1.    #1  
    The following sentence in bold:

The Wi-Fi TouchPad does not have built-in GPS; it gets its location using Google Location Services. Google Location Services works by calculating your position from the known GPS location of a Wi-Fi network’s IP address, and in our testing it was almost always able to get our location within a block. Needless to say, you’re not going to want to wait for the cellular version of the TouchPad if you’re wanting to use it for actual navigation.

I take it to mean "Don't buy the TP if you're wanting to use it for navigation", which can be boiled down to "GPS still doesn't work great in WebOS devices".
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No wifi = no positioning, so using it as a navigation tool on the road won't work well
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    GPS is useless in a wifi tablet, which satellite will the chip use to locate ? Verizon, sprint ATT or something else.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Another review said that there is GPS. I don't remember which review.
    can't i just use the 3G for my phone to make it a navigation advice.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    No wifi = no positioning, so using it as a navigation tool on the road won't work well
    I get that, but saying "you're not going to want to wait for the cellular version if you're wanting to use it for actual navigation" makes it sound like the cellular version doesn't have good GPS. The WiFi version obviously won't work on the road, but this makes it sound like the cellular version isn't any better.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    GPS is useless in a wifi tablet, which satellite will the chip use to locate ? Verizon, sprint ATT or something else.
    But the bolded sentence above says the cellular version won't be useful for actual navigation.
    I see what YankBoy means. I think the author put in an extra "not" by accident and completely changed the meaning of the sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I get that, but saying "you're not going to want to wait for the cellular version if you're wanting to use it for actual navigation" makes it sound like the cellular version doesn't have good GPS. The WiFi version obviously won't work on the road, but this makes it sound like the cellular version isn't any better.
    i see why you're confused. I read this as a typo. The 3G version will actually have a GPS, there for it will be better to use for navigation than google location services. He meant to say "you're going to want to wait for the cellular version if you're wanting to use it for actual navigation"

they wouldn't be able to make such a disparaging comment about the 3G version of the tablet because they don't have one to review.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I see what YankBoy means. I think the author put in an extra "not" by accident and completely changed the meaning of the sentence.
    A typo makes the most sense, and I kind of assumed that's what it was, but you never know. GPS hasn't been WebOS's strong suit, so I thought maybe it was still buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    A typo makes the most sense, and I kind of assumed that's what it was, but you never know. GPS hasn't been WebOS's strong suit, so I thought maybe it was still buggy.
    yeah, i was confused at first too, then i realized that reviewers don't have the GPS version to test.