, some office use Lotus, so to get the folks off Lotus, we are migrating everything over to some form of OWA (Outlook Web Access and SharePoint), I don't have all of the specifics, but I am NOT happy from what I have heard so far. And it's me and one other guy that people come to in our office for all their computer "problems", it's gonna be a rough transition.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    OWA is merely another portal to Exchange. We use it, and my Pre- synch's just fine with OWA. The limitation is what you can do on your computer, i.e., no drag and drop, etc. However, it "Synergizes" just fine with Pre!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    OWA is merely another portal to Exchange. We use it, and my Pre- synch's just fine with OWA. The limitation is what you can do on your computer, i.e., no drag and drop, etc. However, it "Synergizes" just fine with Pre!
    I thankfully don't need to sync with my work e-mail.

We currently have access to OWA (not sure if it is exactly what we will be getting), but from what we have been told thus far is we will be losing out desktop outlook access (makes no sense to convert offices using outlook to web based), I can get converting the lotus folks to web based since it'll all still operate off exchange, this is why I am worried we will be getting something even worse than OWA.
    To sync multible calendars in one Google account you have to use this solution provided for the iPad:

How to Sync Multiple Calendars to the iPad With Google Sync — Mobile Technology News

It worked for my Palm Pre Plus with webOS 2.1 in Germany where the standard google synergy plugin has strange troubles syncing events (some vanished some moved to a undefinded calendar). I moved to Google exchange and now everything is working.
    I used Safari on Windows 7 with JavaScript turned off, but i think the solution will work in every browser masqueraded with an iPhone user agent.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I use a Outlook plug-in called gSyncit to sync my Google calendars with Outlook 2007. Within my Google calendar I have several sub-calendars. Using gSyncit I can maintain full syncronisity between Outlook and Google, and by extention, my Sprint Pre minus and Touchpad. Everything stays color coded and my OCD stays at a tolerable level.

I'm not saying it's better than what others have offered, only what works for me.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.